MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watch anti mlm videos on you tube for real ex-mlm top ranker interviews !
Some amazing videos on YouTube! Eye opening. Why anyone would join an mlm is beyond me. If your OK doing lots of work for little money then go for it but these people need to stop with the false claims that you get time and money freedom because its not true.

Reactions: 6
There’s a new one on my timeline at the moment. Bombshells or something. It’s skin care in pink packaging. Looks like a five year old has designed it
Yes I’ve just seen this come up on the local Facebook page. Never seen it before!

The Arbonne lady on my Instagram feed has just announced her pregnancy, which is great for her and her husband, but she’s now claiming Arbonne fizz sticks and powders are great for pregnancy?! Surely she should not be making such claims!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
My friend does bodyshop, and my other friends do those fake perfumes.. I wonder how much they really make :/

Reactions: 2
Who is the Arbonne lady? Can you give a clue? I follow one who recently went to Dubai ... (to look into her fertility options).
She’s just a local woman! She’s not been abroad to be fair to her 😂 I think she’s fairly high up in the company but not so much so that she’s well known.

Reactions: 1
The Arbonne lady on my Instagram feed has just announced her pregnancy, which is great for her and her husband, but she’s now claiming Arbonne fizz sticks and powders are great for pregnancy?! Surely she should not be making such claims!
No idea what fizz sticks and powders are but she definitely shouldn't be making such claims. How would she know if she has only announced her pregnancy? It's so sad that MLM huns are brainwashed to the extent that they're using something like a pregnancy as a selling tool

Lots of instagrammers seem to be doing the perfume MLM lately (the same one that Jodie Stark sells) and claim to make vast earnings from it. SK_SW_journey is another selling it. And My Budget Home

I know of a girl who is currently shilling the FM scents and she has just posted a picture of a ‘fellow hun’ who has qualified for an all inclusive trip to the Maldives...how the f would that even work? Like how do these girls get offered these lavish holidays? I know how the whole car thing works but I’ve always wondered about the trips? Does anyone have any genuine info on how it works?

Reactions: 3
I know of a girl who is currently shilling the FM scents and she has just posted a picture of a ‘fellow hun’ who has qualified for an all inclusive trip to the Maldives...how the f would that even work? Like how do these girls get offered these lavish holidays? I know how the whole car thing works but I’ve always wondered about the trips? Does anyone have any genuine info on how it works?
I know with some mlms in America they end up having to pay for the flights and stuff but will get like the hotel paid for. Duno about some others tho. I honestly just don't know how much to believe. Like with the cars they have to maintain the rank or they will be paying for the car. Its not as straightforward and amazing as they make out.

Reactions: 5
I’ve watched videos (not about FM though) that said only the hotel is covered? So they still have to pay for their own flights/visas/insurance. The expensive bits basically. And it won’t be a holiday, it will be a conference or something where they have to do FM related stuff. I’d be interested if anyone has more info though!

No idea what fizz sticks and powders are but she definitely shouldn't be making such claims. How would she know if she has only announced her pregnancy? It's so sad that MLM huns are brainwashed to the extent that they're using something like a pregnancy as a selling tool
Honestly no clue but it seems so shady that she’s making such claims, when I’m pretty sure there is no proof of them being beneficial to pregnancy at all. Seems very shady to try and appeal to pregnant women. Fizz sticks are little energy powders that you mix with water. They’re basically just flavoured sugar though 😂

Thank you for the replies! I have a feeling it’s very exaggerated and dressed up to seem more than it actually is!
It’s been really irritating me seeing her posts but I also can’t stop reading the absolute bull crap she posts every day! She says the classic mlm line of ‘you already suggest things to your followers everyday on Instagram, you’re just not getting paid for it 😉’ stfu!! That’s not how life works. Just because I’ve posted a picture of my Starbucks I’m not trying to get people to buy one!! So dumb.

I feel this is the most appropriate place to ask...

Approx 5 of my family/friends have begun selling FM Fragrances/make up products in the last year or so and they have been literally flooding my social media with it. I can live with that to be honest, but I have to ask....is this stuff worth buying?
You’ll all know the spiel about it. I would support a small business starting out, but I stick to one or two decent fragrances and don’t want to trade in for a rubbish quality. Have any of you tried this stuff?
There’s always raffles etc going and it crosses my mind to have a go. I don’t know really-don’t want to buy once then get pressured in to buying more, especially when it’s a family member selling it??

Approx 5 of my family/friends have begun selling FM Fragrances/make up products in the last year or so and they have been literally flooding my social media with it. I can live with that to be honest, but I have to ask....is this stuff worth buying?
You’ll all know the spiel about it. I would support a small business starting out, but I stick to one or two decent fragrances and don’t want to trade in for a rubbish quality. Have any of you tried this stuff?
There’s always raffles etc going and it crosses my mind to have a go. I don’t know really-don’t want to buy once then get pressured in to buying more, especially when it’s a family member selling it??
I haven’t tried it, or do I have any intention of buying any of it. I am the same as you, I use a couple of really good quality perfumes. I love them and am often complimented on them, they last well and I really like them. I spend between £30-£50 on a bottle but it lasts for over a year. I think that’s really good value.

It's not supporting a small business. That what annoys me that they've been brainwashed to think it is. It's supporting the brand fm as that's who's getting the majority of the money. They'll be making pennies for a lot of work.

This FM Maldives trip keeps being pushed back. I mean I know it’s probably covid but still makes me wonder if it will ever happen 🤣. As others have said all I can assume is only a small part is paid for by FM and they pay the rest, I do wonder why the huns would say it was an all expenses paid trip in that case though. If I was having to pay my way I’d want to acknowledge that, not give all the glory to FM.

I would say 90% of these women make virtually nothing. The pitch is usually “work from home, work flexible hours, provide for your children“ - the language is very emotive. Its not that easy - I’ve organised enough PTA fairs over the years, and I see these poor women at their stalls flogging Younique, Scentsy, Jewellery, perfume, candles ... whatever it is, it’s usually tat, they make an initial outlay from their own pockets to buy stock that they have to sell. If they don’t sell enough they lose their ‘status’ so some end up buying their own stock. Just get a proper job.

This FM Maldives trip keeps being pushed back. I mean I know it’s probably covid but still makes me wonder if it will ever happen 🤣. As others have said all I can assume is only a small part is paid for by FM and they pay the rest, I do wonder why the huns would say it was an all expenses paid trip in that case though. If I was having to pay my way I’d want to acknowledge that, not give all the glory to FM.
Exactly this is what I was thinking...I’m guessing they want to make out they’re doing soooo well and they’re soooo successful #bossbabe that they would even twist the truth to make it seem like FM is this perfect dream job #sidehustle that pays for dreamy trips away!

It's not supporting a small business. That what annoys me that they've been brainwashed to think it is. It's supporting the brand fm as that's who's getting the majority of the money. They'll be making pennies for a lot of work.
I’m not entirely sure on what their end profit is. I see lots of posts promoting other FM sellers saying they’ve smashed targets etc, however that gives nothing away.
When I say supporting a small business, I mean supporting someone I know (friends/family in my case,) to earn a living through whatever circumstances-admittedly I don’t know enough about it to say whether this is an achievable salary; I guess not.
I think I’ll be steering clear of buying the products.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.