Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am also obsessed with the Delhi Murders. Something is off with the police investigation. I read that one of the girls seemed to be more the target than the other from the injuries and the posing. They had scarves around their necks in their coffins which suggests method of killing.
Also Maura Murray is a disappearance that has captured public imagination. Her back story is fascinating.
That little girl, Asha Degree, I am just perplexed by. Nothing in that case makes sense. She was, if anything, over protected and shielded from the more base side of life. Her family was atypical decent, hardworking, hands on mum and dad. She was scared of the dark, of dogs...and why would anyone see a panicked child run into a forest and not alert the police?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Ben Needham - his poor mum -she appears periodically on TV - I feel so sorry for her.

Claudia Lawrence - that girls reputation was torn to bits. It was either an opportunistic abduction or someone knew her schedule and it was planned.

Yorkshire ripper victims- they treated those murdered sex workers like they were sub human . The attitude of the police was shameful . Nevermind telling the women to stay home ,they should have put a curfew on the men .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Ben Needham - his poor mum -she appears periodically on TV - I feel so sorry for her.

Claudia Lawrence - that girls reputation was torn to bits. It was either an opportunistic abduction or someone knew her schedule and it was planned.

Yorkshire ripper victims- they treated those murdered sex workers like they were sub human . The attitude of the police was shameful . Nevermind telling the women to stay home ,they should have put a curfew on the men .
It’s awful really how she’s had to beg for help , where as the other two get any airtime they want, the disparity in the way they are treated is amazing

Reactions: 9
Robert Wone. He stayed with a friend and his two partners in Washington. A little while after he arrived at their house, one partner placed a call to 911 to say that Robert had been stabbed.

All three have maintained that he was stabbed by an intruder, yet the house was spotless and although there were stab wounds, Robert was wearing clean clothes.

Judges found it unlikely that an intruder made a beeline for Robert's room and stabbed him as Dylan's room was at the top of the stairs. Also, nothing was stolen and two wallets with cash were still in the room. They also found the behaviour of the three suspicious as they were aloof and unconcerned. Like, one of them was an old friend of Robert, and he didn't seem overly bothered that his friend had just died in his house?

There are more details that don't add up, here's a podcast episode on it:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The Essex boys. Now I’m a keen crime reader and always researching stuff but this has got me hooked on another level and I dunno why.

Reactions: 5

Just recently been reading aboit Claudia. The stuff I’ve seen makes you wonder! Yorkshire ripper was my main interest ive researched so much about this!

Reactions: 3
Also Bernadette Cooper! Owned an irish bar in Malaga called Molly Malones, came back to the uk for money and was never seen again after making a phone call to a lady abroad. There is a podcast called The Missing. Its brand new but covers it fabulously.
The podcast got so many things wrong about Bernadette's case & there were a lot of inaccuracies. Unfortunately we can't get them to amend these details. We're happy the case is getting some traction but disappointed at the way she was portrayed.

Also, that voicemail isn't really Bernadette, it was dramatised.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
The Essex boys. Now I’m a keen crime reader and always researching stuff but this has got me hooked on another level and I dunno why.
I’d never heard of them but was researching my family tree last year and discovered that one of the “new” Essex Boys (not one of the original three) was a relative! :eek: Never met him though.
I must have got the extra law abiding genes that alluded him!

Reactions: 4
The missing back packer Esther Dingley. Went missing in the french alps, recently while walking alone. Not so much of a murder (still ongoing enquiries), but her partner is convinced now that she was abducted. Personally, I think she had a tragic accident and either fell into a lake or tripped while climbing. She is experienced in hillwalking etc, but that doesn't make you immune from slipping. Her partner is beside himself and I don't blame him for jumping to these ideas when nobody seems to be able to give him an answer.

Reactions: 7
Not sure if anyone has posted it, but this police site has photos of items/clothing etc found with unidentified bodies in hope of identifying them. Always makes me so sad to look at, bodies from 30,40 years ago still unclaimed and without a name :(

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The podcast got so many things wrong about Bernadette's case & there were a lot of inaccuracies. Unfortunately we can't get them to amend these details. We're happy the case is getting some traction but disappointed at the way she was portrayed.

Ahh I did wonder if that was Bernadette, it wasn’t made clear but it didn’t make sense that it was her.

If it’s any comfort I didn’t think she was portrayed in a bad light, at least it didn’t come across that way to me. Good luck with the search.

Reactions: 6

I’ve never heard of Bernadette I’ve just had a look online and there is no wiki page for her might be a good idea for someone to make one

Reactions: 2
I am always trawling the subreddit dedicated to them! Its harrowing and just flat out strange. I am wondering whether it could have been ritualistic and thats why any detail is so compromising. But god knows. Do you have a theory??? X

I would really recommend The Missing podcast, this episode especially. Her voicemail is quite bizarre and she was under a lot of financial pressure at the time and had returned to the uk to get some money. Family members were unable to help at the time due to her needing around 10k. In the voicemail she says shes got the money, but never heard from again. God knows where all these people just vanish to. Its a big shame about Bernadette Cooper because theres absolutely bugger all coverage.
Ahh I did wonder if that was Bernadette, it wasn’t made clear but it didn’t make sense that it was her.

If it’s any comfort I didn’t think she was portrayed in a bad light, at least it didn’t come across that way to me. Good luck with the search.
Thanks for your kind words. I hope we find Bernadette or at least found out what happened to her.

• Heart
There will be a Netflix documentary about Elisa Lam’s disappearance at Cecil hotel https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/ne...es-season-1-elisa-lam-cecil-hotel-1234882596/

Not sure if anyone has posted it, but this police site has photos of items/clothing etc found with unidentified bodies in hope of identifying them. Always makes me so sad to look at, bodies from 30,40 years ago still unclaimed and without a name :(

Oh my gosh that is so sad. I always think of their poor families who may/must have looked for them

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Just having a look at this and a male skull has washed up on the Isle of Wight. I'm sure it's already been checked, but it immediately made me think of Damien Nettles who went missing there in 1996.

Reactions: 3

My gosh i am so sorry! If i had known i wouldn’t have recommended it. I hope they agree to amend this for you. I would love to see more about Bernadettes case. I hope you are ok! Xxx

My gosh i am so sorry! If i had known i wouldn’t have recommended it. I hope they agree to amend this for you. I would love to see more about Bernadettes case. I hope you are ok! Xxx
It's ok! Even though there are a lot of inaccuracies we have to be thankful that the case might bring some leads, so at least there's that. I don't think they will change it now. Thanks for the well wishes x

Reactions: 4
One of the most upsetting missing person cases I've come across is Theresa Ann Bier who went missing on 1st June 1987. I had heard the bare basics of the case before but came across a fascinating nine part article about the case here which filled out some horrible details (tw - child abuse.)

Theresa had a horrible upbringing - being physically, mentally and emotionally abused by her parents, raped by her uncle and forced into child prostitution for his friends. Six weeks after her sixteenth birthday she went hiking in California with a 43 year old named Russell 'Skip' Welch, who had a heavy meth habit and a known history of taking underage teenage girls into the forest and giving them drugs in exchange for sexually abusing them. Skip later went to his family's home, alone, with cuts and scratches over his hands and showing symptoms of meth induced psychosis, talking about being chased by devils. When interviewed by the police he said that Theresa was abducted by Bigfoot and taken to a secret underground society of super-intelligent beings that was such a nice place she would never want to return. More than 10 days after she went missing he took them to the campsite but they found polariods that showed the actual campsite was 20 miles away from where Skip had taken them, and he had relocated and recreated the campsite to mislead them. His nephew later told the police that Skip had previously told him how the Bigfoot creatures needed women to be sacrificed for them. Her uncle's sons have stated they think he might have had Skip kill her as he was worried she was about to start speaking out about the abuse.

The police arrested Skip for 'child stealing' but dismissed the charges because they were worried about double jeopardy. Skip died in 1998. Her uncle died in 2008. Nobody was ever tried for any crime in relation to her disappearance. Theresa would be turning 50 this year if she was alive but I think it's certain she died the night she went missing, either deliberately murdered by Skip, accidentally murdered by him in a delusional state, the victim of an overdose or fell to her death while trying to escape from him. The fact that he relocated the campsite makes me feel that he still had a clear enough mind that he knew what really happened to her. Sadly, considering the size of the forest and both suspects having died, it is a case that will almost certainly never be solved.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.