Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Yes - if someone decided to harm her - then pushing her off the side of the mountain would be a means of doing this which would not enable anyone to detect how she had fallen, I suppose.

I think he could have set out to get nearer to her even earlier than 21st - if he was getting very agitated.. wouldn't his rage have been building up for a few days or longer
This is horrifying but sounds so likely.

Reactions: 2

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Johara liked a post of mine at 3am so I suspect there still sleeping, I also read a post that they said they had joined here to discuss the case I think websleuths had to delete a lot of posters and they came here
I like to read there opinion and I think We should be careful to not try to corner them everyone’s opinion should be welcome And as this unfolds we will know more im sure
I totally understand, they are putting an awful lot on here and I know that this site is also heavily moderated. I think a thread needs to be opened about cold cases/missing people etc. Its fascinating area of interest. The media often give a very biased opinion of what is happening, people's opinions are refreshing.

AlanB

Even though I have found his actions to be EXTREMELY disturbing both before and during the investigation at this point I can't see now how it can be Mr. Colegate. If his cell/laptop/cc have been checked and he did it then they will either definitively incriminate him or be shown to be disturbingly silent at the house-sit.
The fact that the Police still seem to show no interest in him as a suspect and allow him to roam round the mountains strongly suggests that neither case is true. It is still possible that Ms. Dingley was killed by person or persons/unknown but that seems to me to be highly unlikely - I think now that accident/suicide are the most probable causes of death.

Johara

An interesting post on DC instagram about "being left behind" on May 10th.

View attachment 350945

Those left behind do the grieving
Those left behind clean the stains.
Those left behind take the beating,
Those left behind feel the pain.

Below his poem he speaks of his illness in 2013.. And how alone she felt at the time. Which he had not thought about.

It's just chilling he wrote this in May this year.

Thanks for the laughter lol.

I think what drives me posting about this case is the fear that someone killed her and will escape justice.

It is so well planned if it was a murder. It evokes outrage in me.

I'm trying to post daily to keep the spotlight on this case. It's the most useful thing we can do.

Another interesting poem about his relationship. This from October 2019.

View attachment 350959

I think if we feel someone is our "soulmate" as claimed Monday then we love being together and would not crave space.

Different strokes for different folks but this is classic push-pull behaviour common with personality disorders such as Narcissistic or Borderline or Anti-social Personality Disorder.

Eg OJ Simpson, Oscar Pistorius etc etc. Charming, popular guys all, before they killed.

There's a popular book about this called "I hate you, don't leave me".

AdoraDelano this one's especially for you.

He wrote this in 2019. I forgot to check the month.

View attachment 350997
In English Literature class at uni this last poem could consume a day of analysis.

The last 2 lines are the most disturbing.

But the middle part is also:

"Where we use other people
While loving our things"

One could say the poem is both biographical and also a commentary on society. Yet I don't view most of society as being "addicted to hate" so as a social commentary, in my opinion, it does not hold.

Johara

I haven’t thought anything yet, I’m still trying to work out who you are talking to, can you please quote a comment separately it makes confused reading when they’re all bunched into one 😳
Glad you raised that. No idea why all my posts get bunched together.

Can you advise how to write individually to each person without it gathering other posts into the mix?

Yes, isolate from support system giving him total power to be both her enemy and saviour. I imagine a rollercoaster for her ? When I watched that video of them in which he talks for the majority of time.. I just saw Esther as this ‘anxious to please’ person.. always darting her eyes towards him to make sure he was ok. She perhaps was on constant alert to his moods. If that is the case , how refreshing it must have been to get her own space away from him where she coul relax and clear her head. I’m sorry you’ve had the experience of being with someone like this Zohara but it has given you all this insight !!
Thanks Peggy. I never think of that person except when there is a case like this or Oscar's. It doesn't live with me in the present usually. Far gone. And short lived luckily.

But it does trigger intense protectiveness of their female victims.

Pippa M

VIP Member
POor Esther.
I still feel someone jumped out at her and said boo and she fell.
It gives me shudders to think about.

Money rules so of course there has to be a donation fund and we will never know what happened to the money so I am passing on it.

FCQ

Just found this thread recently and after lurking decided to join. I've been following this case since Ester Dingley went missing.

Did you ever get a reply from the lady in India?

Someone noted that vehicles can drive up to Refuge de Venasque (or a nearby refuge. I was speed reading so could be wrong about which). There is a possibility ED accepted a lift. It would explain why dogs could not trace her movements forward.
I think it was one of the other ones, I don't think you can get a car up there at the Refuge de Vanesque.

It’s gone quiet here!
im still thinking third party involved...
I think suicide.

How do you reply? I can only see Like or Quote so all my replies are being put into one message.

Last edited:

Johara

This reads like there was no GPS picked up from her phone since it was on flight mode, not like she had a separate GPS tracker.
Most likely - one less item to carry.

You can use your Whatsapp account on another phone.

It's annoying how these posts get bundled.

That was done as a separate post.

NEW POST - hint to Tattle devs.

Hypothetically one could leave one's registered phone at home.

Having added one's whatsapp account to a 2nd phone.

If you look at the job specs for housitting ads in Haute Pyrenees most require wood chopping & outdoor tasks.

So one could feasibly go off to the forest to chop firewood or a similar lengthy activity, making sure to be seen setting off, but actually travel to Luchon in 1hr.

Then it would take 4-5hrs hiking to get to ED.

One could call her from one's other phone. Different sim card & phone.

Whatsapp would be the same.

A person could be close by to ED on the mountain, end the call, surprise her & flip the phone to flight mode.

Imagine cops trying to get the alibi of someone who was "chopping wood" in the Arreau forest for several hours? Not easy.

And if that person's phone was at home, even more difficult.

Last edited:

Showmethemoonie

Chatty Member
Do you think Dan has superior skills to mountain rescue/search teams?

I don't.
Search & Rescue stopped looking for Esther a long time ago. They have limited resources and their aim is to find people alive which there is no way she would have been after a few days in those conditions.

petitspois

VIP Member
I think he has made a very elaborate plan to killer her. I really hope he was somehow thwarted and she is safe somewhere. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

He rates himself and a great intellect, hence the publicity and high profile but his bubble of self importance will be popped soon enough.

• Heart
If she was killed by bf then I don’t think it was premeditated. I believe a situation would have escalated to intense anger and something awful occurred. There is a discrepancy between him saying that rumours as to discontent / breakup in the relationship were salacious nonsense and Laura’s account of Esther reporting a breakup. DC would never have known that Esther had discussed a breakup with a fellow hiker. The investigating police would have immediately found that discrepancy disturbing.

I do, but as he is officially 100 miles away I just don't see how he gets round the technology (cell/laptop/cc) problem without the Police knowing.
But we don’t know what they know. He could’ve travelled on 21st / 22 nd and gone back home by late 23rd, and all would seem normal til the alarm was raised. He then travelled back and searched alone. At that point she was just missing so not suspected as being killed. He didn’t wish to search with them for a reason. They probably had no cause to track him at that stage. IMO.

Last edited:
Yet he couldn't be away from Arreau too long as he needed an alibi for the week.

True! On the cold preserving evidence.

Kev do we know for sure she didn't?

Perhaps the perpetrator switched it off as per her phone on flight mode?

After all DC claimed this week she had the best hiking gear etc.
Regarding the phone in flight mode - what do we know about that exactly? (sorry I had read something referring to this but haven't taken much notice of it until now). Do we know for sure it was turned to flight mode and when? Thanks!

Just thinking that she was last seen by Vigo at 3pm ascending the mountain. The next known event was her sending the photo from the summit at 4pm to Dan (although anything via social media etc is not reliable as someone could have done this on her 'phone). She looks genuinely happy in that photo. When did she meet the perpetrator do we think? If she had arranged to meet DC that day (hence explaining her late climb) then I'm thinking she arrange to meet possibly at summit or refuge that day..
Dan alerts she is missing on 27th (I think that is correct date.).

Just had a glance over at Websleuths and have brought this comment over by a member who I think was also of the opinion she may have been harmed by someone. Obviously over there we were unable to discuss openly these views!!

'My feeling is that Luchon holds the key and that there was somebody there – or on their way there – that ED was keen to meet up with. We know that LE have cleared her B/F, so who else could it be ? My original thought on this matter was that her mention of a kind male hiker on the 19th, prompted the B/F to visit her, but it is back to the drawing board on that one. Still puzzling though over her Instagram pictures of the 21-22 Nov, with ED (and her walking poles propped against a boulder), all showing Luchon in the background, accompanied with the words : “Maybe I can see you!!”. ''

Last edited:

petitspois

VIP Member
I can't imagine that a kind, decent, sensible person - as Esther has been described by those who know her - would ever vanish on her loved ones.

She is mature, responsible and popular with friends. Her aunt said the family suspect kidnapping (or worse) because they know her character.

As to the rope, yes.

This concept of people running away from their lives seems to have become accepted since the movie Gone Girl.

In reality I can't recall a case of a woman choosing to run off. A few men yes. Not women.

Unfortunately in about 90% of all cases of missing people there tends to be an insurance policy and/ or another lover on the partner's part.
I agree but there’s still a part of me that thinks he might have been a very controlling/cruel man, hence the need to escape and not yet leave.

Mustard

VIP Member
How did they make enough to live on? If housesitting, then that wouldn’t be expensive if they went through somewhere like Trusted Housesitters. They’d need money for food and petrol etc.

SvenS

Her yellow tent is missing. If she has had an accident, what happened to it?
Even a lightweight tent is one of the bulkier pack items, so it's often strapped to the outside. Her pack was 58L, which is a fair size, but not as big as the usual 70L packs for multi-day trekking. So it's possible the tent was knocked off the pack in a fall.

The other possibility is it was abandoned as the terrain got challenging. It's very difficult to navigate steep terrain with a heavy pack. So it's possible she chose to remove some non-essential items from the bag. The options for pitching a tent in such terrain would be extremely limited, so it would really have been quite useless.