Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking back to his early life as a boy who always had to plan ahead and control or manipulate things to an extreme level... that will be engrained in you for life, surely. He must have felt so alone and never able to relax.
then meeting a lovely soul like Esther at uni .. both suffered from depression. Then eventually going off in isolation for 6 years in a camper van. It would be likely that if and when one started to need something else, the other would panic.
he gave the impression to police that he wanted to settle whilst she wanted to continue to roam. That may not have been the case at all. We only hear what he says and what he wants us to think.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Everything he writes seems to speak of a troubled mind.
When she first was reported missing he speaks of the woman who helped him to be able to feel. To me, his outpouring was one from someone who already had written her off as ‘gone for ever’. I would have expected him to say things like’ we desperately need to find her’ ... or ‘she might be injured somewhere.. I’m so worried’ etc. Instead he just spoke of what a wonderful person she was. Like he’d already processed her death.
If he is guilty then it certainly fits the borderline personality disorder description.
I think the observations about Esthers comment ‘perhaps I can see you’ are interesting. I thought it an odd comment but you are right it might indicate she thought he was on his way.
Peggy everything you said about him speaking of her as though she was gone is true.
Visually for me that awful sepia gallery of photos of her with the chemo hair wrap was an affront. Obituary style. It made me angry.

I studied Art at school so perhaps visuals impact me harder.

am far too serious and wrapped up in this case so thanks to those of you pointing it out in a lighthearted way.
So am I .. can’t stop thinking about it. It’s so interesting to look at the personalities involved. I hope we are wrong and that Esther is out there somewhere. I think there are so many chips on his shoulders

Thinking back to his early life as a boy who always had to plan ahead and control or manipulate things to an extreme level... that will be engrained in you for life, surely. He must have felt so alone and never able to relax.
then meeting a lovely soul like Esther at uni .. both suffered from depression. Then eventually going off in isolation for 6 years in a camper van. It would be likely that if and when one started to need something else, the other would panic.
he gave the impression to police that he wanted to settle whilst she wanted to continue to roam. That may not have been the case at all. We only hear what he says and what he wants us to think.
They literally drag you away from your support system. It's a hallmark of their behaviour.

Let's not romanticise a 6-year trek in remote areas of Europe.

Let's call it what it was. He took her away from her family and friends. Yes she went willingly but trouble only begins when you are isolated.

Firsthand experience of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I definitely think she went up that mountain late in the day so she could meet someone ( him) and I’m wondering if she was pleased to do that or apprehensive. How she was feeling.

• Heart
I definitely think she went up that mountain late in the day so she could meet someone ( him) and I’m wondering if she was pleased to do that or apprehensive. How she was feeling.
She was both.

Hope alternating with fear.

Take it to the bank. I recognise too many patterns.

Reactions: 2
Tilly what do you think of the poems?

I am far too serious and wrapped up in this case so thanks to those of you pointing it out in a lighthearted way.

It's a good wakeup call. I'm not normally consumed by such heavy stuff.

Just spot on in every way.
I haven’t thought anything yet, I’m still trying to work out who you are talking to, can you please quote a comment separately it makes confused reading when they’re all bunched into one 😳

Reactions: 1
I have not mentioned PTSD or GAD.

Highly relevant here.

In my opinion ED was suffering from intense PTSD. GAD is what PTSD sufferers get if they get no trauma counselling. It coexists with intense prolonged PTSD.

Just watch that video of him & her all subdued and standing behind him again. Nerves on edge.

Reactions: 3
They literally drag you away from your support system. It's a hallmark of their behaviour.

Let's not romanticise a 6-year trek in remote areas of Europe.

Let's call it what it was. He took her away from her family and friends. Yes she went willingly but trouble only begins when you are isolated.

Firsthand experience of this.
Yes, isolate from support system giving him total power to be both her enemy and saviour. I imagine a rollercoaster for her ? When I watched that video of them in which he talks for the majority of time.. I just saw Esther as this ‘anxious to please’ person.. always darting her eyes towards him to make sure he was ok. She perhaps was on constant alert to his moods. If that is the case , how refreshing it must have been to get her own space away from him where she coul relax and clear her head. I’m sorry you’ve had the experience of being with someone like this Zohara but it has given you all this insight !!

• Heart
I haven’t thought anything yet, I’m still trying to work out who you are talking to, can you please quote a comment separately it makes confused reading when they’re all bunched into one 😳
Glad you raised that. No idea why all my posts get bunched together.

Can you advise how to write individually to each person without it gathering other posts into the mix?

Yes, isolate from support system giving him total power to be both her enemy and saviour. I imagine a rollercoaster for her ? When I watched that video of them in which he talks for the majority of time.. I just saw Esther as this ‘anxious to please’ person.. always darting her eyes towards him to make sure he was ok. She perhaps was on constant alert to his moods. If that is the case , how refreshing it must have been to get her own space away from him where she coul relax and clear her head. I’m sorry you’ve had the experience of being with someone like this Zohara but it has given you all this insight !!
Thanks Peggy. I never think of that person except when there is a case like this or Oscar's. It doesn't live with me in the present usually. Far gone. And short lived luckily.

But it does trigger intense protectiveness of their female victims.

Yes the same happens to me.. although we write independent posts it seems to bunch it all up as one. Odd. :unsure:

I'm just so worried the evidence is too cleverly hidden.

My biggest hope is that there is another woman. And the cops find her. That is a hallmark trait of Borderlines & NPDs.

Fear of abandonment leads them to gather "insurance policies" in terms of backup "mothering".

That's what women are to them. Substitute mothers.

I bet he secured another backup love interest. Because it's what they do.

And if police investigate his village activities going forward and his electronic activities they will find her.

It's not evidence but it could provide motive as per Chris Watts - another numb character/PD

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yes.. me too. I like justice to be done so I really hope this isn’t left open ended. If they do have a clue and have a good idea about what may have happened.. then they can maybe make whoever did it sweat and make an error somehow. Sorry finding it hard to articulate what I mean due to tiredness!!

As per Chris Watts - such an amiable, affable personality prior to killing his wife & toddlers - his mistress divulged how he portrayed his relationship very differently to how it was/how his wife saw it.

That caused police to grill Chris Watts till he broke.

Cherche la femme - Find the other woman - as the French like to say.

This has Chris Watts vibes to it.

For all we know such a woman gave him a lift from the village to Luchon and is covering for his whereabouts if he told her he went to "break up" with ED.

These PDs tell lies about their partners to gain sympathy from potential new love partners.

If she exists. The likelihood is she does. We'll see.

Yes.. me too. I like justice to be done so I really hope this isn’t left open ended. If they do have a clue and have a good idea about what may have happened.. then they can maybe make whoever did it sweat and make an error somehow. Sorry finding it hard to articulate what I mean due to tiredness!!
Peggy, the village of Arreau has some attractive restaurants etc. It's not hicksville as I thought.

Odds are there are some single attractive women there.

Google Arreau restaurants. Very upmarket branding.

Arreau even has restaurants in the Michelin guide.

What are the odds of a pretty French waitress or chef catching the eye of lonely DC prior to or during the month ED was away?

I am raising this because PDs are as predictable as tortoises.

They all do the same things.

French police need to find her like the Colorado police found Chris Watts's lover.

Screenshot_2020-12-18_022344.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-18_022335.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
A list of famous cases involving charming, pleasant-appearing, socially adept men who have killed their partners:

(Yes Chris Watts is not charming but he was very much liked by their friends & family)

(List incl mistresses)

- Chris Watts & Nicholl
- Chris Kerrell - mistress not identified
- Scott Petersen & Amber Fry
- OJ Simpson - tons of GFs
- there are lots more

I think I've found the place he is housesitting.

https://www.workaway.info/en/host/555993249314#

Screenshot_2020-12-18_032515.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-18_032536.jpg

In May 2014 (the year DC & ED began travelling) a person called Esther stayed with the same couple on their farm.

She wrote a review & they wrote one of her. It seems this person stayed with them solo at the time.

Screenshot_2020-12-18_032332.jpg

Screenshot_2020-12-18_032343.jpg

They state yoga is one of the perks of staying there as a housesitter.

They have a daughter called Jacqui.

I wonder if she is single?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Great thread I’m enjoying reading, I know she was spotted by someone but I’ve convinced myself he killed her somewhere else and posted those pictures himself on her phone I hope I’m wrong and she’s ok but like most ppl I really don’t trust / like or take to him at all

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Couple of thoughts

Could DC of written Esther's supposed posts on instagram, they shared an instagram account and a Facebook one? He seems talented per se in writing. The photo's could be old and it could be used as a distraction for what has actually happened.

From what the lady who saw the man sleeping in Esther's van said, it was well know that Esther was there, so the fact she was a lone female could of attracted anyone with a sinster motive.

She was fiesty, given the cctv from the shop when she was having trouble buying chia seeds, and a fellow English speaker had to intervene and help

If DC was so possessive of her, would he of let her out on solo trips

If she was an experienced hiker, she would of taken GPS equipment etc, so she was safe, but maybe DC is the only one that knew she had this. If so, has he disposed of it somehow.

Her mother describes her as an open book, so whatever she was planning would of been obvious.

I suspect something sinister has happened to her unfortunately - she's decided she couldn't carry on and has jumped from the mountain herself, she has encountered someone else who has pushed her or she is hiding somewhere.

I was also curious as to where the original posters of this thread are, they have disappeared

Also what is a B12 warning??? I've got one and I don't know why and I can't find anywhere on this site to tell me.

Thanks

If it weren’t for that Vigo sighting at 3 pm i was convinced that some posts on her phone had been made by ‘someone else’...
but I can’t see why Vigo and gf would lie or make an error. Ti me, their sighting of Esther means that she made posts up until 22 nd at 3 pm. But I did think the post regarding meeting the kind fellow hiker was written in a different manner to her previous posts.
I also thought at one time that that post referring to meeting a kind fellow hiker provoked DC.

So interesting what Johanna says about DC potentially having another female ... you have made me realise that we only see the tip if the iceberg... there could have been so much more happening behind the scenes which led to something happening!

Couple of thoughts

Could DC of written Esther's supposed posts on instagram, they shared an instagram account and a Facebook one? He seems talented per se in writing. The photo's could be old and it could be used as a distraction for what has actually happened.

From what the lady who saw the man sleeping in Esther's van said, it was well know that Esther was there, so the fact she was a lone female could of attracted anyone with a sinster motive.

She was fiesty, given the cctv from the shop when she was having trouble buying chia seeds, and a fellow English speaker had to intervene and help

If DC was so possessive of her, would he of let her out on solo trips

If she was an experienced hiker, she would of taken GPS equipment etc, so she was safe, but maybe DC is the only one that knew she had this. If so, has he disposed of it somehow.

Her mother describes her as an open book, so whatever she was planning would of been obvious.

I suspect something sinister has happened to her unfortunately - she's decided she couldn't carry on and has jumped from the mountain herself, she has encountered someone else who has pushed her or she is hiding somewhere.

I was also curious as to where the original posters of this thread are, they have disappeared

Also what is a B12 warning??? I've got one and I don't know why and I can't find anywhere on this site to tell me.

Thanks
Yes what is this warning .. who issues it. I haven’t got one but do we need to be very careful about what we say here? 😳

So much to think about

• Heart
If it weren’t for that Vigo sighting at 3 pm i was convinced that some posts on her phone had been made by ‘someone else’...
but I can’t see why Vigo and gf would lie or make an error. Ti me, their sighting of Esther means that she made posts up until 22 nd at 3 pm. But I did think the post regarding meeting the kind fellow hiker was written in a different manner to her previous posts.
I also thought at one time that that post referring to meeting a kind fellow hiker provoked DC.

So interesting what Johanna says about DC potentially having another female ... you have made me realise that we only see the tip if the iceberg... there could have been so much more happening behind the scenes which led to something happening!

Yes what is this warning .. who issues it. I haven’t got one but do we need to be very careful about what we say here? 😳

So much to think about
on a different thread, there was someone who was quite a prolific poster who kept being "removed", each time she created a new profile they would find her and remove her. Its almost censorship in a way. But also I suppose what we are saying here could endanger a legal case, so yes I agree, we need to be careful.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.