Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, it explains her trip to the top of the mountain so late in the day. It also explains why she couldn’t mention meeting him.

I wonder if the manner of what happened to her could be explained by an accidental fall I.e if it was deliberately made to look like it could have been an accident. Maybe they descended together for some time before something happened.

I thought it was odd that he would not join the search and rescue teams in their searches for Esther but that he would only search on his own. I think the Spanish found that odd too

Reactions: 8
I think he is good at hiding stuff as he wrote in that article you forwarded.

Maybe he scouted the terrain prior to meeting her, to find the most undetectable accident spot. While there was still daylight.

The mountain search party spokesperson sounded annoyed talking about DC refusing to walk with them and go off on his own.

Was he visiting the fall site/hiding place/cave to see if it was visible or not?

Peggy,

By accident do you mean he may have pushed her? I hadn't thought of it till now but it would leave little evidence someone was responsible.

It seems clear the site of crime has been chosen for low detectability.

How on Earth do Forensics prove someone was pushed after weeks have passed and snow has fallen?

Their only hope - the police - is to find some witness to his movements?

I'm no expert on this. Just thinking it through out loud.

If he is what I fear then there is always another love interest around. Even long distance.

PDs do not kill unless they have a replacement.

Fear of abandonment et al.

In that case there will be a second phone, unregistered.

1hr to Luchon. Then 5hrs to Pic de Sauvegarde.

I just checked.
Screenshot_2020-12-17_012451.jpg

So he needed 6hrs to get up there if using a bus to Luchon.

Perhaps' without risking transport, he started on the 21st? Travelled the back roads. Pitched a tent en route & only got there on the 22nd?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Peggy,

By accident do you mean he may have pushed her? I hadn't thought of it till now but it would leave little evidence someone was responsible.

It seems clear the site of crime has been chosen for low detectability.

How on Earth do Forensics prove someone was pushed after weeks have passed and snow has fallen?
Yes - if someone decided to harm her - then pushing her off the side of the mountain would be a means of doing this which would not enable anyone to detect how she had fallen, I suppose.

Perhaps' without risking transport, he started on the 21st? Travelled the back roads. Pitched a tent en route & only got there on the 22nd?
I think he could have set out to get nearer to her even earlier than 21st - if he was getting very agitated.. wouldn't his rage have been building up for a few days or longer

Reactions: 4
Just got sucked into this rabbit hole.

Really hope for her family there is news, but if its snowing on the mountain it may hamper.
Only thing is, if she has passed - the cold will work to preserve & may help answer some questions.
Ideally she has taken off & will return when she is ready and & strong enough too.

He really seems so controlling & she seems like such a lovely soul!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm still struggling with why someone as experienced and frequently travelling as her wouldn't be carrying a personal GPS locator beacon with her. They're not expensive or anything new, they're pocket sized and work worldwide, and have batteries that last for years. Many of them have an SOS button to call help to your exact location. Not something I'd expect the numpties that suddenly decide to walk up Ben Nevis one day on a whim and get stranded to have with them, but someone that's hiking in remote places almost every day for months or years and for whom her whole lifestyle is the great outdoors, yes definitely.

For her not to have such a device on her suggests to me that she didn't want to be found either?

Reactions: 12
Yes - if someone decided to harm her - then pushing her off the side of the mountain would be a means of doing this which would not enable anyone to detect how she had fallen, I suppose.

I think he could have set out to get nearer to her even earlier than 21st - if he was getting very agitated.. wouldn't his rage have been building up for a few days or longer
This is horrifying but sounds so likely.

Reactions: 2

Yet he couldn't be away from Arreau too long as he needed an alibi for the week.

Just got sucked into this rabbit hole.

Really hope for her family there is news, but if its snowing on the mountain it may hamper.
Only thing is, if she has passed - the cold will work to preserve & may help answer some questions.
Ideally she has taken off & will return when she is ready and & strong enough too.

He really seems so controlling & she seems like such a lovely soul!
True! On the cold preserving evidence.

I'm still struggling with why someone as experienced and frequently travelling as her wouldn't be carrying a personal GPS locator beacon with her. They're not expensive or anything new, they're pocket sized and work worldwide, and have batteries that last for years. Many of them have an SOS button to call help to your exact location. Not something I'd expect the numpties that suddenly decide to walk up Ben Nevis one day on a whim and get stranded to have with them, but someone that's hiking in remote places almost every day for months or years and for whom her whole lifestyle is the great outdoors, yes definitely.

For her not to have such a device on her suggests to me that she didn't want to be found either?
Kev do we know for sure she didn't?

Perhaps the perpetrator switched it off as per her phone on flight mode?

After all DC claimed this week she had the best hiking gear etc.

Last edited:
Yet he couldn't be away from Arreau too long as he needed an alibi for the week.

True! On the cold preserving evidence.

Kev do we know for sure she didn't?

Perhaps the perpetrator switched it off as per her phone on flight mode?

After all DC claimed this week she had the best hiking gear etc.
Regarding the phone in flight mode - what do we know about that exactly? (sorry I had read something referring to this but haven't taken much notice of it until now). Do we know for sure it was turned to flight mode and when? Thanks!

Just thinking that she was last seen by Vigo at 3pm ascending the mountain. The next known event was her sending the photo from the summit at 4pm to Dan (although anything via social media etc is not reliable as someone could have done this on her 'phone). She looks genuinely happy in that photo. When did she meet the perpetrator do we think? If she had arranged to meet DC that day (hence explaining her late climb) then I'm thinking she arrange to meet possibly at summit or refuge that day..
Dan alerts she is missing on 27th (I think that is correct date.).

Just had a glance over at Websleuths and have brought this comment over by a member who I think was also of the opinion she may have been harmed by someone. Obviously over there we were unable to discuss openly these views!!

'My feeling is that Luchon holds the key and that there was somebody there – or on their way there – that ED was keen to meet up with. We know that LE have cleared her B/F, so who else could it be ? My original thought on this matter was that her mention of a kind male hiker on the 19th, prompted the B/F to visit her, but it is back to the drawing board on that one. Still puzzling though over her Instagram pictures of the 21-22 Nov, with ED (and her walking poles propped against a boulder), all showing Luchon in the background, accompanied with the words : “Maybe I can see you!!”. ''

Last edited:
Regarding the phone in flight mode - what do we know about that exactly? (sorry I had read something referring to this but haven't taken much notice of it until now). Do we know for sure it was turned to flight mode and when? Thanks!

We know that LE have cleared her B/F, so who else could it be ? My original thought on this matter was that her mention of a kind male hiker on the 19th, prompted the B/F to visit her, but it is back to the drawing board on that one. Still puzzling though over her Instagram pictures of the 21-22 Nov, with ED (and her walking poles propped against a boulder), all showing Luchon in the background, accompanied with the words : “Maybe I can see you!!”. ''
Lol those poor people on that forum. They have to do anything but sleuth. They are only allowed to discuss stuff reported by news sites. How is that sleuthing? At least here we can use our brains freely.

Regarding the phone in flight mode - what do we know about that exactly? (sorry I had read something referring to this but haven't taken much notice of it until now). Do we know for sure it was turned to flight mode?

'My feeling is that Luchon holds the key and that there was somebody there – or on their way there – that ED was keen to meet up with. We know that LE have cleared her B/F, so who else could it be ? My original thought on this matter was that her mention of a ''
Her phone was reported by msm as in flight mode thus LE had no clue which way she went.

Another ominous sign we know indicates a calculating predator!

Just thinking that she was last seen by Vigo at 3pm ascending the mountain. The next known event was her sending the photo from the summit at 4pm to Dan (although anything via social media etc is not reliable as someone could have done this on her 'phone). She looks genuinely happy in that photo. When did she meet the perpetrator do we think? If she had arranged to meet DC that day (hence explaining her late climb) then I'm thinking she arrange to meet possibly at summit or refuge that day..

Just had a glance over at Websleuths and have brought this comment over by a member who I think was also of the opinion she may have been harmed by someone. Obviously over there we were unable to discuss openly these views!!

'My feeling is that Luchon holds the key and that there was somebody there – or on their way there – that ED was keen to meet up with. We know that LE have cleared her B/F, so who else could it be ? My original thought on this matter was that her mention of a kind male hiker on the 19th, prompted the B/F to visit her, but it is back to the drawing board on that one. Still puzzling though over her Instagram pictures of the 21-22 Nov, with ED (and her walking poles propped against a boulder), all showing Luchon in the background, accompanied with the words : “Maybe I can see you!!”. ''
I recall flight mode being activated on 22nd according to msm. Cap'n Bordinaro prob has been quoted somewhere.

"Looks genuinely happy" concerns me.

The emotional rollercoaster of fear vs hope. If happiness bubble triggered by narc manipulations eg Coming to see you, love you etc.

The promise of change.

I hope I am wrong as hell.

Just thinking that she was last seen by Vigo at 3pm ascending the mountain. The next known event was her sending the photo from the summit at 4pm to Dan (although anything via social media etc is not reliable as someone could have done this on her 'phone). She looks genuinely happy in that photo. When did she meet the perpetrator do we think? If she had arranged to meet DC that day (hence explaining her late climb) then I'm thinking she arrange to meet possibly at summit or refuge lso of the opinion she may have been harmed by someone. Obviously over there we were unable to discuss openly these views!!

It was made very clear on that forum by SB that "not a suspect" does NOT equal "being cleared".

I noticed nobody bothered to substantiate the claim they erroneously parrot as attributed to Cap'n Bordinaro.

Sorry I just can't cope with the ludicrosy of stuff posted on there.

This is how investigations work:

1. Police can only declare a suspect if they have evidence

2. You can only be "cleared" if you have been an official suspect.

3. Everyone is an unofficial suspect until a formal suspect is named i.e they have evidence.

4. Nowhere in the world can cops declare you a suspect unless they have evidence

5. Police can suspect someone strongly but not declare it if they have no evidence. In fact it is strategic to let a suspect think they are NOT under suspicion.

They watch and wait, letting the criminal relax and make mistakes.

At the start of all this I did not suspect DC.

Then I began to notice red flags.

Like all of you I tried hoping for the best and set red flags aside.

He seemed nice.

But he began to act in ways I could not ignore. Eg look there not here etc.

So I reluctantly - as an idealist - began to stack up the red flags.

The odds worldwide are always that a partner is responsible. We know this.

But we all still hope each time that this time will be different.

I very much doubt it now.

Yes the nice new friend of the 19th or some random person could be a psychopath.

The odds are they are not. Female or male as their gender and age are unidentified still.

Last edited:
I think I made up a new word earlier in the frustrations of phone editing. Ludicrousness I should have said.

Crime stats: FRANCE

Btw just to throw in an interesting fact. France has way more serial killers & murders than all its neighbours incl UK.

Criminologists are perplexed by this.

I discovered this in a Haaretz article of all places as the journo had really dug into this.

Here are the statistics:

"United Nations and European Union crime data show that more people are murdered in France than in the country’s neighbors – Switzerland, Italy, Britain, Holland, Spain, Portugal and Germany.

Between 2010 and 2014, an average of 801 people were murdered in France every year, as compared to 718 in Germany, whose population is larger by nearly 16 million (67 million versus 82.7 million).

Of France’s close neighbors, only Belgium has a higher murder rate.

On top of this, about 1,000 unidentified bodies are discovered in France every year and are buried by local authorities without documentation or a proper DNA examination.

In Britain, which has a population of about the same size, 66 unidentified bodies and parts of bodies were discovered in 2016.

That huge disparity, experts say, stems from the completely different procedures followed in the two countries.

France, in contrast to other countries, including Israel, does not have a national database containing the details of unidentified bodies discovered there – where and when they were found, gender, estimated age, physical description, cause of death, DNA.

The other side of the coin is that France also lacks a national database that holds information about missing persons, together with their or their relatives’ DNA.

At this point, we come to the number of missing persons. Every year, authorities in France receive between 40,000 and 67,000 missing-persons reports. The vast majority of these cases are solved quickly: The missing individual returns home or is found alive, or his or her body is discovered.

Still, a certain unknown percentage of the files remain open: The missing persons are never found. It’s difficult to estimate the scale of the phenomenon, because no official body in France or elsewhere provides precise information.

(The French Interior Ministry refused to respond to any questions on the subject from Haaretz.)

It's jawdropping yes Bella. I'm stunned too.

Of all the countries in W Europe, who would have thought France or Belgium would have the highest risks of murder?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
An interesting post on DC instagram about "being left behind" on May 10th.

Screenshot_2020-12-17_235101.jpg

Those left behind do the grieving
Those left behind clean the stains.
Those left behind take the beating,
Those left behind feel the pain.

Below his poem he speaks of his illness in 2013.. And how alone she felt at the time. Which he had not thought about.

It's just chilling he wrote this in May this year.

Anyone else working on a theory that Johara is involved somehow? :LOL:
Thanks for the laughter lol.

I think what drives me posting about this case is the fear that someone killed her and will escape justice.

It is so well planned if it was a murder. It evokes outrage in me.

I'm trying to post daily to keep the spotlight on this case. It's the most useful thing we can do.

Another interesting poem about his relationship. This from October 2019.

Screenshot_2020-12-17_234900.jpg

I think if we feel someone is our "soulmate" as claimed Monday then we love being together and would not crave space.

Different strokes for different folks but this is classic push-pull behaviour common with personality disorders such as Narcissistic or Borderline or Anti-social Personality Disorder.

Eg OJ Simpson, Oscar Pistorius etc etc. Charming, popular guys all, before they killed.

There's a popular book about this called "I hate you, don't leave me".

AdoraDelano this one's especially for you.

He wrote this in 2019. I forgot to check the month.

Screenshot_2020-12-18_001449.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Even if he had nothing to do with it, he’s a real pseudo-intellectual isn’t he?

Reactions: 15
This case has me hooked. I did some reading of the posts uploaded on Facebook by Esther Nov 19th 10:19. - It talks about her experience of how she was doubting herself but makes it then it goes to talk about the mystery man she met she had the option of staying in this great cabin or going down and hitching a ride .. I just found this part of the sentence weird. " he'd take me with er up the valley. " .

I noticed it is the only typo in the message, reading it I first read **with her** and not with me*

I don't know why but this feeling is telling me she never wrote this, I think Dan is involved somehow.
(clutching at straws I know but my mind gets carried away lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
"Where we say we want love
But stay addicted to hate".

You might think my psychological sleuthing is OTT but you'd have to have been entangled with one of these PDs to understand how dangerous they are.

I and others I know received death threats.

It's years ago but still horrifies me to know how close I came to a real life demon.

This case has me hooked. I did some reading of the posts uploaded on Facebook by Esther Nov 19th 10:19. - It talks about her experience of how she was doubting herself but makes it then it goes to talk about the mystery man she met she had the option of staying in this great cabin or going down and hitching a ride .. I just found this part of the sentence weird. " he'd take me with er up the valley. " .

I noticed it is the only typo in the message, reading it I first read **with her** .

I don't know why but this feeling is telling me she never wrote this, I think Dan is involved somehow.
(clutching at straws I know but my mind gets carried away lol)
It takes courage to voice your thoughts and hunches in a PC world.

There's a lot off about this case. Thanks for contributing stuff for us to think about.

Yes the spelling error wasn't like her. It could be "further" or "with her" if predictive spelling meddled with her typing. Either way it shows excitement on her part.

Even if he had nothing to do with it, he’s a real pseudo-intellectual isn’t he?
PetitPois, did you read the last one I posted that ends:

"We say we want love but stay addicted to hate"?

Est-il mal a la tete? Guessing you speak French from your moniker. My French is not great btw. School French.

Here's the bestselling guide to this stuff.

Screenshot_2020-12-18_003451.jpg

And the summary on Amazon:

Screenshot_2020-12-18_003512.jpg

The experts say these disorders overlap in people. Eg NPD + Borderline is common in the same person.

Dangerous facts about Borderlines:

- capable of killing if they know their partner is thinking of leaving

- the most dangerous time is just before you leave

- no object constancy so all the love you gave in the past does not count. Only your most recent bad deed

- you cannot reason with them. They become explosive, violent suddenly without warning

- they are incapable of processing their emotions and rage can consume them totally

- hypersensitive and hypervigilant to potential abandonment or rejection

- very vengeful

I forgot to add their charm is the most dangerous part of it all.

These are people adept at winning friends and charming strangers, as long as it remains surface level.

Only intimate partners get to meet Mr Hyde.

I did a search for French mountain deaths.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51237315

Two British men mysteriously fell off the French Alps a month apart.

In early 2020.

Nothing in the Pyrenees. But it does show it happens & in fishy circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
An interesting post on DC instagram about "being left behind" on May 10th.

View attachment 350945

Those left behind do the grieving
Those left behind clean the stains.
Those left behind take the beating,
Those left behind feel the pain.

Below his poem he speaks of his illness in 2013.. And how alone she felt at the time. Which he had not thought about.

It's just chilling he wrote this in May this year.

Thanks for the laughter lol.

I think what drives me posting about this case is the fear that someone killed her and will escape justice.

It is so well planned if it was a murder. It evokes outrage in me.

I'm trying to post daily to keep the spotlight on this case. It's the most useful thing we can do.

Another interesting poem about his relationship. This from October 2019.

View attachment 350959

I think if we feel someone is our "soulmate" as claimed Monday then we love being together and would not crave space.

Different strokes for different folks but this is classic push-pull behaviour common with personality disorders such as Narcissistic or Borderline or Anti-social Personality Disorder.

Eg OJ Simpson, Oscar Pistorius etc etc. Charming, popular guys all, before they killed.

There's a popular book about this called "I hate you, don't leave me".

AdoraDelano this one's especially for you.

He wrote this in 2019. I forgot to check the month.

View attachment 350997
In English Literature class at uni this last poem could consume a day of analysis.

The last 2 lines are the most disturbing.

But the middle part is also:

"Where we use other people
While loving our things"

One could say the poem is both biographical and also a commentary on society. Yet I don't view most of society as being "addicted to hate" so as a social commentary, in my opinion, it does not hold.

Everything he writes seems to speak of a troubled mind.
When she first was reported missing he speaks of the woman who helped him to be able to feel. To me, his outpouring was one from someone who already had written her off as ‘gone for ever’. I would have expected him to say things like’ we desperately need to find her’ ... or ‘she might be injured somewhere.. I’m so worried’ etc. Instead he just spoke of what a wonderful person she was. Like he’d already processed her death.
If he is guilty then it certainly fits the borderline personality disorder description.
I think the observations about Esthers comment ‘perhaps I can see you’ are interesting. I thought it an odd comment but you are right it might indicate she thought he was on his way.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tilly what do you think of the poems?

I am far too serious and wrapped up in this case so thanks to those of you pointing it out in a lighthearted way.

It's a good wakeup call. I'm not normally consumed by such heavy stuff.

Everything he writes seems to speak of a troubled mind.
When she first was reported missing he speaks of the woman who helped him to be able to feel. To me, his outpouring was one from someone who already had written her off as ‘gone for ever’. I would have expected him to say things like’ we desperately need to find her’ ... or ‘she might be injured somewhere.. I’m so worried’ etc. Instead he just spoke of what a wonderful person she was. Like he’d already processed her death.
If he is guilty then it certainly fits the borderline personality disorder description.
I think the observations about Esthers comment ‘perhaps I can see you’ are interesting. I thought it an odd comment but you are right it might indicate she thought he was on his way.
Just spot on in every way.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.