Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A list of famous cases involving charming, pleasant-appearing, socially adept men who have killed their partners:

(Yes Chris Watts is not charming but he was very much liked by their friends & family)

(List incl mistresses)

- Chris Watts & Nicholl
- Chris Kerrell - mistress not identified
- Scott Petersen & Amber Fry
- OJ Simpson - tons of GFs
- there are lots more

I think I've found the place he is housesitting.

https://www.workaway.info/en/host/555993249314#

View attachment 351244

View attachment 351245

In May 2014 (the year DC & ED began travelling) a person called Esther stayed with the same couple on their farm.

She wrote a review & they wrote one of her. It seems this person stayed with them solo at the time.

View attachment 351247

View attachment 351248

They state yoga is one of the perks of staying there as a housesitter.

They have a daughter called Jacqui.

I wonder if she is single?
Good find Johara🧐
It would not be a surprise to find it is our Esther

Everything I have written here at tattle Life is ‘just my opinion’ and may bear no relation to the facts of this case. I repeat everything is my opinion only!
feel I have to say this and I feel we should always stress this 😕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I see DC as a failure that likes to see himself as some sort of wise man. He failed at an academic career (which isn't cut throat, it's quite relaxed and rewarding) so decided to phrase that as getting out of the rat race. He (through no fault of his own) has significant physical weaknesses due to his bowel condition and he seems to gain income from flaky and unstable means. His writing shows he thinks he is bright but he's overly affected and self absorbed.

All a recipe for a lot of anger and other issues in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Speculation is good but also can be part of the enjoyment someone is taking from this desperately sad situation. I agree that the psychology is interesting, I'm doing a psychology degree myself at the moment. Would be good to see any sources of the information they find and claims they make. Also how do you know Johara is a she??
Hope you’re enjoying the degree! I did one a few years ago and really enjoyed it . Well, the majority of it .. I seem to remember some of the statistical research was hard work!!!
I’m just guessing that J is female from things she / he has said!! Are you doing the degree from home?

I’m off now ... I have this compulsion every morning to go out and get a coffee. I could make one at home but I need to get out the house !! See you later...

I will be checking in throughout the day of course🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hope you’re enjoying the degree! I did one a few years ago and really enjoyed it . Well, the majority of it .. I seem to remember some of the statistical research was hard work!!!
I’m just guessing that J is female from things she / he has said!! Are you doing the degree from home?
yes, but i'm only at the beginning which is really quite slow. I'm doing it through Open University as I work part time with 2 kids. Applying things we learn to real life situations like this one are enjoyable. I'm not looking forward to the statistic bit, numbers are not my strong point.

I'm waiting for Johara to pop up with some amazing post, where are you Johara ????

Reactions: 2
Johara liked a post of mine at 3am so I suspect there still sleeping, I also read a post that they said they had joined here to discuss the case I think websleuths had to delete a lot of posters and they came here
I like to read there opinion and I think We should be careful to not try to corner them everyone’s opinion should be welcome And as this unfolds we will know more im sure
I totally understand, they are putting an awful lot on here and I know that this site is also heavily moderated. I think a thread needs to be opened about cold cases/missing people etc. Its fascinating area of interest. The media often give a very biased opinion of what is happening, people's opinions are refreshing.

I totally understand, they are putting an awful lot on here and I know that this site is also heavily moderated. I think a thread needs to be opened about cold cases/missing people etc. Its fascinating area of interest. The media often give a very biased opinion of what is happening, people's opinions are refreshing.
There is a thread of missing people and cases you want to be solved on here it’s under the off topic section :)
I too am really Intreasted in missing people as People don’t just go missing do they as so many missing people don’t even make the headlines , but it’s a great thread to read, enjoy :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes I agree that a lot of people on this thread have come over from websleuthes because it is so heavily moderated and you're unable to discuss DC's potential involvement over there.

People over on WS are really invested and it's a different style of writing/posting, it's as if they are really invested in trying to solve the case by digging out facts etc. I think that's maybe where the difference and confusion has come from

I'm interested in everyone's opinion

Reactions: 10
Yes I agree that a lot of people on this thread have come over from websleuthes because it is so heavily moderated and you're unable to discuss DC's potential involvement over there.

People over on WS are really invested and it's a different style of writing/posting, it's as if they are really invested in trying to solve the case by digging out facts etc. I think that's maybe where the difference and confusion has come from

I'm interested in everyone's opinion
Yes - agree -I arrived from Websleuths - wasn't kicked out but definitely felt too restricted... open discussion is to be encouraged as long as it doesn't harm anyone. But just find this case so interesting especially as DC and Esther have a lot of videos and stuff out there on public view which means we can really get a feel for their characters. Also Esther could be any of us and I want her to be found. Like wit all of us, whatever they have posted on social media is what they are happy to have in the public domain - there's likely to be a whole lot that they wouldn't be happy sharing (as with us all I imagine)

Its funny but when I first saw some videos of E and DC - I found them both to be slightly irritating (almost too good to be true) - like little children who had opted away from responsibilities in the real world. However, the more I saw the more I began to like Esther

I apologise then, I had no idea about the Websleuths site. Its fascinating how much of their life is published isn't it. I don't get the need to play life out for all to see.

Reactions: 5
It’s usually the ones that are unhappy that feel they have to put a different picture of their life out there for all to see, sad.

Reactions: 7
I apologise then, I had no idea about the Websleuths site. Its fascinating how much of their life is published isn't it. I don't get the need to play life out for all to see.
No I dont really understand how you can even live life if you are constantly getting the camera out and posting.

It’s usually the ones that are unhappy that feel they have to put a different pict of their life out there for all to see, sad.
Yes I think you are right there - the trouble is many people get depressed thinking that these people with picture perfect lives are the norm.
Probably quite the opposite...

In fact I think I prefer reading about the people whose lives are imperfect -makes me feel normal :D

• Heart
Just bringing this comment across form another forum as I think it reflects something we were discussing here and for me, it's an interesting thought.

"I am looking to ED to see what clues, if any, she may have provided around the time of her disappearance.
On that basis:
On 21st Nov, in a brief discussion with a stranger, Mr. Ballarin, mention of Luchon was clearly at the forefront of her mind.
In two separate subsequent summits to Sauvegarde on 21st and 22nd Nov, ED selected radiantly, carefree smiling poses to send via mobile / social networking.
In each of the selected poses, ED is standing to the side, giving centre pic focus to the valley town of Luchon.
A picture with only her walking poles propped against a boulder, with Luchon again immediately behind in the distant background, is also selected.
In addition to the pictures, Luchon is mentioned, emphasised with an exclamation mark, as well as the specific words “Maybe I can see you!!”” emphasised with a double exclamation mark.

Luchon definitely meant something to ED, imo - and she seemed to spend most of the 22nd hiking in the lower walking areas before going up Sauvegarde, almost as an afterthought. Perhaps she had arranged to meet a person(s), they had been delayed and being a clear sunny afternoon, she decided to take in the summit ? If a new ETA had been arranged and she knew a person(s) was on their way to meet up with her, she probably would not be too concerned.

I feel a person(s) hiked up from the Luchon valley to rendezvous with ED in the Sauvegarde region and arrived under cover of darkness. I have an impression of what may have subsequently occurred, but I cannot say as it may reveal an identity of a person(s). "

• Heart
Even if he had nothing to do with it, he’s a real pseudo-intellectual isn’t he?
Why do you say ‘pseudo-intellectual’ petitspois? He does have a first from Oxford, a doctorate and was an academic.

I can't answer for petitpois but academic qualifications make you knowledgable)expert in the specific subject that they was studied. Some of the dumbest people I've met have degrees/masters etc.

I can't answer for petitpois but academic qualifications make you knowledgable)expert in the specific subject that they was studied. Some of the dumbest people I've met have degrees/masters etc.
Excuse my 'dumb' typos 🤪

Excuse my 'dumb' typos 🤪
Yeah for sure can still have no common sense despite being intellectual or be a very academic-type person who might appear odd to everyone else but they just see the world differently.

Just seen a news story that says she may not be found for five years as they suspect she slipped on a part of the mountain which was icy ... may sound dumb here but why can’t they go and search that area then? Rather than leave her :( surely a big search team and all the equipment would be safe?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I got the warning back in April 2020, its an indefinite warning, but doesn't say what for. Any hoo ...

Johara, it has occured to me you know so much about this case, almost details that none of us would know. Wouldn't surprise me if you were DC himself. He seems to enjoy the attention he's getting, and how much joy you got with my posts previously, "succinct clangers" strange wording when you could of just said, interesting post. ;)
I love your posts.

Its all about risk management. Search and rescue teams can't put themselves at risk. For example if she's fallen in a crevice its unlikely that they can safely retrieve her.

Just seen a news story that says she may not be found for five years as they suspect she slipped on a part of the mountain which was icy ... may sound dumb here but why can’t they go and search that area then? Rather than leave her :( surely a big search team and all the equipment would be safe?
Trixabelle they plan to search again "in Spring" according to msm.

But the French & Spanish cops also plan to meet this coming week I think they said.

It will be their first face to face meeting. It shows commitment.

They plan to discuss strategies etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.