MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of you would enjoy Kiki Chanel on Youtube. She’s very anti MLM and her videos are great. She’s American so some of the companies don’t operate in the UK but the sentiment is the same

Reactions: 7
I
I think a lot of you would enjoy Kiki Chanel on Youtube. She’s very anti MLM and her videos are great. She’s American so some of the companies don’t operate in the UK but the sentiment is the same
I've been binge watching her the last week or so and her videos are great!

Reactions: 2
I

I've been binge watching her the last week or so and her videos are great!
Yeah me too 😂 Once I started I couldn’t stop! I think she’s great cos she takes an objective view on it. She never slates the people for doing it, just the behaviours. She’s great, and I have to say, from what I gather from her videos, the MLM scene seems even more intense over in the US

I think that sounds totally reasonable. I won’t lie I did consider signing up for Body Shop At Home just so I could get the starter kit cos at the time it was only £40 for loads of products 😂 In the end I decided I wouldn’t be able to hack the pressure from the others in the group.

Exactly? I understand wanting to whip up some business but do it when it’s appropriate. Cheap perfume isn’t useful in every situation. I think it’s part of what makes MLMs so annoying to a lot of people
deffo worth it! I’m in groups for it but never participate really but I like being able to afford diff perfumes and I’m the worst at choosing them in a shop so this gives me some ideas!

I follow someone who is a beauty salon owner and is constantly shilling Monat. Constantly goes on how she’s raking it in and to join her team and make yourself a success over lockdown. It’s absolutely disgraceful and it prays on people’s money worries. She has a substantial following so is able to recruit and make the cash but what about the every day joes. It’s inconceivable! She was saying that monat is your own business and with any business there is a start up cost etc etc. Trying to justify paying to join a bloody pyramid scheme!!!

Reactions: 10
I follow someone who is a beauty salon owner and is constantly shilling Monat. Constantly goes on how she’s raking it in and to join her team and make yourself a success over lockdown. It’s absolutely disgraceful and it prays on people’s money worries. She has a substantial following so is able to recruit and make the cash but what about the every day joes. It’s inconceivable! She was saying that monat is your own business and with any business there is a start up cost etc etc. Trying to justify paying to join a bloody pyramid scheme!!!
I joined Monat as I loved the products and wanted to get them cheap! For your start up cost, as with all MLMs, you get a starter kit with products at a hugely discounted price. They do varying sizes and prices. Then I googled Monat. It wasn’t good. It was hard to get out of and they take a monthly fee for your website or something which I didn’t know about. They’re the only one I’ve had a bad experience with.

Reactions: 1
a bit off topic but it’s like my sister who studied for years to become a registered psychologist and sees these people (who get all their info from Google and self help books) calling themselves a mindset coach and lifestyle coach and working with people who have severe issues/trauma which they’re not qualified to do.
Instahun Jessica Avey is one of the worst for that. After her Tropics MLK, travel MLM, and "hormone balancing" tea MLM, she did a short MLM course to become a "coach". She did a Q&A and someone wrote in asking for help on overcoming childhood trauma. She told them to just let go of the past... and sign up for her coaching. 🤬 I feel like so many MLMs prey on the vulnerable, but coaching in particular can really have dangerous consequences.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I joined Monat as I loved the products and wanted to get them cheap! For your start up cost, as with all MLMs, you get a starter kit with products at a hugely discounted price. They do varying sizes and prices. Then I googled Monat. It wasn’t good. It was hard to get out of and they take a monthly fee for your website or something which I didn’t know about. They’re the only one I’ve had a bad experience with.
I can honestly see the appeal as she constantly shows before and after pics of the shampoo but when you dig deeper the reviews are appalling. So many complaints about hair loss!

Reactions: 3
I find MLMs all over social media so annoying. A girl I had on Facebook until recently (knew her from school) was constantly writing posts bragging about her lifestyle and the fact that she has SIX businesses. From what I gathered, one was a part time job and the other five were various MLMs.

She wrote the same crap as everyone else does - working from my phone anytime anywhere, I’m my own boss, making so much money, free holidays, the standard “up at 5am” photo every morning, on a call with 700 other people... it’s all just fake.

Plus, if she’s making so much money why does she need to be doing so many 😂

Reactions: 10
I find MLMs all over social media so annoying. A girl I had on Facebook until recently (knew her from school) was constantly writing posts bragging about her lifestyle and the fact that she has SIX businesses. From what I gathered, one was a part time job and the other five were various MLMs.

She wrote the same crap as everyone else does - working from my phone anytime anywhere, I’m my own boss, making so much money, free holidays, the standard “up at 5am” photo every morning, on a call with 700 other people... it’s all just fake.

That’s what gets me. They aren’t just selling the products, they’re selling a lifestyle. That’s what I have a major issue with. I don’t begrudge people making extra cash, lord knows we all need it. But it’s the lies that go with it. I know some people who do MLMs who are realistic and just do it for extra pocket money and that’s great. But I also know others who claim they’re earning 100s of pounds a week, claiming their company are giving them a car. I had a friend years ago doing Herbalife, he did manage to get a car, but when he left the company, he had to give it back. He didn’t own the car in anyway. It was owned by Herbalife and had their stickers all over it. THAT is what I have an issue with. Putting over this great lifestyle with this great company who gift you things for doing the bare minimum. I can see how some people are hooked into it. If it was that great and that easy, everyone would be doing it.

Reactions: 6
Is that Shelley Booth fitness woman operating an MLM?

I’ve had a few pals on FB who have signed up trying to get me to join. It’s well over £100 a month, so not cheap, and I keep being offered discounts from the friends.

A girl I went to school with is selling that Valentus coffee tit. She's constantly posting about her "own business" and how she's on track to a "six figure income". I cringe everytime she posts! It's embarrassing! It's so obvious all of the company testimonials are written by her fellow coffee shifting huns and not actual customers. It does worry me that people are naïve enough to fall for these schemes in a) thinking it will make them lose a substantial amount of weight and b) if they become a seller themselves it will make them a six figure income. It's a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually have to say I’m sad to say this Cos i only recently started properly watching tayla blue and i like how down to earth she is on stories or seems to be - but the other day she was posting about effin tan as if it was just a product she likes to use (she literally said “if u don’t know about Effin tan you must have been under a rock, I think it’s the only tan to have gone viral ever”) yet it’s made by Effin hair of which she is listed as a company director?
Yeah sad to say it but I didn’t like that. The stories honestly came across like she was so excited to receive her order and I mean you wouldn’t talk about your own product like that going viral would you? Just found it a little dishonest and it does sadden me as I like how relatable she seems otherwise (well apart from her clearly massive income LOL)

Forex trading MLMs were also massive on IG over lockdown LOL there was a point so many people I followed were posting all the same “girl boss” type tit

A girl I went to school with is selling that Valentus coffee tit. She's constantly posting about her "own business" and how she's on track to a "six figure income". I cringe everytime she posts! It's embarrassing! It's so obvious all of the company testimonials are written by her fellow coffee shifting huns and not actual customers. It does worry me that people are naïve enough to fall for these schemes in a) thinking it will make them lose a substantial amount of weight and b) if they become a seller themselves it will make them a six figure income. It's a joke.
This! With the current climate, more people are struggling financially than before, and I feel like a hell of a lot of MLM sellers are leeching off that, whether they mean to or not. I think a lot of people get told what to most and say by their up lines, and just do it, but if you step back, it just looks like they’re attempting to profit of others misfortune. It’s not the sellers that I blame for this, but their up lines and their up lines. I don’t know, maybe I’m looking too far into it, but profiting off others misfortune just doesn’t sit well with me, and it seems to have reached a new level at the moment

Every mlm prick in oz getting excited as fm world has landed there 😅 a notorious mlm i know who moved there is now a fm consultant she has also been a uw & airbonne seller in the uk, these people are now rushing to be top of the pyramid for fm in Australia.. watch out suckers

Reactions: 4
Every mlm prick in oz getting excited as fm world has landed there 😅 a notorious mlm i know who moved there is now a fm consultant she has also been a uw & airbonne seller in the uk, these people are now rushing to be top of the pyramid for fm in Australia.. watch out suckers
My colleague, baring in mind we are in the UK, had been trying to recruit Australians for her down line for ages on Instagram. I do wonder if she had any bites 😂

Reactions: 1

I have a friend who sells Arbonne stuff and is always having 5am zoom meetings....what on earth can they be discussing i have no idea lol.

Anyway she posted a pic on her 'early morning run' cos she had so much energy from this stuff. The ironic thing is its a quiet country lane and you can easily see the cars headlights as I've driven down that road loads of times and its pitch black with no streetlights 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
MLM's, where friends and family are suddenly viewed as prey for sales and the goal is to sign them up and make them your competition for sales. Once an MLM has reached a certain saturation, they rebrand with some new crappy product. I feel so sad for the desperate people falling for it because they need some dosh.

Haven’t got time to read the whole thread but what’s a the deal with the travel scheme? Seems like Everyone’s doing it lately and it’s proper annoying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.