MLM #2 Don’t Try to Recruit Me Boo (Multi level marketing)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I won’t buy body shop anymore because of the MLM thing. So sick of it! If you think MLM is bad here, it’s even worse in America. You can’t breathe for it. Someone tried to sign me up while I was in the queue in bastard Walmart once

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I won’t buy body shop anymore because of the MLM thing. So sick of it! If you think MLM is bad here, it’s even worse in America. You can’t breathe for it. Someone tried to sign me up while I was in the queue in bastard Walmart once
America does seem to have it worse! A lot of the videos I’ve watched are always based in America.

Strange how everyone starts JP single and broke and somehow they all end up on a round the world cruise with their husband and it’s all down to JP😂.

Also from experience can I just say never go to any parties these people do. Woman I worked with used to do Partylite I’d only just started in my job at the time so didn’t want to go but also didn’t want to appear rude and honestly I’ve never felt pressure to buy a pack of tea lights in my life.
Same woman also invited us for a bbq which turned out to be an excuse for her daughter to sell us Arbonne I vividly remember her raving how David Essex’s wife loved the products - didn’t have a clue who David Essex was so meant nothing to me, she then asked us to name our favourite makeup products, another girl and I said MAC and honestly I thought her head was going to start spinning exorcist style she went off on a complete rant how this made us complicit in animal cruelty, did we like the fact animals suffered for our vanity? And how we should switch to Arbonne immediately as their products are so much better and we’d feel better about ourselves.
I went to a colleagues ‘party’ too as she actually asked me in person and I couldn’t say no. Spend the whole night awkward as hell listening to this sales pitch and then awkwardly bought some products just cos everyone else did and I didn’t want to seem rude 😂

Reactions: 3
I’ve just lost all respect for someone on another thread because they said they use Herbalife products 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I remember being in Las Vegas and strolling through the Venetian and someone tried to get me to join one. Get enough of the rubbish at home, I didn’t need it on my holidays too 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Never, ever join one of these pyramid schemes just to get a cheaper bunch of products. Worst thing I have ever done. Not worth it. Literally bombarded! and I feel terrible just blocking them all. Missing zoom meetings, new starter meetings etc... its mental how bad they make you feel. I just feel its too much, are you not supposed to be ''your own boss''. Wish now I had paid full price for the stuff.

Reactions: 15
I don't get the body shop one tbh, especially when the online store exists and from what I understand it's also cheaper or the same price anyway?

Reactions: 13
I’ve just remembered that I was approached by a hun in Florida. I was on international drive, and she wanted to give me a ‘free’ goodie bag as long as I signed up and attended an event later that evening. No thank you, I was going to Disney World 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Urgh as anticipated the girl I know is officially a Herbalife rep now. Patiently awaiting my inbox 😂 I’ve just had a proper good laugh at how expensive the tit is.

The receptionist at one of my client sites sells Arbonne and has the darned stuff sitting on the counter, along with her price lists!

Every time I go in there she'll compliment me on my skin or whatever lipstick shade I'm wearing, then do the sales pitch ... "Yours looks nice but I'm thinking this one will suit you soooo much better!"

So unprofessional.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Does anyone else follow Juicy Dani on Instagram? She’s very high up in one of the MLMs, you can probably guess which one from her Instagram name!
I have fallen down the rabbit hole of her page before! She’s pure tack, isn’t she?

I recently read an article about a woman who escaped from a well known cult and has, in many ways, had a terrible life (which included violence and abuse within the cult, poverty and an abusive marriage and other things.) She is now supporting young children by herself and the article ended by saying that she "works" selling an MLM's products as if this is a good thing ... no, no it's not ...

I've known two people involved in MLMs. One is an occasional Herbalife seller who's a single mum of two teenagers and a primary schooler. She had her children very young, had a couple of abusive or volatile relationships and didn't have much income - she's intermittently worked as a TA and a mobile beautician but neither of these is always a reliable source of income. The other is a former classmate who left school straight after her A-Levels to convert to Islam and marry an older guy which was a shock to all of us. She and her husband believe it is against their religion for women to work outside the home so she sells Neal's Yard Remedies products via their MLM scheme. I'm quite disappointed, I like Neal's Yard. She had a quite aggressive social media drive for people to buy from her. No, I won't, I will go to the shop

• Sad
I hadn’t heard of Juice plus before reading the un jaded jade thread, her dad is super high up in corporate and very ick in the classic MLM way 😆 is it juices or powder supplements similar to Herbalife?

Reactions: 1
Someone was asking for part time work earlier on our local community page, and I was so proud to see at the end she said ‘no BodyShop or FM World type stuff please, I want an actual job’ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just noticed that Vicky Pattison is involved in that travel MLM. Loads of posts about joining her team but hardly any information about actual holidays or how to book them. How does someone with a following of her size get away with promoting this tit?

1615200810793.jpeg

1615200840656.jpeg

1615200860070.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I always find it shady when people with such large platforms start trying to sign people up. It’s predatory, they know fans and followers will trust them and will get caught up in it. And these people have nothing to worry about, they’ll make money off it but their followers with no influence over anyone won’t.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I always find it shady when people with such large platforms start trying to sign people up. It’s predatory, they know fans and followers will trust them and will get caught up in it. And these people have nothing to worry about, they’ll make money off it but their followers with no influence over anyone won’t.
Yeah they know people will see it as a chance to get closer to a ‘celeb’ and be their friend but all they are to her is ££££

Yeah they know people will see it as a chance to get closer to a ‘celeb’ and be their friend but all they are to her is ££££
Exactly that. And with the promise of making friends and money, if you’re at a vulnerable stage in your life, you’d want to do it

Reactions: 5