MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My best friend has signed up for FM world this weekend because her sister in law “earns over £30,000 a month” she’s already tried to convince me to join her team. Hell NO.
Her Facebook page is full of ‘yummy mummy’s’ (no offence to all you yummy mummy’s out there) talking like it’s the best deal you’ll ever get your hands on! ‼😍
Designer inspired fragrances without the designer price tag
🤑💰💰 bullshit.

urgh, is it acceptable to block my best friend on Facebook? I have already told her my thoughts on MLM’s. But she is unfortunately the type that falls into the false promises of earning all that money and being a BOSS BABE and owning her own business whilst on maternity leave..

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My best friend has signed up for FM world this weekend because her sister in law “earns over £30,000 a month” she’s already tried to convince me to join her team. Hell NO.
Her Facebook page is full of ‘yummy mummy’s’ (no offence to all you yummy mummy’s out there) talking like it’s the best deal you’ll ever get your hands on! ‼😍
🤑💰💰 bullshit.

urgh, is it acceptable to block my best friend on Facebook? I have already told her my thoughts on MLM’s. But she is unfortunately the type that falls into the false promises of earning all that money and being a BOSS BABE and owning her own business whilst on maternity leave..
She’ll soon learn for herself. You can just unfollow people on Facebook without unfriending them.

Reactions: 1
🤑💰💰 bullshit.

There is no way she makes that much 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
I know someone who’s just started FM. She got made redundant during Covid and so she needs the money. She has a fb/insta page and posts about the products but she’s not pushy and she’s not trying to recruit anyone. With her, I think good luck with it.

Another girl I have on social media posts CONSTANTLY about her “lifestyle” and how much of a boss babe she is, owning her own business and not working for anyone (she does a holiday bookings one). She regularly messages me to find out whether I’m still enjoying my job and whether I’m interested in doing something I love and getting paid for it. She’s very close to being unfollowed!

How do they believe they own their own business when they're just selling a product of someone else. It baffles me🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
I know someone who’s just started FM. She got made redundant during Covid and so she needs the money. She has a fb/insta page and posts about the products but she’s not pushy and she’s not trying to recruit anyone. With her, I think good luck with it.

Another girl I have on social media posts CONSTANTLY about her “lifestyle” and how much of a boss babe she is, owning her own business and not working for anyone (she does a holiday bookings one). She regularly messages me to find out whether I’m still enjoying my job and whether I’m interested in doing something I love and getting paid for it. She’s very close to being unfollowed!
This is how I feel about a colleague of mine. She did lose her job due to COVID (before she got the job at our shop) so for that I say good luck to her. However she’s started posting a lot more about how much she’s earning and how she can work from home with her son...which isn’t strictly true. If people are doing it to just make a bit of extra cash, then I have nothing against that. It’s the people that claim they are making thousands that get me.

Reactions: 2
What is FM? Also which are the holiday ones? I booked a holiday through an "independent consultant" this year (cancelled, of course) and I'm wondering if it was an MLM :eek::eek::eek:

🤑💰💰 bullshit.

30k a month? Never have I heard such rubbish!

• Haha
🤑💰💰 bullshit.

Her best friends sister in law is telling porky pies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
30k a month? Never have I heard such rubbish!
This is what I don’t get. I have someone on my IG saying she makes that but it’s obviously not true so firstly how do they morally feel ok with lying like that and secondly don’t they realise themselves that if they have to lie like this then their job is a scam??

Reactions: 5
Do they give them all a book of lies to post about when they sign up. If I want Jo Malone perfume, I’ll buy Jo Malone perfume. If I want a cheap one, I’ll go to next and get one for a fiver.
The worst ones are the ones who claim it’s got them out of debt when 9 times out of 10 it hasn’t.
I know a girl who recruited a lady with learning difficulties and everyone was raging about it because she had completely taken advantage of this lady

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I went to a DoTerra gathering at a friend's house not realising what it was. Some of the claims were astounding. There was mention of cancer. Not curing but not far off. These people have no knowledge or expertise on what they sell. Case in point: Nicola Wills posting on IG about her top 5 products. I'm into skincare and have done a fair amount of research. It was actually so cringe to watch.

Just checked. The travel consultancy I used isn't listed. Phew.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
A girl I went to school with is selling that Valentus coffee tit. She's constantly posting about her "own business" and how she's on track to a "six figure income". I cringe everytime she posts! It's embarrassing! It's so obvious all of the company testimonials are written by her fellow coffee shifting huns and not actual customers. It does worry me that people are naïve enough to fall for these schemes in a) thinking it will make them lose a substantial amount of weight and b) if they become a seller themselves it will make them a six figure income. It's a joke.
Oh my god. My friend is selling that crap too and she studied to be a NUTRITIONIST at uni. Those products were banned in the UK for a while too.

It’s not a car they get it’s a car loan that they pay for out of their profits.
And if they stop making money then they are left with the debt of it!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A girl I went to school with is selling that Valentus coffee tit. She's constantly posting about her "own business" and how she's on track to a "six figure income". I cringe everytime she posts! It's embarrassing! It's so obvious all of the company testimonials are written by her fellow coffee shifting huns and not actual customers. It does worry me that people are naïve enough to fall for these schemes in a) thinking it will make them lose a substantial amount of weight and b) if they become a seller themselves it will make them a six figure income. It's a joke.
I thought Valentus was illegal in the UK?

Those with large Insta followings are the worst for exfoliation. Lanni loves has a few accounts all with a good following and she's constantly recruiting. She's living the high life and shows it off on Insta making others want the same and sign up. She will them earn off the back of them all the while pretending she's earning loads off the perfumes.

Reactions: 3
Those with large Insta followings are the worst for exfoliation. Lanni loves has a few accounts all with a good following and she's constantly recruiting. She's living the high life and shows it off on Insta making others want the same and sign up. She will them earn off the back of them all the while pretending she's earning loads off the perfumes.
this is what I hate about it, they earn off others and those at the bottom aren’t making hardly any money. Every person they recruit they earn off and I wish the ones they are recruiting could see that and not fall for the lifestyle they all portray to suck people in. I would love to personally know someone doing it and see their bank account to know what these people really earn, the ones who flaunt it and say they are rich off it I always wonder if they really are..and if they are declaring the income. I bet half aren’t! They all seem to register their businesses and then dissolve them on companies house not long after which is very suspicious!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.