MLM #2 Don’t Try to Recruit Me Boo (Multi level marketing)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys please don't hate me but I signed up to Body shop at home!! - But hear me out..

It was £49 for my starter kit but everything in it is worth over £200 apparently, I do use a lot of bodyshop stuff and I will genuinely use it all, so I am saving money whist trying a few diff ranges in the stuff I normally get. I do not intend to sell or a be a rep of any kind, I will see though if my mum wants anything while I still have access to the discount. I didn't go through my friend who sells it, I went through some regional manager thing on Saturday and I know I have ultimately paid into the whole pyramid scheme but I am happy with the stuff I am getting for half the price it would normally cost. They won't get another penny out of me and surely they won't make any money as I intend to go no further with the whole thing?..

I will say though its been 3 days and I have been added to 4 different whatsapp groups, 3 different facebook groups and 3/4 different facebook group message chats. It is like a cult. Some of the groups talk about their 'shiny cars' and they literally use those words. They share what promotions to have, when its best to engage with your customers on the page you set up etc, which by the way I haven't done but they keep contacting me and asking why I haven't yet. I feel totally bombarded and its very over whelming! Some of the woman seem lovely but it just seems too much and I can't tell if they are genuinely lovely or if its all part of the act. in one of the videos I actually watched along with my partner, he couldn't stop laughing, they mentioned how doing this as a side job soon overtakes your actual job which I think is mental. I have had to mute the 5 or 6 woman that are contacting me and there is a zoom meeting on Thursday night at 7pm which obviously I won't be attending :cautious: waiting for my products to arrive then I will be leaving the groups and saying ciao.
Who would’ve thought a £49 starter kit would lead you to a “shiny car”? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Who would’ve thought a £49 starter kit would lead you to a “shiny car”? 😆
They are regional managers or something, load of shite! :ROFLMAO: You get a car allowance of £500 which goes up to £750 after you progress to regional manager or something, they do explain it but it seems absolutely ridiculous, majority of people selling will get nowhere near that.. Honestly though its the people who fall for it I feel so sorry for, they all say the right things and lots of positive quotes, 'managers' pretending to be your best mate etc.. I can't get over how bad it really is.

You have to make a certain amount of sales to grow your kit, so after £150 worth of sales you receive another product for it, £400 of sales something else, and you go up a level.. something along them lines anyway. It has really put me off bodyshop now haha but i do like their stuff so once they take my discount away, in the future i will just buy direct through the website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I have lots of screenshots which I will share end of the week when I leave the groups as I don't want them to read here and figure out who I am then remove me beforehand, It is so full on, I can't actually believe it, i thought I would get left to my own devices but no such luck. I guess if you wanted to actually sell it, it might be quite good as you obviously get lots of help and support, But for me it would just be totally overwhelming.
Oooo let us know how you get on!

Reactions: 3
They are regional managers or something, load of shite! :ROFLMAO: You get a car allowance of £500 which goes up to £750 after you progress to regional manager or something, they do explain it but it seems absolutely ridiculous, majority of people selling will get nowhere near that.. Honestly though its the people who fall for it I feel so sorry for, they all say the right things and lots of positive quotes, 'managers' pretending to be your best mate etc.. I can't get over how bad it really is.

You have to make a certain amount of sales to grow your kit, so after £150 worth of sales you receive another product for it, £400 of sales something else, and you go up a level.. something along them lines anyway. It has really put me off bodyshop now haha but i do like their stuff so once they take my discount away, in the future i will just buy direct through the website.
I do wonder if any of the regional managers are the one I know! She’s always banging on when I see her about a £20 grand bonus here and a car allowance there. Since she has been doing it, despite what she says on Insta about how amazing she feels, she has piled on weight and looks totally exhausted. All the ‘free holidays’ are non stop work apparently too.

Reactions: 5
I do wonder if any of the regional managers are the one I know! She’s always banging on when I see her about a £20 grand bonus here and a car allowance there. Since she has been doing it, despite what she says on Insta about how amazing she feels, she has piled on weight and looks totally exhausted. All the ‘free holidays’ are non stop work apparently too.
No wonder she looks exhausted as they honestly don't stop bombarding you with messages! I can't even say which one is the regional manager or if they all are, i have been contacted by so many and placed in so many groups that I don't know who is who. I would say these regional managers get their balls busted to constantly be on at their reps and pushing them. I think the fact they try to really sell it to you proves its all crap.

Reactions: 7
No wonder she looks exhausted as they honestly don't stop bombarding you with messages! I can't even say which one is the regional manager or if they all are, i have been contacted by so many and placed in so many groups that I don't know who is who. I would say these regional managers get their balls busted to constantly be on at their reps and pushing them. I think the fact they try to really sell it to you proves its all crap.
The lady who was my friends upline, and did her first ‘party’ with her to ‘mentor’ her, said she was an regional manager and was on £400000 a year, which, while it’s a modest claim compared to most, was most definitely a lie 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The lady who was my friends upline, and did her first ‘party’ with her to ‘mentor’ her, said she was an regional manager and was on £400000 a year, which, while it’s a modest claim compared to most, was most definitely a lie 😂
The fact they need to mention the earnings, the bonus’, cars, perks etc so much should definitely speak volumes in the fact it’s all crap 😂 you would seriously need to shift some amount of stock/recruit a serious number of people...I can’t get over how bad it is😃

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The fact they need to mention the earnings, the bonus’, cars, perks etc so much should definitely speak volumes in the fact it’s all crap 😂 you would seriously need to shift some amount of stock/recruit a serious number of people...I can’t get over how bad it is😃
Exactly! Think how many tubs of body butter they’d have to shift! And what other job do you boast about how much you earn?

Reactions: 6
Does anyone else follow Juicy Dani on Instagram? She’s very high up in one of the MLMs, you can probably guess which one from her Instagram name!

Reactions: 2
Exactly! Think how many tubs of body butter they’d have to shift! And what other job do you boast about how much you earn?
Body shop stuff lasts for ages too so it’s not like you need to be buying stuff constantly, I just don’t get how it’s doable. I just feel sorry for those that actually believe it all.
Although, I’ve seen on my friends page this one girl who buys absolutely everything that’s posted about from yogurts to lip gloss to drops of youth to drops of light... she just keeps telling her to put one of this and one of that onto her orders and I’m reading it thinking holy duck how are you not skint 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Body shop stuff lasts for ages too so it’s not like you need to be buying stuff constantly, I just don’t get how it’s doable. I just feel sorry for those that actually believe it all.
Although, I’ve seen on my friends page this one girl who buys absolutely everything that’s posted about from yogurts to lip gloss to drops of youth to drops of light... she just keeps telling her to put one of this and one of that onto her orders and I’m reading it thinking holy duck how are you not skint 😂
Christ 😂😂 Body Shop isn’t exactly cheap either 😂😂 when I attended my friends party I felt awkward not buying anything so ended up buying a hemp hand cream and a body yogurt 😂 but yeah I don’t see how it’s doable, I get that a lot of people might sell a fair but in their first couple of months, but even friends and family will lose interest after a while

• Haha
Chantelle from big brother sells Body Shop on her Instagram. She got promoted recently. What a platform to do MLM. How many women will buy from someone with a blue tick or a public forum.

I work in sales and had an MLM person I know trying to recruit me to FM world in the summer when I was round at a mutual friend’s barbecue. She was asking how much I earn (totally unacceptable question to ask anyone under any circumstances) so I just told her I get a basic and then percentage of commission, she was like ‘only x%?????? With FM you get 25% commission!!!!’ I was like yes, but I don’t have any financial input, I just get commission on what I sell, shipped to customers by the company I am employed by, end of 😂 it’s like you know, an actual legit job with a salary and everything 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I work in sales and had an MLM person I know trying to recruit me to FM world in the summer when I was round at a mutual friend’s barbecue. She was asking how much I earn (totally unacceptable question to ask anyone under any circumstances) so I just told her I get a basic and then percentage of commission, she was like ‘only x%?????? With FM you get 25% commission!!!!’ I was like yes, but I don’t have any financial input, I just get commission on what I sell, shipped to customers by the company I am employed by, end of 😂 it’s like you know, an actual legit job with a salary and everything 🤪
Asking people what they earn is just so out of order! I get so mad when people brag about how much they earn, it’s just so vulgar and makes them seem so shallow.

Reactions: 15
I wouldn’t dream of asking even friends or family what they earn, never mind a stranger. Why does anyone else need to know? It’s bizzare. I’m guessing my friends earn a lot more than me as they are ‘professionals’ so to speak and I’m admin however I’d never ask them what they earn and they’d never ask me either. Quite frankly, what someone earns doesn’t make them a better or worse person. I don’t know who these MLM huns think they are.

Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t dream of asking even friends or family what they earn, never mind a stranger. Why does anyone else need to know? It’s bizzare. I’m guessing my friends earn a lot more than me as they are ‘professionals’ so to speak and I’m admin however I’d never ask them what they earn and they’d never ask me either. Quite frankly, what someone earns doesn’t make them a better or worse person. I don’t know who these MLM huns think they are.
Exactly! It makes me feel so icky. Don’t know why they join an MLM and think it entitles them to know about everyone else’s finances, and force their own on other people 😂😂

Reactions: 8
I thought Juice Plus had died a death and had been taken over by Body Shop at Home and that Lumi Spa thing but no I’m constantly getting “Hello honey hope you’re doing well I’m just wondering if you’ve heard of Juice Plus” messages I don’t care if they’re less than the price of takeaway coffee a day I’m not buying appetite suppressants off the girl who called me a slag in school it was fifteen years ago but I hold a grudge.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I thought Juice Plus had died a death and had been taken over by Body Shop at Home and that Lumi Spa thing but no I’m constantly getting “Hello honey hope you’re doing well I’m just wondering if you’ve heard of Juice Plus” messages I don’t care if they’re less than the price of takeaway coffee a day I’m not buying appetite suppressants off the girl who called me a slag in school it was fifteen years ago but I hold a grudge.
I find more Huns are doing Juice Plus than any of the other MLMs; lots of fake designer bags in their insta pics!

Reactions: 9
I find more Huns are doing Juice Plus than any of the other MLMs; lots of fake designer bags in their insta pics!
Strange how everyone starts JP single and broke and somehow they all end up on a round the world cruise with their husband and it’s all down to JP😂.

Also from experience can I just say never go to any parties these people do. Woman I worked with used to do Partylite I’d only just started in my job at the time so didn’t want to go but also didn’t want to appear rude and honestly I’ve never felt pressure to buy a pack of tea lights in my life.
Same woman also invited us for a bbq which turned out to be an excuse for her daughter to sell us Arbonne I vividly remember her raving how David Essex’s wife loved the products - didn’t have a clue who David Essex was so meant nothing to me, she then asked us to name our favourite makeup products, another girl and I said MAC and honestly I thought her head was going to start spinning exorcist style she went off on a complete rant how this made us complicit in animal cruelty, did we like the fact animals suffered for our vanity? And how we should switch to Arbonne immediately as their products are so much better and we’d feel better about ourselves.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12