MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I do sympathise with anyone in in difficult financial situation, I do also agree with some of the other posters that it’s likely just a recruitment tactic. Which I find very sad.
Sooo sad because I was here about to say I agree with what she’s said! (And I am furloughed for now). But if it’s just a guilt trip then ugh how sad.

Sooo sad because I was here about to say I agree with what she’s said! (And I am furloughed for now). But if it’s just a guilt trip then ugh how sad.
Yeah I agree with what she said too, I hope she was being genuine, it which case I feel for her, as I do anyone in that situation

Em Sheldon must be desperate if she’s shilling Herbalife?
Yep. She blocked me for pointing out she was supporting an MLM and her excuse was ‘it wasn’t bought through an MLM’. Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, she’s still promoting it! She would have just been gifted it.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just muted a family member on Facebook for her constant ‘boss babe’ bullshit flogging Herbalife. She claims to have lost so much weight from it, but her pictures are so edited there’s absolutely no way she’s lost the amount she claims. She also forgets her parents tag her in photos when they meet up and she hasn’t changed at all. Drives me mad!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve just muted a family member on Facebook for her constant ‘boss babe’ bullshit flogging Herbalife. She claims to have lost so much weight from it, but her pictures are so edited there’s absolutely no way she’s lost the amount she claims. She also forgets her parents tag her in photos when they meet up and she hasn’t changed at all. Drives me mad!
I can’t stand Herbalife. The shakes have barely any nutritional value, and what they do give you is easy to obtain from your diet. Plus most of them contain so much sugar.

Reactions: 4
I have a friend who sells Arbonne stuff and is always having 5am zoom meetings....what on earth can they be discussing i have no idea lol.

Anyway she posted a pic on her 'early morning run' cos she had so much energy from this stuff. The ironic thing is its a quiet country lane and you can easily see the cars headlights as I've driven down that road loads of times and its pitch black with no streetlights 🤦‍♀️
I also have arbonne selling on my insta that show their daily zoom calls with hundreds of others. It looks like a cult :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I hadn’t heard of arbonne before this thread but this girl I know just started showing it on her insta so I think she must be doing it and easing in slowly. It’ll be fine I guess if she doesn’t do all the stupid stuff we have seen talked about in this thread and try recruit people! I think she’s prob smart enough to just promote the products etc

Does anyone follow Nicola Wills? OMG with the lip "overlining". She looks like a caricature. Her lastest post talking about her skincare routine is bonkers. Using peel pads to get make up off?!! Also, they all rave about Arbonne and how environmentally friendly it is, but at the same time they've all got a trillion xmas lights up in their houses and drives. Talk about double standards.

Does anyone follow Nicola Wills? OMG with the lip "overlining". She looks like a caricature. Her lastest post talking about her skincare routine is bonkers. Using peel pads to get make up off?!! Also, they all rave about Arbonne and how environmentally friendly it is, but at the same time they've all got a trillion xmas lights up in their houses and drives. Talk about double standards.
I used to work with a girl who sold Arbonne and Nicola Wills was like her hero! She showed me a video of a speech Nicola made at the big conference , apparently she is one of the few who actually earns mega money.

Reactions: 2
Everything is for show with MLM sellers. I’d live to know what their actual earnings are. I follow a local girl who is constantly posting about buying new designer clothes and bags, constantly shopping. She only does Arbonne. Her husband works but she literally only does Arbonne, so I’d be genuinely interested to see what their financial situation actually is. Just to know what’s real and what’s not.

I remember in that short time Rosie b was doing the forex mlm, she did a few stories of her out shopping in London (filming the shopping bags etc) and basically directly said it was from all that -“so good to be making my own money” etc etc.

I wonder if it’s part of their indoctrination lol “make out to your followers you are financially free and out shopping all the time”

It's so funny how you can see people posting the exact same script, even on this thread:

- I joined because I love the product and wanted a discount
- I don't pressure anyone to buy from me

Etc etc. It's very clever, a way of targeting the timid to be part of your downline and of you making more money. The more timid won't go along with all the flashy stuff but the above tactic seems much more reasonable. It's still a scam!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It's so funny how you can see people posting the exact same script, even on this thread:

Etc etc. It's very clever, a way of targeting the timid to be part of your downline and of you making more money. The more timid won't go along with all the flashy stuff but the above tactic seems much more reasonable. It's still a scam!
I hate when they say they’re selling a product they love 😂 Cos let’s face it, the majority of MLM stuff is utter rubbish 😂😂

Reactions: 7
Also who puts products in general into the love category?

It’s face cream/vitamin pills/mascara, Betty, get over it!

Well done for highlighting that, they're so bleeping sneaky, need eyes in the back of your head to catch these tit talking scammers 🙌 (y)

I know a few people who do Arbonne. One picked it up on mat leave and now just seems to do it on the side, and doesn’t really push much. I know her up line as well who has given up her 9-5 and now does a variety of things including Arbonne and just in general promoting health and wellbeing through being vegan, healthy eating and spirituality. The third Is quite heavy pushing the products on her insta and is aiming for the car and the giving up the 9-5. I just can’t get my head around how they actually make any money, because I hardly ever see anyone commenting back about the products. Compared to my cousin who does Scentsy and she seems to sell quite a lot judging by her Facebook group (I’m not on it but I made logos for her so I was on for a nosy). I’m just so convinced it’s all a scam. Every single one of them.

You can spot a 'boss babe' a mile off when they show a picture of their kids and say 'this is my why' ffs. Most of us work to support our families but we don't need to broadcast it all over social media🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I really want to sign up to FM, but I hate the fact that it's an MLM which I have such negative opinions of! The only reason I want to sign up though is so that I can buy the products at cost price for myself & hubby. Has anyone ever done this or know of any reviews from someone who sold FM & no longer does? All I hear is 'hun, there's no targets to meet' 'hun, its changed my life' blah blah when all I want is a few products I like on the cheap!
look at Meg Hosier on Instagram. She’s the top of her game by the sounds of it. I did fm for a bit but had a crap up line x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.