MLM #2 Don’t Try to Recruit Me Boo (Multi level marketing)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mentioned this on the last thread but the girl who I went to school with who is the CEO of 'Business Bombshells' is also trying to turn herself into the next Alex Light posting a million body positivity posts and the comments about how much of a beautiful, inspirational woman she is really wind me up, I'm like yes great I'm all for feeling good about yourself but she's not a nice person, she's a narcissist who has very cannily broken away from Juice Plus to start her own bullshit MLM and be top of the pyramid exploiting thousands of women. She was doing Juice Plus for years and was very high up, remember her messaging me when I was like 18/19 and thinking what the actual duck, you're really scraping the barrel here, she was one of the 'mean girls' at school and I was very alternative, she used to look down her nose at me! It annoys me how such nasty ass people do so well for themselves, there is no justice sometimes 😂
Is that the one with initials SLH? I follow some of them out of sheer nosiness because a friend who started JP kept trying to recruit me a few years ago, and told me some names to follow for ‘inspiration’ 🤣 It’s interesting to see how many of them swap companies every so often though, even if they were boasting how greats products were only a few weeks before!

Reactions: 2
Is that the one with initials SLH? I follow some of them out of sheer nosiness because a friend who started JP kept trying to recruit me a few years ago, and told me some names to follow for ‘inspiration’ 🤣 It’s interesting to see how many of them swap companies every so often though, even if they were boasting how greats products were only a few weeks before!
Yep that’s her! She spouts so much rubbish. The funny thing is if you type Business Bombshells into YouTube, more anti MLM videos come up than their actual promo stuff 😂 hers is particularly predatory though, it needs shutting down ASAP.

Reactions: 3
I feel like I should be sat with a bag of popcorn watching the drama on my local selling site. Someone trying to recruit and this guy just posts some anti mlm post and the mlm women are kicking off. It’s slander! It’s DEFORMATION. (I don’t have the heart to tell her it’s defamation) and she will have him charged. It’s gold!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I feel like I should be sat with a bag of popcorn watching the drama on my local selling site. Someone trying to recruit and this guy just posts some anti mlm post and the mlm women are kicking off. It’s slander! It’s DEFORMATION. (I don’t have the heart to tell her it’s defamation) and she will have him charged. It’s gold!!!
Screen shots!? Can we see!

Reactions: 1
All throughout lockdown I’ve posted throwback holiday pics and pictures from when I’ve been travelling on Instagram. Not really knowing much about MLMs at the time some completely random girl direct messaged me asking about some of the places I’d visited.

I genuinely thought she was interested in Madrid and wanted recommendations for a future trip. Oh how wrong was I :ROFLMAO: To cut a long story short she ended up “recruiting” me to a travel MLM scheme, at the time I was curious at how I could possibly “own my own travel business from my iPhone”. I was added to a Facebook group which had over 50K people in it.

Once added we were under strict instructions to immediately message the admins with the name of the person who recruited you and we were given links to videos to watch for the next set of “instructions”. I got full on CULT vibes from the first 2 minutes. Luckily I am a key worker and not short on money so I quickly left the group and blocked all the admins as fast as I could.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
All throughout lockdown I’ve posted throwback holiday pics and pictures from when I’ve been travelling on Instagram. Not really knowing much about MLMs at the time some completely random girl direct messaged me asking about some of the places I’d visited.

I genuinely thought she was interested in Madrid and wanted recommendations for a future trip. Oh how wrong was I :ROFLMAO: To cut a long story short she ended up “recruiting” me to a travel MLM scheme, at the time I was curious at how I could possibly “own my own travel business from my iPhone”. I was added to a Facebook group which had over 50K people in it.

Once added we were under strict instructions to immediately message the admins with the name of the person who recruited you and we were given links to videos to watch for the next set of “instructions”. I got full on CULT vibes from the first 2 minutes. Luckily I am a key worker and not short on money so I quickly left the group and blocked all the admins as fast as I could.
Okay I have been doing exactly the same and this sounds like exactly the same person that approached me. I was posting pics of my trip to Japan in 2019 and she pretended to be interested and wanted tips on where to go, then hit we with the business opportunity. Genuinely sounds like the exact same person.

Reactions: 5
Okay I have been doing exactly the same and this sounds like exactly the same person that approached me. I was posting pics of my trip to Japan in 2019 and she pretended to be interested and wanted tips on where to go, then hit we with the business opportunity. Genuinely sounds like the exact same person.
Its either the same girl or they are all given a script and inbox every single person from searching travel hashtags. I know all the red flag messages now :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
They will be given a script. Its crazy. I can see how people get sucked in
She didn’t even do it all in one day. She was talking away to me for weeks as if she was planning a trip to Japan. On and off but it went on for about 3 weeks. And then out of no where the sales pitch. I felt a bit stupid for falling for it to be honest. But this just proves they all just read a script!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She didn’t even do it all in one day. She was talking away to me for weeks as if she was planning a trip to Japan. On and off but it went on for about 3 weeks. And then out of no where the sales pitch. I felt a bit stupid for falling for it to be honest. But this just proves they all just read a script!
Same with me! Days and days of asking questions and showing actual interest in my trips I honestly thought “aw this girl seems so nice I’ll definitely tell her all the best bars/restaurants to visit etc etc” and then mentioning things like, do you like travelling a lot? it’d be great to travel for a living and own a business wouldn’t it? They are very clever and manipulative. It’s quite creepy as it’s obvious the nice and curious persona they have is all fake.

Reactions: 6
Same with me! Days and days of asking questions and showing actual interest in my trips I honestly thought “aw this girl seems so nice I’ll definitely tell her all the best bars/restaurants to visit etc etc” and then mentioning things like, do you like travelling a lot? it’d be great to travel for a living and own a business wouldn’t it? They are very clever and manipulative. It’s quite creepy as it’s obvious the nice and curious persona they have is all fake.
This is pretty much a form of forming. It used to be questions on your family, occupation, interests and recreation (? I think?). It seems like it may have been modified to be based on someone's interest of travelling or something of the like instead. It's crazy how cunning people who created the tactic probably are - that or I'm just very dumb.

Reactions: 3
Exactly. Honestly this is so funny that we’ve had exactly the same experience 😂 I thought she was nice and genuinely wanted some tips on planning a trip.

Reactions: 1
There’s folk I follow on social media that I either went to school with or are in the local area and the whole reason I follow them is to see what shite they’re posting each day. I think the most infuriating people I’ve come across are the juice plus reps, but Arbonne is also exhausting 🙄.

The folk who do tropic or the body shop seem fine though imo. I mean I’d still never buy from a mlm but at least they’re not trying to push it down my throat about recruiting me and instead actually focus on the products they’re selling.

So the juice plus business woman on my fb put up a status that it's her juice pay day & asked what others were spending their pay on. Someone has paid for a holiday apparently. Being up with a baby that is only sleeping while being held tonight, I checked out some of the people who replied profiles. They had all asked the same question! Same ones replying in each others post. Why not just ask in a group chat if you are all that interested

My niece got herself roped into the perfume MLM just before xmas. I posted on her wall (politely) pointing out that it was a massive scam and a legalised pyramid scheme. I got blocked and deleted for my troubles - turns out that her upline had told her to do this.
Oh well, i just hope she doesn't lose too much money or friends over this.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
My niece got herself roped into the perfume MLM just before xmas. I posted on her wall (politely) pointing out that it was a massive scam and a legalised pyramid scheme. I got blocked and deleted for my troubles - turns out that her upline had told her to do this.
That makes me pretty angry, it’s cult like!

Reactions: 7
That makes me pretty angry, it’s cult like!
Cult is a very good description. Other people in the thread have mentioned how the prey on people with low self-esteem or mental health issues and I can also see that as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hate that MLM. It seems to be the MLM of choice at the moment. I can’t see how anyone makes money from it. The girls I know who do it only ever sell to family and friends, can’t be making that much.

Reactions: 10
So the juice plus business woman on my fb put up a status that it's her juice pay day & asked what others were spending their pay on. Someone has paid for a holiday apparently. Being up with a baby that is only sleeping while being held tonight, I checked out some of the people who replied profiles. They had all asked the same question! Same ones replying in each others post. Why not just ask in a group chat if you are all that interested
Because it’s a marketing tactic. Imagine yourself getting the money to go on holiday all from sitting at home?!
obviously works best if you’re not aware of MLMs

Reactions: 6