MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does being in an mlm and earning money (if people even do) count towards your tax? Like I thought if you're paying tax at your first job then you're deffo gonna be earning enough to include your earnings in tax? I know nothegoodgirl on YouTube, although American, got caught in this as she was in the top 1% and was never told she had to file her own taxes etc and ended up in a lot of trouble as no one would help her.
Yep! You’re classed as self employed and have to do your own taxes as any self employed person should be :) I’m not convinced all do though 😂

Reactions: 3
One of the FM girls posted on every platform today a pic of ‘apparently’ her savings account with £330k in it from the last 2 years of being in the business!! However last month she also posted her tax bill which was only £20k surely that needs an investigation 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
One of the FM girls posted on every platform today a pic of ‘apparently’ her savings account with £330k in it from the last 2 years of being in the business!! However last month she also posted her tax bill which was only £20k surely that needs an investigation 🤣
I know exactly who your talking about....what a load of rubbish!! There are no accounts for that business on companies house, which I find really odd....surely there would be??

Reactions: 6
Has anyone replied to her post asking about the tax? I imagine the replies are all “you go girl” and “well done hun”

• Haha
If you look on companies house most of these “boss babes” have set up their ltd companies only to dissolve them months later..tax dodging surely!

If you look on companies house most of these “boss babes” have set up their ltd companies only to dissolve them months later..tax dodging surely!
That is super interesting, I just looked up one I know and sure enough she set he Ltd Company up at start of July after started FM in March and now on Maternity leave. It is a cult. She is having all these big renovations done to her house, has 2 cars now thanks to FM, Range Rover for her and Jag for the hubby. I would feel dirty earning that money as essentially it is from recruiting vulnerable people.....

Reactions: 7
That is super interesting, I just looked up one I know and sure enough she set he Ltd Company up at start of July after started FM in March and now on Maternity leave. It is a cult. She is having all these big renovations done to her house, has 2 cars now thanks to FM, Range Rover for her and Jag for the hubby. I would feel dirty earning that money as essentially it is from recruiting vulnerable people.....
I follow this person too. Be interesting to see exactly how much money she makes.
I'm getting a little bored of her as all she does is brag.
She's making renovations to the house that wasn't needed in the 1st place.

Reactions: 1
After dissing FM world (a lot) and refusing to join anymore FM world facebook groups from ‘friends’...yesterday I was bought (by a colleague) a bottle of FM perfume 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
god this girl I went to school with is involved with Arbonne, I had no idea what it was but her posts always seemed so odd and she has like a weird cult like expression as she is going on about whatever products so I googled it.. sure enough it is one of the biggest MLM scams going. I just don't get how someone like her would get involved, she is well off, has a good job. What is the point?

god this girl I went to school with is involved with Arbonne, I had no idea what it was but her posts always seemed so odd and she has like a weird cult like expression as she is going on about whatever products so I googled it.. sure enough it is one of the biggest MLM scams going. I just don't get how someone like her would get involved, she is well off, has a good job. What is the point?
I think Arbonne is the worst. The health products are rubbish, and the makeup is completely average. If it was any good Youtubers would be talking about it all the time but they’re not so it’s clearly just rubbish 😂 I know a girl who’s deep into it, she’s pretty high up I think and has just bought a house, but o would be interested to know how much of their down payment came from her income

Reactions: 9
I think Arbonne is the worst. The health products are rubbish, and the makeup is completely average. If it was any good Youtubers would be talking about it all the time but they’re not so it’s clearly just rubbish 😂 I know a girl who’s deep into it, she’s pretty high up I think and has just bought a house, but o would be interested to know how much of their down payment came from her income
yeh looking into the products they look like tit! those stupid drink things! And this friend advertsies this "do this 30 day detox with me" every month... sorry if you need to do it continously that clearly isn't working. Really want to message her an article about Arbonne as an MLM but do not know her well enough :LOL:

yeh looking into the products they look like tit! those stupid drink things! And this friend advertsies this "do this 30 day detox with me" every month... sorry if you need to do it continously that clearly isn't working. Really want to message her an article about Arbonne as an MLM but do not know her well enough :LOL:
The girl I know claims to be some expert in both health and fitness and makeup...I feel like they spread themselves so thin that they have zero credibility at all. The makeup is utter rubbish, it’s like Makeup Revolution. Nothing wrong with that but at least that brand is t trying to be some high end brand when they clearly aren’t

Arbonne people talk about the products as if they are experts. It's so cringe. Because clearly they don't know much at all about nutrition etc. NW starting to look quite ridiculous with all the work she's had done. And this overlining of the lips they all seem to do...

If anyone has Now TV or access to the Sky Crime channel, Murder on Middle Beach is a good watch. A lot comes out about the victims involvement in a pyramid scheme.

Reactions: 4
I am fuming! My sister told me that she was making idle chit chat in work with a senior about Christmas gifts and she ended up buying FM perfumes because this persons daughter was selling them. She said she felt like she couldn't say no. I am so mad.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.