MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn‘t call BS an ethical brand. AR stole the idea from a shop in California and they eventually agreed to change their name to Body Time with a £3.5m gagging order. she was not the earth mother she is portrayed as; it was her decision to start the MLM side of the business back in 1994. It was also her decision to sell to I’Oreal. There are lots of green washing tales and some less than ethical practices. As for the MLM side of it, it’s kind of hiding behind its high street presence and this has lead to people signing up, falsely reassured that it’s “not a bad MLM”, but what I’ve found is that people are losing a lot of money and the % of sign ups that lose money are pretty much on track with all the others.
Yeah I was really disappointed when I found out about stealing the idea. I also think since it was sold to L'Oreal it has really changed a lot, one of their principles before was that they didn't make anti-ageing prodducts etc which they now do

Reactions: 3
"Do you want to be your own boss hun ?"
No duck off hun - i've got a proper job.

Its the ones who imply that they have purchased a Range Rover or Merc "all by myself".
No hun ... you've got on a PCP and your husband is paying for it.

There is a MLM platform trying to recruit people to be 'independent travel agents' at the moment. I mean guys, its actually ILLEGAL to go on holiday at the moment, don't try and pretend you're making money. There are big travel brands going bust all the time. Its ALL about recruitment and nothing about the work or the product.

Sorry i've not had a chance to read the whole thread but if you've not seen it, read this article. Its absolutely fascinating and shows the real dark side - the debt and heartbreak these schemes cause to vulnerable women.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Its the ones who imply that they have purchased a Range Rover or Merc "all by myself".

There is a MLM platform trying to recruit people to be 'independent travel agents' at the moment. I mean guys, its actually ILLEGAL to go on holiday at the moment, don't try and pretend you're making money. There are big travel brands going bust all the time. Its ALL about recruitment and nothing about the work or the product.

Sorry i've not had a chance to read the whole thread but if you've not seen it, read this article. Its absolutely fascinating and shows the real dark side - the debt and heartbreak these schemes cause to vulnerable women.
it really shocks me how there seems to be constantly more of these schemes and peopele falling from them now that there is a lot of negative publicity

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know anything about Cloud of Luxe? I follow Jodie Stark on Instagram (she was on Just Tattoo of Us with Charlotte Crosby) and she does it and apparently makes a lot of money. She is on Instagram today saying how it isn’t the same as other MLM like the ones on this morning today....she makes it seem really good and easy, I just wonder what the whole truth is, you know??

Does anyone know anything about Cloud of Luxe? I follow Jodie Stark on Instagram (she was on Just Tattoo of Us with Charlotte Crosby) and she does it and apparently makes a lot of money. She is on Instagram today saying how it isn’t the same as other MLM like the ones on this morning today....she makes it seem really good and easy, I just wonder what the whole truth is, you know??
Jodie Stark is the sole director and stock owner so it’s fairly doubtful that you’d get an unbiased opinion from her.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jodie Stark is the sole director and stock owner so it’s fairly doubtful that you’d get an unbiased opinion from her.
Is she? So it’s her company? I wasn’t quite sure as I don’t really look into all that stuff!

Is she? So it’s her company? I wasn’t quite sure as I don’t really look into all that stuff!
correct, and it was only incorporated in October so I very much doubt shes making profit yet.

Reactions: 2
correct, and it was only incorporated in October so I very much doubt shes making profit yet.

Interesting, defo not made clear on her Instagram I don’t think she was talking about it this morning!! Maybe she can say then it’s not like most MLM’s cause it’s new.

Reactions: 2
One of the huns on my social media moaning about the This Morning segment. I didn’t watch it and neither did she apparently but she still had a rant 🤣

A former colleague just joined one. It's meant to be environmentally friendly cleaning products...not sure if she ever heard of baking soda and vinegar 😂 I text her and she sent on loads of photos of mirrors and random household items. I was so confused! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Same person I follow that was going mad about this morning has today signed a just turned 16 year old as one of her downlines. If that was my daughter getting dragged into an mlm I’d tear her upline a new a-hole!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
There’s a new one on my timeline at the moment. Bombshells or something. It’s skin care in pink packaging. Looks like a five year old has designed it

And its alwayssss a range rover as well isnt it ! They must be low PCP rates these days cos theyre all at it . Kills me !

Are any of you part of an MLM business such as Juice Plus, Herbalife, Nuskin? Do you enjoy it? Do you make real money from it? I constantly see people joining them, then leaving a few months later realising that it doesn’t work u less you have thousands of social media followers to recruit under you.
The people I know who are in these businesses all post the same spiel over and over about how much money they make for basically doing nothing. I saw a post today from a travel MLM, this girl says she is making £20k a month. I find this very hard to believe. Opinions?
Watch anti mlm videos on you tube for real ex-mlm top ranker interviews !

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.