MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I started a new job at the start of the year. Pretty much the role I’ve been working towards all my 30 year career. At the start of lockdown there were payoffs and I was certain I’d get the chop. I didn’t and I’ve worked exceptionally hard all year to keep my foot in the door. I received an email from a senior manager the other day only it was not from him but from his wife using his email address to sell her MLM wares. Talk about being put in a bad position! I’ve ignored it in the hope that’ll be the end of it. I’ve got a policy of not buying MLM shite...now I’m feeling pressured into it.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I started a new job at the start of the year. Pretty much the role I’ve been working towards all my 30 year career. At the start of lockdown there were payoffs and I was certain I’d get the chop. I didn’t and I’ve worked exceptionally hard all year to keep my foot in the door. I received an email from a senior manager the other day only it was not from him but from his wife using his email address to sell her MLM wares. Talk about being put in a bad position! I’ve ignored it in the hope that’ll be the end of it. I’ve got a policy of not buying MLM shite...now I’m feeling pressured into it.
😬what’s the company like? Is this someone you’d see on a regular basis or is it a bigger company where it probably won’t come up?

There is honestly no way that’s true. At all. How do they think that’s believable 😂😂😂 Honestly, if it was that easy to make that kind of money with an MLM scheme, we would all be doing it.
This is what i always say about these MLMs! If its soooo fantastic why arent we all at it . Cos its not ! The most annoying one for me is herbalife.

Reactions: 5
This is what i always say about these MLMs! If its soooo fantastic why arent we all at it . Cos its not ! The most annoying one for me is herbalife.
Herbalife seems to have lost its popularity around here, I used to see the branded cars driving around all the time. Never anymore.

Reactions: 1
FA454AD9-81D7-4257-A8E9-D865077E5216.jpeg

Have seen this on Instagram (someone I knew a long time ago)....what utter bullshit!
She was always the nasty one at school....so I can completely believe that she has no issue with lying to get people on board

• Haha
Reactions: 9
All these things they post about their earnings each month and their bonuses...it’s all got to be sales talk and trying to lure others in. No one in any other job does this. No one who works anywhere else boasts on social media about their monthly income or bonuses even if they get amazing ones. It’s all desperation to try and trick more people and it’s vulgar.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
😬what’s the company like? Is this someone you’d see on a regular basis or is it a bigger company where it probably won’t come up?
Large company but I’m in a small regional office. I sit 3 desks from him when not WFH and we talk several times a week usually.

It’s annoying because I just ignore MLM guff from friends and acquaintances. If asked I explain why.

I’ve never even met the woman who used her husband’s account to email me. I do know she and him both have very good real jobs so why get involved with this tit?

I’m going to quietly ignore it and hope I never hear about it again.

Reactions: 2
All these things they post about their earnings each month and their bonuses...it’s all got to be sales talk and trying to lure others in. No one in any other job does this. No one who works anywhere else boasts on social media about their monthly income or bonuses even if they get amazing ones. It’s all desperation to try and trick more people and it’s vulgar.
I used to work with a girl who joined the MLM company that sells the fat burner liquid and she’s posted on social that she earned thousands after just two days!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to work with a girl who joined the MLM company that sells the fat burner liquid and she’s posted on social that she earned thousands after just two days!
Unlikely. I think it takes a certain sort to make these sorts of claims and also to post it on their social media. Like I said above about normal jobs, no one gets offered a job somewhere and posts on Facebook the salary they’ve been offered. The only reason for them to do it is to try and con other people to sign up 🤷🏻‍♀️

Surely it won’t be mentioned. If I were him I would be mortified!! Certainly wouldn’t bring it up in conversation to question why you hadn’t bought anything...

I can’t bear Nicola Wills’ voice. So annoying!
Everything is all about catching the moments for the gram, to show the lifestyle off. But as I said, the house is rented. I wonder why these people don't buy. Whether it's a choice or they just can't get mortgages.

Reactions: 4
yet another colleague has signed up for FM World! That seems to be the MLM of choice at the moment doesn’t it? I know this doesn’t go for everyone, but perfume isn’t something I buy often, maybe once a year if that, but when I do, I want to buy the real thing? Maybe that’s just me but perfume for me is a luxury and a treat.

Reactions: 7
Everything is all about catching the moments for the gram, to show the lifestyle off. But as I said, the house is rented. I wonder why these people don't buy. Whether it's a choice or they just can't get mortgages.
I thought they must rent as they moved very suddenly from their old house to this one.

she’s said before that she earns 16k per month so I’m very surprised they haven’t bought a house. Although I suppose to get the size of house they’d want to buy it would take a massive deposit and she likes the lifestyle they currently have and wouldn’t want to cut back in order to save.

Also, although her girls are gorgeous and very cute, I feel a bit sorry for them because of the names they’ve been saddled with.

My 87 year old friend who lives in sheltered housing was cornered by a carer who is selling FM as a sideline. Oh no, she said,I only wear Estée Lauder or YSL. Not put off this woman tried to tell her all the young ones loved FM and it would be a great Xmas present for grandchildren. Luckily she asked me first.

I wonder if she managed to sell to any residents. Really poor tactics, certainly morally wrong.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
My 87 year old friend who lives in sheltered housing was cornered by a carer who is selling FM as a sideline. Oh no, she said,I only wear Estée Lauder or YSL. Not put off this woman tried to tell her all the young ones loved FM and it would be a great Xmas present for grandchildren. Luckily she asked me first.

I wonder if she managed to sell to any residents. Really poor tactics, certainly morally wrong.
That’s just so low of the carer to prey on elderly ( some lonely and potentially vulnerable) if I were your friend , I’d report her as it won’t stop there ( also this carer can’t be making her thousands and living her best life if she’s still working!)

Reactions: 4
That’s just so low of the carer to prey on elderly ( some lonely and potentially vulnerable) if I were your friend , I’d report her as it won’t stop there ( also this carer can’t be making her thousands and living her best life if she’s still working!)
My friend won’t report her, it’s not her style. She’s switched on though and I can’t see her getting fooled into placing an order. I don’t know about the rest of the residents at the complex though. The only care my friend gets is a check twice a day over an intercom to make sure she’s ok so I’m happy she’s not been getting a constant hard sell.

My friend won’t report her, it’s not her style. She’s switched on though and I can’t see her getting fooled into placing an order. I don’t know about the rest of the residents at the complex though. The only care my friend gets is a check twice a day over an intercom to make sure she’s ok so I’m happy she’s not been getting a constant hard sell.
It just proves these FM ( and other huns) know no bounds when it comes to trying to sell their products!

Been invited to three FM Facebook groups in the past two weeks. Declined them all. Sorry not sorry.

Reactions: 3
I went to a DoTerra gathering at a friend's house not realising what it was. Some of the claims were astounding. There was mention of cancer. Not curing but not far off. These people have no knowledge or expertise on what they sell. Case in point: Nicola Wills posting on IG about her top 5 products. I'm into skincare and have done a fair amount of research. It was actually so cringe to watch.

Just checked. The travel consultancy I used isn't listed. Phew.
There is a travel one doing the rounds “PlanNet Marketing” and anyone you see on instagram posting about become an independent travel consultant will probably be part of it. They seem to have a lot of large zoom conferences where they make motivational speeches etc. Strange how people have managed to progress within their “team” during lockdown when there was a travel ban for months 🤨

A family member does Herbalife she makes out shes doing really good, yeh shes lost weight but I think that's due to her relationship breakdown and starting the gym not this tit she trys to push.
She gave my 16 year old some samples and then asked me to order as she thought it would help my daughter I told her where to shove it and got my daughter eating more healthily and signed her up for the gym.
This family member makes out shes got money but the reality is shes over £4000 in debt and her child goes without pisses me right off that people can get sucked in and end up in debt and still they have there eyes wide shut.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.