MLM #2 Don’t Try to Recruit Me Boo (Multi level marketing)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Thanks to @emilynxlan for the thread title 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Ah - my first Tattle title! 🙌🏻

Yesterday I saw an MLM taking advantage of someone vulnerable for the first time. I use an app called Goodwall to find career and educational opportunities. There's a chat feature and I'm in different groups with people from all over the world.

A new member joined one of the chats and explained her situation. After looking at her profile, I found out she was part of Limelife by Alcone. She later explained how she needs to know how to sell "her" products and how to attract more customers. I heard of Limelife before through FatheringAutism threads and know of the lies/deception used by its "representatives". I don't know that much about this person and what experience they've had with the company, but I feel like a HunBot recruited her with the idea that this is going to help transform her life, but so far she's not seeing any of the benefits.

I remembered how one of my old classmate's mum is part of Scentsy - she had the big car, contact information on how to work under her, and I'm pretty sure they always went abroad on fancy holidays pre-COVID (I don't follow them on social medias). Now I'm wondering how much of that is just a false reality so many of these MLMs are selling, especially coming from the background we pretty much all are? It always seemed too good to be true and I'm probably right on that one.

Reactions: 5
A vast amount of people on my friends list on FB seem to now be selling Tropic skincare products. Which is fine, the products are nice enough. However I’m sick of getting PMs sent to me asking me to buy stuff. The products are expensive and in any case if loads of friends are trying to sell something to me I can’t buy from one and not the others especially as they all tag customers to let them know their orders are on their way.

Reactions: 13
A vast amount of people on my friends list on FB seem to now be selling Tropic skincare products. Which is fine, the products are nice enough. However I’m sick of getting PMs sent to me asking me to buy stuff. The products are expensive and in any case if loads of friends are trying to sell something to me I can’t buy from one and not the others especially as they all tag customers to let them know their orders are on their way.
Yesss a friend from school has just started this. I’m not particularly close to her anymore but we are Facebook friends and she’s constantly inviting me to her ‘business’ Facebook group. I keep declining and she keeps trying. She does live streams every other night too putting face masks on. It doesn’t bother me a massively as I just don’t get involved with any of it, but what does bother me is she’s now trying to be some skincare expert.

Reactions: 13
I was a Forever living rep 5 years ago - they got me at a really vulnerable time in my life, single mum, PND and in loads of debt and I generally believed I was going to be earning a 6 figure income one day with it. The amount of messages I was told to send (all copy and paste!) desperately trying to recruit was horrific, spamming like crazy. I scraped my way to their first promotion (supervisor) by spending £150 (which I couldn't afford) on products for myself! I did everything I was told, missing family events to do presentations for my teams friends and family etc, I was up at 6am everyday doing 'mindset training'. I was told to go to the car garage and test drive my dream car, so I did (Range rover - obv lol. Still my dream car though tbf!) I did all the ridiculous 'I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS MONTH!' posts and how I loved my commute to my office - downstairs in my PJ's (vom). I went to every success day, every training event (all cost me money and time away from my daughter) and I hosted business presentations once a week at one of their product centres, having to get babysitter. I generally worked my arse off. This was for nearly 2 years and my biggest pay I ever received in 1 month was £200. When I eventually said enough was enough I can't do it anymore, I was told my mindset was bad and I didn't obviously want it bad enough. I feel sick thinking back to what I was like, and no idea how I kept all my friends lol!
Just had an influx of messages on IG about joining Valentis or something - seems to be some sort of weight loss coffee! Apparently it's new to the UK so I can 'take the UK by storm'. I'm good thanks

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I mentioned this on the last thread but the girl who I went to school with who is the CEO of 'Business Bombshells' is also trying to turn herself into the next Alex Light posting a million body positivity posts and the comments about how much of a beautiful, inspirational woman she is really wind me up, I'm like yes great I'm all for feeling good about yourself but she's not a nice person, she's a narcissist who has very cannily broken away from Juice Plus to start her own bullshit MLM and be top of the pyramid exploiting thousands of women. She was doing Juice Plus for years and was very high up, remember her messaging me when I was like 18/19 and thinking what the actual duck, you're really scraping the barrel here, she was one of the 'mean girls' at school and I was very alternative, she used to look down her nose at me! It annoys me how such nasty ass people do so well for themselves, there is no justice sometimes 😂

Reactions: 25
I still can't get over when one of the JP huns messaged me just after I came out of hospital after having my heart attack and being really ill and when my relationship had then broken down being like hey hun your looking really great. I thought wtf no I am not. I look the worst I have ever been! I never even replied. This was the same hun who fired me from a job because I didn't want to join her team!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Something I found all about my school pal's MLM if anyone's interested 😂

I would just like to add before all the BoPo stuff she was absolutely tiny and all 'nothing tastes better than skinny feels' and 'you could look like me too if you took these Juice Plus pills!' the scar is from when she donated one of her kidneys to her nephew(?) which of course is an incredible thing to do, however it was splashed all over the local/national news just y'know, so everyone knows what an amazing person she is. Just in case you hadn't sussed, I don't like her 😂😂

ETA her summary at the end basically sums up my opinion of her with a lot less swear words than mine would have :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I saw something on TIKTOK that said Only Fans was a MLM, can anyone shed light on this? I think a post recently went viral of a 19yo Only Fans creator had bought her own house (maybe flat, can't remember) off of the money she made through only fans, it sparked a lot of posts asking about the nature of OF as apparently you're encouraged to "recruit" people and gather subscribers in the same way you are for a MLM scheme...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I saw something on TIKTOK that said Only Fans was a MLM, can anyone shed light on this? I think a post recently went viral of a 19yo Only Fans creator had bought her own house (maybe flat, can't remember) off of the money she made through only fans, it sparked a lot of posts asking about the nature of OF as apparently you're encouraged to "recruit" people and gather subscribers in the same way you are for a MLM scheme...
I’m not on Only Fans but I think you get a personal link and if someone signs up using your link you get a percentage of what they earn? I’m not 100% sure but I read that

I’m not on Only Fans but I think you get a personal link and if someone signs up using your link you get a percentage of what they earn? I’m not 100% sure but I read that
I remember reading into this a while back as a girl nearby seemed to be making quite a bit of money from it. She was often sharing that you could sign up "under her" and she would share her tips and promote you to all of her Instagram/twitter followers - but only if you had signed up with her, not if you already had a page or used someone else. Once or twice she shared all the benefits of signing with her (came across very MLM) such as promoting you, advice on how to gain subscriptions, advice on how to talk to people, help with what pictures to take and poses. And I'm sure she said briefly that she would recieve a small amount of your earnings. I already knew quite a bit about MLM's by this point and it didn't sit right with me that you profit from someone else's page.
I guess it's not your typical spend a few hundred to "create your own business" MLM, so it probably depends on how you look at it if you consider it one or not.

I remember reading into this a while back as a girl nearby seemed to be making quite a bit of money from it. She was often sharing that you could sign up "under her" and she would share her tips and promote you to all of her Instagram/twitter followers - but only if you had signed up with her, not if you already had a page or used someone else. Once or twice she shared all the benefits of signing with her (came across very MLM) such as promoting you, advice on how to gain subscriptions, advice on how to talk to people, help with what pictures to take and poses. And I'm sure she said briefly that she would recieve a small amount of your earnings. I already knew quite a bit about MLM's by this point and it didn't sit right with me that you profit from someone else's page.
I guess it's not your typical spend a few hundred to "create your own business" MLM, so it probably depends on how you look at it if you consider it one or not.
I think they’ve definitely got the idea from the traditional MLMs. What other business model do you had over a portion of your earnings to the person above you 😂 I can’t think of one anyway. But yeah, I can understand why people might do it, especially if it’s someone success and they promise to promote you and help you. It must be a bit crap though to have someone take some of your earnings that you’ve worked so hard to get

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I seem to be a prime target for MLM huns because I work in sales. Actual, legitimate sales selling actual products to actual customers who have actual businesses. They're always like 'ohhh but you are just right for this job hun you're already in sales I don't see why you wouldn't want a side hustle' :rolleyes: I'm like, because I'm a decent human being with a stable, decent job and I wouldn't touch any MLM with a barge pole?

Update on the girl who was doing a Herbalife 'challenge'. Is now waxing lyrical about her weight loss, sharing before and after pics which don't look any different, writing essays about how amazing Herbalife is, wrote 'it's not a diet, it's a nutritional lifestyle' (what does that even mean?! 😂) it all looks copied and pasted and not how she usually writes. She has bought ten starter packs apparently to the value of £10 each and is giving them away for free to willing participants... it's unclear if she's signed up as a distributor already but it's looking that way. I actually can't believe she's got sucked into this tit, she is an intelligent woman with a professional job. Kind of sat here waiting to watch the car crash. They are fairly well off so I don't feel as awful watching as when I know it's girls who live off universal credit who have probably got some dodgy loan out to buy starter kits. Just hope she realises soon before she's too deep in the hole if she has signed up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I've got a fb friend who does juice plus, inspiring quotes ever morning, doing lives (I've never actually watched them), posting about 10 times a day. When I knew her, she would have made fun of people who did it. She'll put up posts like "I'm looking for 10 ladies wanting to loose weight in a month", nobody ever comments, they might pm her of course but theres never evidence of people buying from her. Oh that's a lie actually, a couple days ago she thanked two people for their orders....her sister & nephew. It makes me cringe. There will be posts of people showing off their results but they aren't people she knows. She goes on about working on "her business" (usually in bed or while watching TV, how great!), but its not her business, and how shoving a few fb posts is work is beyond me. All Her Posts Are Written With A Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word which I noticed a few other mlm folk do to. I can't see how shes making money from it, it's just so she doesn't have to go get a real job

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I mentioned this on the last thread but the girl who I went to school with who is the CEO of 'Business Bombshells' is also trying to turn herself into the next Alex Light posting a million body positivity posts and the comments about how much of a beautiful, inspirational woman she is really wind me up, I'm like yes great I'm all for feeling good about yourself but she's not a nice person, she's a narcissist who has very cannily broken away from Juice Plus to start her own bullshit MLM and be top of the pyramid exploiting thousands of women. She was doing Juice Plus for years and was very high up, remember her messaging me when I was like 18/19 and thinking what the actual duck, you're really scraping the barrel here, she was one of the 'mean girls' at school and I was very alternative, she used to look down her nose at me! It annoys me how such nasty ass people do so well for themselves, there is no justice sometimes 😂
There’s a couple of ‘business bombshells’ on my facebook. Tacky packaged skin care?

Reactions: 3
There’s a couple of ‘business bombshells’ on my facebook. Tacky packaged skin care?
Yep that’s the one! Apparently horrible quality and £125 for the starter kit if you sign up, then £10 a month to retain your status as a bombshell 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Guys please don't hate me but I signed up to Body shop at home!! - But hear me out..

It was £49 for my starter kit but everything in it is worth over £200 apparently, I do use a lot of bodyshop stuff and I will genuinely use it all, so I am saving money whist trying a few diff ranges in the stuff I normally get. I do not intend to sell or a be a rep of any kind, I will see though if my mum wants anything while I still have access to the discount. I didn't go through my friend who sells it, I went through some regional manager thing on Saturday and I know I have ultimately paid into the whole pyramid scheme but I am happy with the stuff I am getting for half the price it would normally cost. They won't get another penny out of me and surely they won't make any money as I intend to go no further with the whole thing?..

I will say though its been 3 days and I have been added to 4 different whatsapp groups, 3 different facebook groups and 3/4 different facebook group message chats. It is like a cult. Some of the groups talk about their 'shiny cars' and they literally use those words. They share what promotions to have, when its best to engage with your customers on the page you set up etc, which by the way I haven't done but they keep contacting me and asking why I haven't yet. I feel totally bombarded and its very over whelming! Some of the woman seem lovely but it just seems too much and I can't tell if they are genuinely lovely or if its all part of the act. in one of the videos I actually watched along with my partner, he couldn't stop laughing, they mentioned how doing this as a side job soon overtakes your actual job which I think is mental. I have had to mute the 5 or 6 woman that are contacting me and there is a zoom meeting on Thursday night at 7pm which obviously I won't be attending :cautious: waiting for my products to arrive then I will be leaving the groups and saying ciao.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Guys please don't hate me but I signed up to Body shop at home!! - But hear me out..

It was £49 for my starter kit but everything in it is worth over £200 apparently, I do use a lot of bodyshop stuff and I will genuinely use it all, so I am saving money whist trying a few diff ranges in the stuff I normally get. I do not intend to sell or a be a rep of any kind, I will see though if my mum wants anything while I still have access to the discount. I didn't go through my friend who sells it, I went through some regional manager thing on Saturday and I know I have ultimately paid into the whole pyramid scheme but I am happy with the stuff I am getting for half the price it would normally cost. They won't get another penny out of me and surely they won't make any money as I intend to go no further with the whole thing?..

I will say though its been 3 days and I have been added to 4 different whatsapp groups, 3 different facebook groups and 3/4 different facebook group message chats. It is like a cult. Some of the groups talk about their 'shiny cars' and they literally use those words. They share what promotions to have, when its best to engage with your customers on the page you set up etc, which by the way I haven't done but they keep contacting me and asking why I haven't yet. I feel totally bombarded and its very over whelming! Some of the woman seem lovely but it just seems too much and I can't tell if they are genuinely lovely or if its all part of the act. in one of the videos I actually watched along with my partner, he couldn't stop laughing, they mentioned how doing this as a side job soon overtakes your actual job which I think is mental. I have had to mute the 5 or 6 woman that are contacting me and there is a zoom meeting on Thursday night at 7pm which obviously I won't be attending :cautious: waiting for my products to arrive then I will be leaving the groups and saying ciao.
Please attend the zoom meeting and feedback, it is interesting to get the inside scoop!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Please attend the zoom meeting and feedback, it is interesting to get the inside scoop!
I have lots of screenshots which I will share end of the week when I leave the groups as I don't want them to read here and figure out who I am then remove me beforehand, It is so full on, I can't actually believe it, i thought I would get left to my own devices but no such luck. I guess if you wanted to actually sell it, it might be quite good as you obviously get lots of help and support, But for me it would just be totally overwhelming.

• Heart
Reactions: 12