Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Deborah Linsley, the woman infamously murdered on a train from Petts Wood to Victoria in 1988. It's still such a mystery and I have to wonder who could be out there that has got away with it for so long
Gosh, I remember this case, I think it was one of the reasons why they finally phased out those closed compartment trains (well, I think they were being phased out anyway, but this gave it more impetus). Shocking that no one was ever caught given that the killer was injured and probably covered in blood when he got off the train :(

Reactions: 4
Madeleine Bigatton, a woman from Australia.

1605694980089.png

To cut a very long and complicated story short: husband was involved in a crytocurrency scheme, robbing so many people of their savings (he was under investigation by the FBI and has recently been charged with a whole raft of things). They lived in a large home and seemed to live extremely well, yet she told people that they had money problems. I could've sworn I read something about someone visiting their home and seeing that they had very little furniture - it was just this big, near-empty, house ... but at quick glance can't find anything online. Anyhoo, she's been missing since 2018, along with some AUD$70 missing crytocurrency funds. She was last seen getting into her car, along with a beach bag. The car was found some time later, and the keys a short distance away.

This photo, taken just a week after she disappeared, shows her husband looking rather happy, which even a relative of Madeline's commented was rather strange:

images.jpg

Here are just two articles for further reading for those who may be interested:

I feel sad and frustrated for Madeleine as there appears to be very little chatter about this case online. Even the Websleuths thread about her is quite sparse, only running 1 page long (most cases are in to the 10s, if not 100s with this amount of time elapsed).

The coroner's inquest was set down for June of this year but I can't find any information about it ... maybe it was delayed due to Covid?

So where is she?
  • Did the beach bag contain a fresh, shiny new passport with a new identity, allowing her the chance to slip away to a new life in another country? Surely her husband would have followed her though ... and what about their daughters?
  • One of the articles states that she dropped her youngest daughter off to a friend's house on the way .. did the friend's parent(s) talk to her? What did the daughter say about her state of mind at the time?
  • Did she commit suicide, unable to deal with all that she knew they would facing due to the fallout of her husband's scam?
  • Did her husband guess where she might have been, meet her where she'd parked her car, kill her and stage her disappearance?
So many questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the same vein, another one from Australia:

Melissa Caddick - similar age, appearance and circumstances to Madeline.

download.jpg

This is a bit confusing - "Mother-of-one Melissa Caddick, 49, was last seen at her Dover Heights mansion in Sydney's eastern suburbs just after midnight last Thursday. She is believed to have left her $7 million clifftop home about 5.30am wearing jogging gear, police said."

... So she was seen when she returned from her six hour (!) jog? If so, by whom?

Her disappearance wasn't reported until 24 hours later.

"Her disappearance happened the same week the Australian Securities and Investments Commission officials lodged legal proceedings against her."

She left home without her phone, money or personal possessions.

Hmmm ... :unsure:

Article for those who would like to learn more:

^ Silly me, I mis-read the time as 5:30pm in the Daily Mail article ...

... and can't change it

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Madeleine Bigatton, a woman from Australia.

View attachment 315041

To cut a very long and complicated story short: husband was involved in a crytocurrency scheme, robbing so many people of their savings (he was under investigation by the FBI and has recently been charged with a whole raft of things). They lived in a large home and seemed to live extremely well, yet she told people that they had money problems. I could've sworn I read something about someone visiting their home and seeing that they had very little furniture - it was just this big, near-empty, house ... but at quick glance can't find anything online. Anyhoo, she's been missing since 2018, along with some AUD$70 missing crytocurrency funds. She was last seen getting into her car, along with a beach bag. The car was found some time later, and the keys a short distance away.

This photo, taken just a week after she disappeared, shows her husband looking rather happy, which even a relative of Madeline's commented was rather strange:

View attachment 315018

Here are just two articles for further reading for those who may be interested:

I feel sad and frustrated for Madeleine as there appears to be very little chatter about this case online. Even the Websleuths thread about her is quite sparse, only running 1 page long (most cases are in to the 10s, if not 100s with this amount of time elapsed).

The coroner's inquest was set down for June of this year but I can't find any information about it ... maybe it was delayed due to Covid?

So where is she?
  • Did the beach bag contain a fresh, shiny new passport with a new identity, allowing her the chance to slip away to a new life in another country? Surely her husband would have followed her though ... and what about their daughters?
  • One of the articles states that she dropped her youngest daughter off to a friend's house on the way .. did the friend's parent(s) talk to her? What did the daughter say about her state of mind at the time?
  • Did she commit suicide, unable to deal with all that she knew they would facing due to the fallout of her husband's scam?
  • Did her husband guess where she might have been, meet her where she'd parked her car, kill her and stage her disappearance?
So many questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in the same vein, another one from Australia:

Melissa Caddick - similar age, appearance and circumstances to Madeline.

View attachment 315038

This is a bit confusing - "Mother-of-one Melissa Caddick, 49, was last seen at her Dover Heights mansion in Sydney's eastern suburbs just after midnight last Thursday. She is believed to have left her $7 million clifftop home about 5.30am wearing jogging gear, police said."

... So she was seen when she returned from her six hour (!) jog? If so, by whom?

Her disappearance wasn't reported until 24 hours later.

"Her disappearance happened the same week the Australian Securities and Investments Commission officials lodged legal proceedings against her."

She left home without her phone, money or personal possessions.

Hmmm ... :unsure:

Article for those who would like to learn more:

^ Silly me, I mis-read the time as 5:30pm in the Daily Mail article ...

... and can't change it
The quote from her husband is a bit odd in this article. Not sure if it's just a snippet so has lost it's context.

He talks about having been married for years and having known her a long time.
This would make sense if there is some of the conversation missing and it was in relation to saying she wouldn't just go missing, I've known her a long time, it just isn't like her...
The way it's written makes it seem a bit strange.

Reactions: 1
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
yes!!! It’s so bizarre. It caught my eye more so because barely a week before she went missing, they did an article for bbc news about their lifestyle...
How bizarre....someone found out where they were separately maybe? Not sure how much were allowed to say on here about active cases like this

Reactions: 3
just my two cents, (i dont mean to sound insensitive in any of these)

Amy Lynn Bradley - i think it's glaringly obvious that she unfortunately fell overboard. in fact, i personally dont even class this as an unresolved case. the sex trafficking thing is very far fetched. no proof, dodgy sightings. very sad and horrific, but there is no mystery here

corrie mckeague - another one, no mystery here, he was drunk and decided to sleep in the bin. he got taken to the landfill, they may never find his body. i personally don't class this as an unresolved mystery either, the parents just obviously don't want to accept that their son would do something so irrational.

maddie mccaan - absolutely no evidence or reason to even think that the parents are involved. they are blatantly not, they would have been charged or at least caught by now, it's been years of extensive analysis. they are guilty of course for leaving the poor kids alone in the room, but i would eat my foot if it came out that they had something to do with it.

i cant remember the exact quote i read but i have been obsessed with unresolved mysteries for a few years now, and it's almost ALWAYS the most obvious outcome that is the truth as to what happened. these are obviously just my opinions but i've loved reading these threads <3

Reactions: 23
Andrew Gosden who decided not to go to school one day and caught a train from Doncaster to London never to be seen again. There are so many unknowns and what’s most unfortunate is the failings of the police - no CCTV of Andrew. Once he left Kings Cross nobody knows what happened next. There’s a brilliant Reddit thread on him and people are always thinking of him.

Asha Degree - I hadn’t heard of this case until snooping on Reddit because I’m not sure we heard much about it here in the U.K. (American case). 9 year old girl who got up in the middle of the night, packed a bag, left the house. Never seen again except a sighting where a car tried to flag her down and she ran into woodland. Absolutely spine tingling story thinking of that poor little girl in the rain and dark alone.

Reactions: 15

Amy Lynn Bradley - i think it's glaringly obvious that she unfortunately fell overboard. in fact, i personally dont even class this as an unresolved case. the sex trafficking thing is very far fetched. no proof, dodgy sightings. very sad and horrific, but there is no mystery here

corrie mckeague - another one, no mystery here, he was drunk and decided to sleep in the bin. he got taken to the landfill, they may never find his body. i personally don't class this as an unresolved mystery either, the parents just obviously don't want to accept that their son would do something so irrational.

maddie mccaan - absolutely no evidence or reason to even think that the parents are involved. they are blatantly not, they would have been charged or at least caught by now, it's been years of extensive analysis. they are guilty of course for leaving the poor kids alone in the room, but i would eat my foot if it came out that they had something to do with it.

i cant remember the exact quote i read but i have been obsessed with unresolved mysteries for a few years now, and it's almost ALWAYS the most obvious outcome that is the truth as to what happened. these are obviously just my opinions but i've loved reading these threads <3
Well with maddie McCann surely the most obvious thing then is that her parents had something to do with it

Andrew Gosden who decided not to go to school one day and caught a train from Doncaster to London never to be seen again. There are so many unknowns and what’s most unfortunate is the failings of the police - no CCTV of Andrew. Once he left Kings Cross nobody knows what happened next. There’s a brilliant Reddit thread on him and people are always thinking of him.

Asha Degree - I hadn’t heard of this case until snooping on Reddit because I’m not sure we heard much about it here in the U.K. (American case). 9 year old girl who got up in the middle of the night, packed a bag, left the house. Never seen again except a sighting where a car tried to flag her down and she ran into woodland. Absolutely spine tingling story thinking of that poor little girl in the rain and dark alone.
I wonder what was going on either at home or if she was being groomed online because most nine yr olds get up and leave in the middle of the night

• Sad
Reactions: 10

It's definitely a case of Occam's Razor with a lot of them, I feel (Occam's razor, Ockham's razor, Ocham's razor, or law of parsimony is the problem-solving principle that "entities should not be multiplied without necessity", or more simply, the simplest explanation is usually the right one).

The Amy Bradley case took a few really weird turns when someone who claimed to be a family member kept posting on the likes of Websleuths, Reddit and My Death Space, and started telling stories ... fanciful fiction was all it was, I suspect. Strangely, they had "verified" status from Websleuths that they were in fact a family member but then it got withdrawn or something ... anyhoo, they led everyone on a bit of a wild goose chase, saying she'd been kidnapped because she was valuable to her handlers ... but when people started guessing what that might mean (drug mule? insurance for something else), they said they couldn't discuss it. That sort of behaviour went on and on for a bit until they suddenly disappeared (or their account was terminated). I politely called them out on their BS and indiscrepancies a couple of times and they could never argue their point intelligently - they'd either make snide remarks or send the conversation off on another tangent. They also kept people hooked by saying there had been recent sightings of her in x, always accompanied by two men, which would lead to others getting excited and more theories being suggested. Between that, the woman sighted in the since-burned down brothel, and talk of Amy reinventing herself as the wife of the CEO of the shipping line, it all became very exhausting. Oh yes, and that guy from the cruise ship band, "Yellow," who she was seen dancing with, and who suddenly found God and wouldn't speak about Amy. That certainly was one very crazy case. I strongly suspect she got drunk, stumbled over the balcony and fell into the sea.

Reactions: 1
Claudia Lawrence. She left for work that morning and was never seen again; I'm sure it was someone who knew her who did it; I think there was rumours that she was having an affair at the time and there was a man seen hanging around her property the morning of her disappearance as well.

I get the impression the police know or strongly suspect who was involved with her disappearance but don’t have enough evidence.

Reactions: 21
I get the impression the police know or strongly suspect who was involved with her disappearance but don’t have enough evidence.
That must be so difficult for them to deal with, when you’re 98% certain but need more evidence

Down The Hill podcast covers the deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams in Delphi, Indiana. The girls actually managed to photograph a man following them on the bridge which their bodies were found close to. So far unsolved ☹
In clip.u can here man saying I think it is get down there 😲

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Kevin Parle killed Lucy Hargreeves and Liam Kelly in the 90s I believe. Hes still on the run. Peter bleksley (the former boss from Hunted on channel 4) is searching for him

Reactions: 3
I heard this case on crime junkies and its so weird. By all accounts, a nice family no reason for her to disappear a d she just upped and left in the middle of the night. I think she was probably groomed but it's all a bit Jon benet!

Reactions: 2
I remember this case quite well but I can't even begin to imagine who would be guilty of harming Claudia.
I always felt like the press tried to make her seem as though she had a lot of "male friends" essentially saying she got around a bit. Which I found very unsettling.
It just seemed like nobody had a clue or lead in what had happened.

EDOT- Victim blaming is the term I was looking for.

Reactions: 5
I still can’t believe they haven’t got anyone for the Delphi murders. It chills me to the core that he is still walking free after those poor little girls are not 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.