MLM #2 Don’t Try to Recruit Me Boo (Multi level marketing)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve got a local freebie site on Facebook where people can just give away their unwanted bits and bobs, and someone just asked if anyone was giving away any wax melts, and low and behold, it’s MLM sellers who comment. ON A FREE SITE. Their trying to sell their crap on a group that is literally called Free Stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I looked on a local Facebook event meant for an online market event intended to help someone raise money for extra cancer treatments and low and behold I see someone flogging their bloody Body Shop MLM shite!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Nicola Wills is back in the UK now. Despite her claiming they were ‘living abroad’ indefinitely and weren’t on holiday.

This has just appeared on a local freebie site. A thinly veiled way to recruit by the looks of it! I’ve contacted the admin and suggested they make ‘No MLMs’ part of the group rules. When you consider there are a lot of people in financial difficulty in the group, it’s very predatory.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Someone I used to work with quit her job to retrain as an independent travel agent. She started posting all these deals, then came a "business" page. She posts every day from the business page, shares on her personal page, her husband, brother and friends all share and it's total bombardment. I was suspicious (I didn't even realise there were travel MLMs until I read this) and then she started posting how you could join her and she could help you blah blah and sharing images of her online training which is basically how to post oh Facebook! She posts testimonials but they are all her mates. Total MLM Hun behaviour.
She did post one deal for a hotel which looked ok, told my husband, in 10 mins he'd located the hotel and managed to find a much better price. So she is essentially just ripping off all her mates!
At least 5 other people I am friends with are doing Body Shop, 1 Arbonne, 1 Tropic, too many doing FM. I cant take any more!!!!!!!!

Oh and I randomly came across Danniella Westbrook on Insta - she is selling Herbalife!!!

Reactions: 16
If anyone is a real housewives of Cheshire fan, I’ve noticed Tanya has started up a ‘fitness’ page showing her home workouts and ‘diet’- Herbalife. What a suprise 🙄 she’s advertising that women in her group are losing 6lbs in 3 days. Should be illegal.
Promoted again for helping more ladies! No. For sucking more unsuspecting people into the never ending cycle of buying products and then also trying to get others to buy products. Shame on you Tanya.

Also that photo has been photoshopped - you can see a ‘shelf’ on the right just where her hand and hip are.

Reactions: 5
A friend has a friend who sells Scentsy. On Saturday night when people were lighting candles for Sarah Everard, this woman wrote “if you don’t have a candle, you can use your scentsy burner instead” and then used the hashtags #reclaimthestreets #scentsy.

ETA she has just sent me the screenshots. I am almost laughing at how misjudged it is

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
A friend has a friend who sells Scentsy. On Saturday night when people were lighting candles for Sarah Everard, this woman wrote “if you don’t have a candle, you can use your scentsy burner instead” and then used the hashtags #reclaimthestreets #scentsy.

ETA she has just sent me the screenshots. I am almost laughing at how misjudged it is
That’s not ok 🙁

Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen those MLM's on Instagram? I couldn't tell you any names as I deleted my Instagram as I wasn't using it.

They never have to hold any stock at home which baffles me 🤔 you couldn't do Body Shop at home without having their crap lying around your house.

They're always make reference to being SAHM now they're earning soooo much money but before they couldn't be at home but didn't earn enough from their real job, they earn enough to support their husband (so instead of an Instagram husband he'll end up being a MLM husband - but they don't refer to them as this but it's what it reminds me of), they've paid off all their debts (it's usually a huge amount like $100,000 and over) and they always have spaces every month (can't be that great if you've got spaces every month).

Reactions: 2
If anyone is a real housewives of Cheshire fan, I’ve noticed Tanya has started up a ‘fitness’ page showing her home workouts and ‘diet’- Herbalife. What a suprise 🙄 she’s advertising that women in her group are losing 6lbs in 3 days. Should be illegal.
Times must be hard for the the ladies of Cheshire if Tanya B is flogging herbal life!

Promoted again for helping more ladies! No. For sucking more unsuspecting people into the never ending cycle of buying products and then also trying to get others to buy products. Shame on you Tanya.

Also that photo has been photoshopped - you can see a ‘shelf’ on the right just where her hand and hip are.
Her head looks like it’s been cut off and glued on !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Seriously, how misleading is this so-called ‘before & after’ photo?! Totally different pose/posture, different lighting, breathing in on the second one! And really her figure still looks kind of the same?! 🤷🏼‍♀️
A9A2E30A-CC54-4148-861B-D66643FE54D2.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Seriously, how misleading is this so-called ‘before & after’ photo?! Totally different pose/posture, different lighting, breathing in on the second one! And really her figure still looks kind of the same?! 🤷🏼‍♀️View attachment 492669
She just put on some high waisted leggings! Other than that she looks exactly the same! Can’t stand posts like this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The way she’s just pulled her leggings down randomly to take the first picture 😂.
I know, I think MLM huns must coach their customers in how to take these before photos - “yeah slump your shoulders, breathe out and push your knickers to the point where they dig in your hips!” 🤣

• Haha
I know, I think MLM huns must coach their customers in how to take these before photos - “yeah slump your shoulders, breathe out and push your knickers to the point where they dig in your hips!” 🤣
A few of my friends have done similar MLMs and what I noticed is that they often use pictures of other people and not themselves, especially if they're new to the MLM, but then they caption it as if it's them

It's very odd because they must be told to be showing this stuff but it's like... you're not even using it and it's clearly not you???

Reactions: 4
A few of my friends have done similar MLMs and what I noticed is that they often use pictures of other people and not themselves, especially if they're new to the MLM, but then they caption it as if it's them

It's very odd because they must be told to be showing this stuff but it's like... you're not even using it and it's clearly not you???
I’ve seen this so many times. They don’t say it’s them but don’t say it’s not them....if that makes sense. It’s just a load of nonsense and the fact that they’re told to do this and that it’s ‘work’ is laughable! 😂

Reactions: 5