Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
True but surely they would have mentioned it? The team trying to find her have been quite quiet about anything happening.
But how can they say suicide or not until they have found a body? They can't mention something they don't know yet..

Her boyfriend seems to think she has been abducted though, which does seem quite implausible to me but I guess he has access to information not known by the general public.

By suicide, are you meaning to have jumped off something? Wouldn’t it have been more likely to have found/spotted her body if this was the case?
I’m not fully clued up on the details, so unsure the extent of helicopter searches etc. I just thought if she’d jumped, then surely her body would be much easier to find than if it had been hidden?
I think if you wanted to commit suicide high in the mountains in the middle of winter you could just find a quiet hidden spot and go to sleep and let hypothermia take you away.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Not much new in there, it looks to me like he's saying "it's got nothing to do with me, someone else has done it". Just as an aside, if someone had managed to "take her away" they've still got to do something with her so that she is not found, I'm no expert ;) but I doubt it's that easy plus how many "types" like this go hiking looking for victims and in the evening. We never seem to hear directly from her family.

Reactions: 6
Not much new in there, it looks to me like he's saying "it's got nothing to do with me, someone else has done it". Just as an aside, if someone had managed to "take her away" they've still got to do something with her so that she is not found, I'm no expert ;) but I doubt it's that easy plus how many "types" like this go hiking looking for victims and in the evening. We never seem to hear directly from her family.
I really struggle with the idea of a stranger murder/abduction in Esther's case. I can't imagine the top of a mountain is a particularly common place, like you say, to go looking for someone to bump off :unsure:

Reactions: 10
I really struggle with the idea of a stranger murder/abduction in Esther's case. I can't imagine the top of a mountain is a particularly common place, like you say, to go looking for someone to bump off :unsure:
I think her boyfriend is suffering from 'magical thinking' where he has convinced himself that something completely unlikely has happened as his mind can't deal with the trauma of accepting she is gone.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Anyone else still think he's done it? I just don't find him convincing at all.
I don't think he did it directly, but I do think it was likely suicide which maybe was to do with relationship issues. Why else would he be so (unconvincingly) vocal about how wonderful and committed their relationship was instead of just focussing the appeals on finding her. So I do think he has enormous guilt but not because he did anything to her first hand.

Reactions: 8
I don't think he did it directly, but I do think it was likely suicide which maybe was to do with relationship issues. Why else would he be so (unconvincingly) vocal about how wonderful and committed their relationship was instead of just focussing the appeals on finding her. So I do think he has enormous guilt but not because he did anything to her first hand.
Yes it appears that the most important thing he wants to say is that how blissfully happy and together they were,.. but that’s not relevant , I’d be trying to find my partner, not trying to convince the world things were ok between us,.. I’d just be desperately trying to ask people to come forward with information,... why is that more important to him than finding her? I guess, like you say, he feels guilty because she went off for a reason, and I guess he was the reason,...

Reactions: 4
I wonder if the place the partner is staying at has been thoroughly searched. My Miss Marple mind wonders if she is being 'hidden' there.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the place the partner is staying at has been thoroughly searched. My Miss Marple mind wonders if she is being 'hidden' there.
Why? Why would he hide her there? What’s your theory? It’s a good new take on the subject? But I can’t see what that would achieve unless it’s one of those horrible locked in a cellar things?

I think it was suicide. She has a vacant look to her.
I think she looked more like she had problems,.. she had run away from real life for 6 years,.. real life being responsibilities that a 37 year old woman would normally have. Career, home, children, husband,.. it’s hard work but it’s what life is all about, the thought of being on holiday for 6 years, well, I don’t know anyone who would do that, .. and I don’t know why,.. home, family, community,.. we all enjoy those, but I guess she didn’t,. And with brexit, I think she was facing the prospect of having to do all that, which she didn’t want. Just a special sort of person who doesn’t thrive on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
New poster on this thread, I have been curious as to what happened to this lady, nearly 3 months on and no sign.
I have found this thread and all the different theories very interesting. Don’t really have anything to add other than to say for someone so “experienced” she didn’t seem to carry sufficient supplies/keep enough battery power/make sure she had enough daylight to reach her destination.

Reactions: 14
New poster on this thread, I have been curious as to what happened to this lady, nearly 3 months on and no sign.
I have found this thread and all the different theories very interesting. Don’t really have anything to add other than to say for someone so “experienced” she didn’t seem to carry sufficient supplies/keep enough battery power/make sure she had enough daylight to reach her destination.
I think the word "experienced" has been used to indicate "did it a lot", not necessarily "expert"!

Why? Why would he hide her there? What’s your theory? It’s a good new take on the subject? But I can’t see what that would achieve unless it’s one of those horrible locked in a cellar things?

Publicity?

Reactions: 5
In the back of my mind is a nasty suspicious creature with horns and a red cloak and a pitchfork....:devilish:

Seriously.I just vaguely wondered if the farmhouse/holiday house had been searched. The partner may have realised she was " cooling off " and he didnt want to lose her so when he realised she wanted to go away alone ...he hid her...to stop her leaving.

I am still hoping and praying for a good outcome,for her own sake as well as for her parents and family. Life will be on hold for all of them until there is news...not a nice situation at all.

Reactions: 1
In the back of my mind is a nasty suspicious creature with horns and a red cloak and a pitchfork....:devilish:

Seriously.I just vaguely wondered if the farmhouse/holiday house had been searched. The partner may have realised she was " cooling off " and he didnt want to lose her so when he realised she wanted to go away alone ...he hid her...to stop her leaving.

I am still hoping and praying for a good outcome,for her own sake as well as for her parents and family. Life will be on hold for all of them until there is news...not a nice situation at all.
Given that it's not even his farmhouse, it's almost certainly been searched and he is not even there at the moment I can't believe she is there.

Reactions: 2

I think she looked more like she had problems,.. she had run away from real life for 6 years,.. real life being responsibilities that a 37 year old woman would normally have. Career, home, children, husband,.. it’s hard work but it’s what life is all about, the thought of being on holiday for 6 years, well, I don’t know anyone who would do that, .. and I don’t know why,.. home, family, community,.. we all enjoy those, but I guess she didn’t,. And with brexit, I think she was facing the prospect of having to do all that, which she didn’t want. Just a special sort of person who doesn’t thrive on that.
Yep. Running away from life. They don’t get it over on the other site.... but I’m thinking he helped finish her off. His social media was silent for three days from her last contact with him. That’s a lot of time to drive from some isolated farmhouse, to a road by the trail, hike up to meet her and bam over the head with you. Push her into a ravine just as the snows start to blanket the world. Or under water.

Reactions: 3
If it was suicide though how would they have not found her?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.