Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
My 1st thoughts too.
Really awful spot.

A murderer with any intelligence can't afford the tent being found.

Body fluids. If as sleepy lemon suggested, it was used to carry her body.

They'd love to wedge it somewhere to stop the talking point but they can't.

Catch 22.

I'd love a journalist to ask him on camera:

"Why did you only sound the alarm 2-3 days after your last communication?"

Him: "blah blah."

Journo: "But there's only a small area without cell signal. Surely that doesn't translate to 48hrs or more no comms?"
I don't think he dragged her body there, he got her to walk there and then whacked her and shoved her down cliff face. They were both comfortable standing on edges to take photos, the question is when did it happen? He probably stayed with her overnight and then at first light got her to walk there for the views and did it. what time does sunrise there at the time?

Reactions: 3

Johara

Just seen a news story that says she may not be found for five years as they suspect she slipped on a part of the mountain which was icy ... may sound dumb here but why can’t they go and search that area then? Rather than leave her :( surely a big search team and all the equipment would be safe?
Trixabelle they plan to search again "in Spring" according to msm.

But the French & Spanish cops also plan to meet this coming week I think they said.

It will be their first face to face meeting. It shows commitment.

They plan to discuss strategies etc.

Johara

Oscar Pistorius. Reeva Steenkamp. Deja vu.

I have a friend who heads a huge company today. She looks like a model, is very clever and competent.

Sharp as a whistle, excellent at dealing with people and sussing them out.

You would not believe me that she showed me photos of clumps of her hair pulled out of her scalp & her face with bruises.

I would never have believed it. Except she showed me photos.

Today all is well. She laid the restraining order, got counselling, married happily.

It happens to people you'd never believe it did.

It wasn't her IQ or her strength that failed her. It was the "poor injured boy inside". Maternal instinct.

I only got emotional torture in my encounter luckily. He is a black belt. And my encounter lasted months not years. Both his adopted parents died within months of each other so he had to fly to his country and arrange funerals. I got a mental breather.

The solo hike was ED's breather.

Interesting wording on his justification message 'my only goal is to help them do what they need to do as quickly as possible'.

Shouldn't his only goal be to find his girlfriend safe and sound?

Unless he knows a little more than everyone else, about where she is right now.
Great catch!
Indeed.

Yes - I see what you mean. It did have to be premeditated

My bowel incontinence journey: growing through adversity | ERIC

I was reading this earlier and shows how he learnt from early on to plan, be meticulous, solve problems..
Yes. He had to learn to plan from a young age.

Just like Oscar...

Last edited:

Jackson18851964

So Dan is resuming the search for Esther when the police say she is clearly not on the mountains anymore. I feel more and more convinced now that Esther has fled from Dan, away from his control freakery and possessiveness. It is obvious now after these many months, that nothing was found that would suggest it was an accident, no debris or human remains or clothing, equipment. Esther was planning to leave Dan and quietly slipped away to Spain or France, unseen incognito. The lack of evidence or foul play suggests she voluntarily left of her own volition. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

SummerSky

I've stumbled on this blog that has a very detailed timeline of media articles and posts.
Intriguing blogger. "Scarlet" looks a lot like Esther.

She seems to be Dutch because she titled it Koude kaas - cold case in Dutch.

A relative with a very sad, sweet face.

Either way Scarlet, we're with you.

If it weren’t for that Vigo sighting at 3 pm i was convinced that some posts on her phone had been made by ‘someone else’...
but I can’t see why Vigo and gf would lie or make an error. Ti me, their sighting of Esther means that she made posts up until 22 nd at 3 pm. But I did think the post regarding meeting the kind fellow hiker was written in a different manner to her previous posts.
I also thought at one time that that post referring to meeting a kind fellow hiker provoked DC.

So interesting what Johanna says about DC potentially having another female ... you have made me realise that we only see the tip if the iceberg... there could have been so much more happening behind the scenes which led to something happening!

Couple of thoughts

Could DC of written Esther's supposed posts on instagram, they shared an instagram account and a Facebook one? He seems talented per se in writing. The photo's could be old and it could be used as a distraction for what has actually happened.

From what the lady who saw the man sleeping in Esther's van said, it was well know that Esther was there, so the fact she was a lone female could of attracted anyone with a sinster motive.

She was fiesty, given the cctv from the shop when she was having trouble buying chia seeds, and a fellow English speaker had to intervene and help

If DC was so possessive of her, would he of let her out on solo trips

If she was an experienced hiker, she would of taken GPS equipment etc, so she was safe, but maybe DC is the only one that knew she had this. If so, has he disposed of it somehow.

Her mother describes her as an open book, so whatever she was planning would of been obvious.

I suspect something sinister has happened to her unfortunately - she's decided she couldn't carry on and has jumped from the mountain herself, she has encountered someone else who has pushed her or she is hiding somewhere.

I was also curious as to where the original posters of this thread are, they have disappeared

Also what is a B12 warning??? I've got one and I don't know why and I can't find anywhere on this site to tell me.

Thanks
Yes what is this warning .. who issues it. I haven’t got one but do we need to be very careful about what we say here? 😳

So much to think about

• Heart
Yes, over on web slews they are discussing this. They had split, again apparently, and she didn’t think they would get back together. It sounds like, from her Facebook that she was the injured party, perhaps he,DC was seeing someone else. Reading her past posts, it may have happened last time she took off on her own. Perhaps he cheats? All the crying over sad songs she wrote about, sound like me when I was comtemplating forgiving my partner yet again for yet another fling. Stress she mentions, emotional, so yes, another development. And don’t forget, in the dossier, DC doesn’t reveal all the text to her from him. Probably all the usual, forgive me yet again and come home. All seems to fit now. She may have been very distraught and had an accident from that. .. or taken her own life.
The sun and daily mail both report her female friend saying she wasn’t eating on their last hike and discussed that they had split for a break from each other.

Rhona

I can't answer for petitpois but academic qualifications make you knowledgable)expert in the specific subject that they was studied. Some of the dumbest people I've met have degrees/masters etc.

Excuse my 'dumb' typos 🤪
Yeah for sure can still have no common sense despite being intellectual or be a very academic-type person who might appear odd to everyone else but they just see the world differently.

Reactions: 2

Johara

From BBC's Science Focus:

"Tracking dogs follow the scent trail of a particular individual, which is mostly skin cells because they are heavy enough to fall to the ground and mark the route."

"Air-scenting dogs ... will find any human that’s not their own handler.
They’re trained to find a human within a large area when there isn’t an initial point to pick up a trail from.

Air scenting dogs... follow volatile and aerosolised particles that can be carried several miles in the air.

These particles comprise a mixture of natural human secretions such as sweat, body odour and pheromones, as well as artificial smells from deodorant, perfume, make-up and clothing.

They work by following the ‘scent cone’ that spreads from the search target, on the wind. But scents will also cling to undergrowth as the target brushes past, which can sometimes even allow dogs to find targets that are downwind of them.

SummerSky

If the killer returned her bones to the area... then why?

It was a dumb thing to do. So what motivated them?

Is there a life insurance policy?

Johara

Reminds me of Great Expectations. But in reverse.

DC as Pip but deciding to call it off. Instead of Mrs Haversham with her aftermath cake.

"after Dan’s operation, when he was lying on the couch eating pieces of discounted Christmas cake they had bought for the wedding. The nuptials had to be canceled because of the health scare, and even today they have not managed to get married."

Be good to know more about what type of depression he has e.g. Bipolar etc involves ongoing recurrence.
As you say, similarities with Oscar ... I'm guessing that DC could be a lovely guy at times (he comes across as very nice on some of their videos),
but at times he may have demonstrated evidence of a multitude of issues .JMO. iF SO, Esther would have been on a rollercoaster...and the good times kept her there.

If they have been on the road for 6 years then maybe both knew they could not lead a normal settled life for fear of exposing the bad bits. They were stuck in their bubble. Esther's posts referring to her fears and anxieties ..make me wonder . she doesn't elaborate on them... it soudns like she may been struggling.... .
Rollercoaster.
Chronic fatigue.
Living with an unstable person.
Could not lead a normal white picket fence life.

Yes.

I didn't even consider suicide.......but I didn't know about her facebook page (probably cos I don't do it myself) If she was going through some deep soul searching, well that sheds a different light on things. I know people have said that she wanted to continue travelling, while Dan wanted to settle down more, so.....heck I don't know. I hope she isn't selfish enough to just leave everyone (including her own family) to pursue whatever it is she is looking for. Its been done before by people, so its not impossible I suppose, but still....gosh I don't know what to think now.

Wonder what took this woman so long to come forward? I mean Esther went missing in November, this is the middle of Jan, so why take so long to say "oh by the way, I saw her and she was xyz" Or did the papers have this for a while and just sit on it?
Think they sat on it. Perhaps as advised by police.

I feel that if the British police are joining the search for her there must be some evidence that she’s been attacked or something. Surely they wouldn’t need police from 3 different jurisdictions to search if they seriously thought it was an accident or whatever. I also find it very suspicious that the boyfriend is saying he thinks someone else has been involved. Yep, probably you then mate.
I think maybe DC , I.e. the boyfriend feels responsible for her suicide? She was on a break from him according to the friend she hiked with during the break and she said she didn’t think she would get back with him this time. Cheating on her perhaps, which is why he is so keen to say they were happy, cos he drove her to suicide? I’ve suspected this for a while. Her Facebook is sad and soul searching as she said, so not happy, despite his insistence they were, think he protested so much it was obvious.

SvenS

I remember at the time he did "his own search" (in inverted commas because of the arrogance of it) he stayed at the Venasque Refuge.
I think that is exactly what I would have done. Once the police had done the forensics on the hut, there's no reason for him not to stay there. It's the logical base for conducting a search. The police have said there was no evidence of her staying in the refuge, so they must have done some due diligence.

As for conducting his own search, I can also understand that. He had his own opinion on the likely scenario, which seemed to rely on her not deviating from her planned route. Perhaps the SaR team had a different opinion regarding the priority of areas to search.