Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Claudia Lawrence case has always stayed with me 😞

Years ago, a young girl from my home town was murdered by a taxi driver. It was later discovered that he had murdered another young girl years earlier. The officer in charge always believed that the man who killed them ‘Christopher Halliwell’ was a serial killer and had many more victims.
This was further supported by the discovery of more than 60 items of women’s clothing (only two items have ever been identified as belonging to those of the two girls they know about).

Christopher Halliwell worked up north for several years and his father lived an hour from where Claudia Lawrence was last seen. They also have a witness that saw Claudia speaking to someone matching Halliwell’s description. Perhaps the strangest coincidence is that Claudia and one of Halliwell’s other victims both went missing on the same date (different years) This date is significant as it was the same date that Halliwell’s relationship ended years earlier.

I guess we may never know the truth, but I found it an interesting read.

It makes very interesting reading

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The case of luke jobson has always haunted me bec

edit...sorry i sent that before i had finished my post!

Yes Luke jobson its a strange case with a lot of unanswered questions?
Did he fall into the river was he pushed did he panic? We might never know and sadly bringing a case of affray against the men will probably not bring much needed relief or answers for his poor family.

Attachments

Last edited:
It makes very interesting reading

Read this a few times and at first thought that he might have been involved but I do think the answer to what happened to Claudia is within her friendship group really.

This is a strange but interesting read

Reactions: 3
I watched this documentary and found it very interesting. I remember the case, I was a teenager at the time, very sad that Suzys mum wasn't able to see justice done before she passed away
I missed that documentary, but I have seen a very interesting podcast which says that a lot of the common information about Suzys disappearance isn't true. I've mentioned it on a previous thread.

Firstly, it has been proposed that she didn't go to house that she supposed to be meeting Mr Kipper, as the keys to the house were still in the office, and the branch manager and the home owner say that only one set was ever provided, and the nephew of the witness whom says he saw Suzy there admitted to him that he wasn't 100% sure it was Suzy.

This of course does not imply Cannan is innocent, but that perhaps the facts need to be tempered with gentleness.

Reactions: 2
I missed that documentary, but I have seen a very interesting podcast which says that a lot of the common information about Suzys disappearance isn't true. I've mentioned it on a previous thread.

Firstly, it has been proposed that she didn't go to house that she supposed to be meeting Mr Kipper, as the keys to the house were still in the office, and the branch manager and the home owner say that only one set was ever provided, and the nephew of the witness whom says he saw Suzy there admitted to him that he wasn't 100% sure it was Suzy.

This of course does not imply Cannan is innocent, but that perhaps the facts need to be tempered with gentleness.
This case fascinates me, because I worked with her sisters...Also desperately sad.

• Sad
This case fascinates me, because I worked with her sisters...Also desperately sad.
Yes, even worse if it comes out that police had been working in the opposite direction all these years, and it could have solved earlier.

Reactions: 1
Patrick Warren and David Spencer is probably the one I'd most like to see solved. 11 and 13 year old boys who went missing together at 00:45 in the morning and it was not investigated as thoroughly as it should have been at the time because they were deemed to be 'streetwise.' I know things were different back then but he was still only 11.

Asha Degree is another missing child case I'd like to see solved.

Also Angela Marie Hammond who was four months pregnant when she was abducted while talking to her boyfriend at a payphone. I've not been able to shake that case after seeing that Unsolved Mysteries segment - he was so close to rescuing her.

Reactions: 7
Patrick Warren and David Spencer is probably the one I'd most like to see solved. 11 and 13 year old boys who went missing together at 00:45 in the morning and it was not investigated as thoroughly as it should have been at the time because they were deemed to be 'streetwise.' I know things were different back then but he was still only 11.
My friend grew up where they lived although he only knew them vaguely as he was a bit older than them. He said to me that he is convinced that they would have put up a fight if they were snatched but would have probably gone with someone willingly if alcohol and/or drugs were on offer. Recently some old bones were dug up not far from where they went missing and I was really hoping that their family might get some closure but they said that the bones found were significantly older.

Reactions: 8
I think the Meredith Kercher case has always stuck with me. I don't think we've ever had the full truth and her family have never had justice for her murder. Would love to see closure on this one but we're past that point....

Reactions: 8
I think the Meredith Kercher case has always stuck with me. I don't think we've ever had the full truth and her family have never had justice for her murder. Would love to see closure on this one but we're past that point....
I think the only person who could provide that is Rudy Guede.
The right person was imprisoned and I truly believe that.

Reactions: 11
I would like to know what happened to flight mh370. Are they missing people or murder victims?

Reactions: 20
just my two cents, (i dont mean to sound insensitive in any of these)

Amy Lynn Bradley - i think it's glaringly obvious that she unfortunately fell overboard. in fact, i personally dont even class this as an unresolved case. the sex trafficking thing is very far fetched. no proof, dodgy sightings. very sad and horrific, but there is no mystery here

corrie mckeague - another one, no mystery here, he was drunk and decided to sleep in the bin. he got taken to the landfill, they may never find his body. i personally don't class this as an unresolved mystery either, the parents just obviously don't want to accept that their son would do something so irrational.

maddie mccaan - absolutely no evidence or reason to even think that the parents are involved. they are blatantly not, they would have been charged or at least caught by now, it's been years of extensive analysis. they are guilty of course for leaving the poor kids alone in the room, but i would eat my foot if it came out that they had something to do with it.

i cant remember the exact quote i read but i have been obsessed with unresolved mysteries for a few years now, and it's almost ALWAYS the most obvious outcome that is the truth as to what happened. these are obviously just my opinions but i've loved reading these threads <3
Ocamm's razor theory

Reactions: 1
The Annecy shootings have always bothered me - the Iraqi-British family shot dead in the French countryside along with the cyclist. So bizarre.
Also Suzy Lamplugh and Damien Nettles.

I think the thing that annoys me most is that someone, somewhere knows something about ALL of these cases being discussed on here - we're just relying on someone one day confessing or coming forward with a vital piece of evidence. And usually the simplest solution is the correct one.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Always Lee boxall, Andrew gosden.
Can’t even begin to imagine how the families feel with no leads at all it drives me crazy thinking about it let alone them :(

Reactions: 10
Hi new to the thread so not sure if it’s been mentioned already but one case that has always intrigued me is the Rettendon Range Rover murders, there’s differing views that the two people found guilty are innocent and possible Police corruption involvement as well.

Reactions: 6
Wow this is the thread for me!

-Delphi Murders: apparently the reason they haven’t released hardly any details on the case is because it is utterly bizarre / the crime scene is really strange. and releasing the details would compromise.

-Maddie McCann, poor baby. Her parents should have been punished regardless. If it was a young parent off a council estate or in the lower income end, that left 3 toddlers unattended to go to the pub they’d have the remaining kids taken off them and they’d have been imprisoned.

-Georgia Gharsallah, mother went missing in the uk and hasnt been seen since. Recent case too but no publicity.

I check the Missing People Uk FB page almost daily, its absolutely fascinating but also so dark. May peace be with all of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
😳 this thread! I have been thinking about a thread like this lol

For me, it's the men on the NCA website from Liverpool who are all involved in the same drugs ring. I was watching 24 Hours in Police Custody, the one about the home cartel, and it reminded me of Liverpool for some reason. No offence to anyone from there, I think more in the crime from the 90's when they had armed police on the streets.

There is one guy, David Ungi, who was under police surveillance the same time he (allegedly) murdered a teenager! But he managed to get on a ferry in Dover without being caught by police WTAF I would have thought they'd monitor the ports if they were watching someone.

The mind boggles.

Reactions: 3
Also Bernadette Cooper! Owned an irish bar in Malaga called Molly Malones, came back to the uk for money and was never seen again after making a phone call to a lady abroad. There is a podcast called The Missing. Its brand new but covers it fabulously.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.