Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else still think he's done it? I just don't find him convincing at all.
Yes! I've thought this for a long time now. Shame they won't even touch this theory over on Websleuths, although recently a few hints have been made.

Reactions: 5
Yes! I've thought this for a long time now. Shame they won't even touch this theory over on Websleuths, although recently a few hints have been made.
They can’t as he’s seen as a victims family, so they can’t criticise him.

Reactions: 3
They can’t as he’s seen as a victims family, so they can’t criticise him.
They are finally broaching this theory over on WS, albeit tentatively. IMHO it's the most logical explanation for what happened, plus the way he has tried to steer the narrative is very suspicious. He is desperate for us all to know how happy they were and keeps saying she can't have had an accident and someone else did it - why can't she have had an accident? It's what happens to everyone else who disappears up there, so why does he want us to think otherwise? And why isn't he out desperately looking for her right now? I would be. Same as the McCann's who never searched for Madeleine, also hired a PR firm and steered the narrative. Plus he had that weird BBC interview where he said "I loved her" and then corrected it to "I love her". I always found the interview they did about the person missing in the mountains strange (the one where they talked about the helicopter landing) - the coincidence of it - and I often wondered if that gave him the idea to do something, knowing he had the mountains to cover for him. I dunno, I could be completely wrong, and I hope I am. All JMO of course.

Edited to say, I know he conducted "his own search" but this is suspicious to me too as he wouldn't join the police one. And who knows if he was really searching, or if he was making sure his tracks were fully covered?

Reactions: 10
@AriaAria I totally agree. He seems very narcissistic which seems a big warning sign. Also, same re his own search - I’m surprised they let him do that, what if he was hiding or moving the body etc? There’s just something very suspicious about him.

Reactions: 6
@AriaAria I totally agree. He seems very narcissistic which seems a big warning sign. Also, same re his own search - I’m surprised they let him do that, what if he was hiding or moving the body etc? There’s just something very suspicious about him.
Yes agreed. And even the search that the police did - he was the one who gave them that info. He's the only one who knows her "plans", so what if he made that all up? Who knows where she was really planning to go next. And maybe he deliberately had the police search in the wrong area.

I always found it weird how he said she was meant to go stay in that refuge (the one she supposedly never made it to), yet he went and spent 2 nights there himself. Wasn't that the height of inappropriateness because couldn't he contaminate any small bit of evidence that could have potentially linked Esther to that refuge?

Reactions: 9
One further thought which in and of itself is a massive red flag to me - his last update on Facebook (dated 2nd Feb) is all about defending his theory that a third party was involved. He talks at length that he doesn't think it's an accident, that she didn't disappear voluntarily, that their relationship was solid (and those who said otherwise, including the police, are wrong). I have 2 thoughts about this - the first is, I find it very odd that his entire update is about "theories" and isn't plea upon plea upon plea to try to find her (because he is saying he thinks a third party is involved, therefore doesn't that mean she might still be alive?). Plus he really wants everyone to believe this third party is responsible. Now what that says to me is that IF she is ever found and it is clear that she was murdered, he is making sure he absolves himself of all suspicion and is putting the blame on this third party.

Reactions: 11
I agree, I can’t believe they’d let him search alone and I can’t believe even more that he’d want to? Like let’s just say she did have an accident, image how traumatized you’d be finding the body alone. I think he’s involved.

I agree, I can’t believe they’d let him search alone and I can’t believe even more that he’d want to? Like let’s just say she did have an accident, image how traumatized you’d be finding the body alone. I think he’s involved.
Yes very good point!

Reactions: 4
One further thought which in and of itself is a massive red flag to me - his last update on Facebook (dated 2nd Feb) is all about defending his theory that a third party was involved. He talks at length that he doesn't think it's an accident, that she didn't disappear voluntarily, that their relationship was solid (and those who said otherwise, including the police, are wrong). I have 2 thoughts about this - the first is, I find it very odd that his entire update is about "theories" and isn't plea upon plea upon plea to try to find her (because he is saying he thinks a third party is involved, therefore doesn't that mean she might still be alive?). Plus he really wants everyone to believe this third party is responsible. Now what that says to me is that IF she is ever found and it is clear that she was murdered, he is making sure he absolves himself of all suspicion and is putting the blame on this third party.
I think you could really be onto something here. So many red flags coming from the boyfriend. Plus the police have called off the search until Spring - if this was a murder/abduction scenario from an unknown assailant, there is no way they would stop investigating. Perhaps they are quietly gathering evidence. But having said that I do still think suicide in a hidden private place where she knew should could be at rest forever and not be found is the most likely explanation. I feel so sad for her mother - the statement she released was heartbreaking.

Reactions: 11
Now the winter seems to be mostly over,I hope the search continues very soon.
The fact that the police dropped the search seems strange to me,as they know how time and weather change evidence. So,I am afraid to think of what might have happened but feel sure the police know more than they publically admit to.

Reactions: 8
After reading all the posts and verifying whereabouts, the house sitter in France appears to go to Luchon, and Esther herself states, " I think I can see you" after all, Luchon is only an hour away from Pic de Sauvegarde by car. After the house sitter was told "I need a break from this relationship", Did he storm across in anger to deal with Esther? Push her to her death, maybe? and get back to House Sitting by dark? Left his phone at home, and used a burner phone?

Reactions: 7
After reading all the posts and verifying whereabouts, the house sitter in France appears to go to Luchon, and Esther herself states, " I think I can see you" after all, Luchon is only an hour away from Pic de Sauvegarde by car. After the house sitter was told "I need a break from this relationship", Did he storm across in anger to deal with Esther? Push her to her death, maybe? and get back to House Sitting by dark? Left his phone at home, and used a burner phone?
I think you are spot on, webslewuths won’t touch that theory

Unless someone is named as a person of interest you're not allowed to sleuth them. You're not even allowed to pass judgment about what the victim might have been doing, as that's against the 'victim-friendly' policy. It's certainly a strange place.

I wonder what was Dan's reaction to Esther saying, "taking a break" from their relationship. They had built up a website, published books, etc, I'm beginning to wonder if Dan panicked about the media ever finding out about their "relationship woes". Also, it worries me is Dan's own words from his book, “what was supposed to be a chance to rediscover our love of one another did, at times, seem to have transformed into a festering pit of mutual loathing”. Something tells me that phone evidence or text messages from Esther have not been revealed or disclosed to the public. My own view is that "SOMETHING IS OFF" and I can't quite put my finger on it. I truly am hoping Esther is alive and went incognito to avoid Dan and to quietly slip away into a French town or somewhere to start to build a new life away from Dan.

I wonder what was Dan's reaction to Esther saying, "taking a break" from their relationship. They had built up a website, published books, etc, I'm beginning to wonder if Dan panicked about the media ever finding out about their "relationship woes". Also, it worries me is Dan's own words from his book, “what was supposed to be a chance to rediscover our love of one another did, at times, seem to have transformed into a festering pit of mutual loathing”. Something tells me that phone evidence or text messages from Esther have not been revealed or disclosed to the public. My own view is that "SOMETHING IS OFF" and I can't quite put my finger on it. I truly am hoping Esther is alive and went incognito to avoid Dan and to quietly slip away into a French town or somewhere to start to build a new life away from Dan.
I don’t think she would have done that, she appeared from her Facebook to be too considerate, I think he found out she was going to leave him or had met someone else and he went to get her to come back and something bad happened between them. He had 6 days from 22nd to when he reported her missing, to go on the hour or two journey, or even hike or trail run there,.. to where the van was and follow her route,.. poor girl, I think the texts that have not been disclosed to the public should show that, and the police are hopefully working on it.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think she would have done that, she appeared from her Facebook to be too considerate, I think he found out she was going to leave him or had met someone else and he went to get her to come back and something bad happened between them. He had 6 days from 22nd to when he reported her missing, to go on the hour or two journey, or even hike or trail run there,.. to where the van was and follow her route,.. poor girl, I think the texts that have not been disclosed to the public should show that, and the police are hopefully working on it.
Just been perminately banned from websleuths because I keep saying the boyfriend did it. What is the point of the website if we can’t get to the truth?

• Wow
Just been perminately banned from websleuths because I keep saying the boyfriend did it. What is the point of the website if we can’t get to the truth?
I remember the Joanna Yeates threads where they were absolutely brutal to her boyfriend on WS - who of course turned out to be completely innocent. So I can kind of see why they have that policy now. What is it that has you convinced that the boyfriend did it in Esther's case? There is certainly something very off with his behaviour and heavy handed attempts to control the narrative. You make a very good point about him leaving it 6 days before raising the alarm. If my partner was walking in the mountains by themselves (even in the height of summer), if I hadn't heard from them in 6 hours, let alone 6 days I would getting very concerned, and after 24 hours I would 100% raise the alarm without hesitation!

Reactions: 10
Honestly it seems unfathomable to me that it wasn't him or he at the very least had something to do with it. He's written loads of stuff about hating her or resenting her etc, spoke about her in the past tense when she went missing, went off on his own search (cannot even believe that was allowed - IMO clearly tampering w evidence, hiding the body, whatever). Combined with the fact that she did lots of uncharacteristic things that day and things that an experienced hiker wouldn't do, I don't find it convincing at all that she simply went missing, committed suicide, someone else pushed her. More likely, he's so experienced hiking etc that he's managed to cover it up very well.

• Sad
  • Wow
spoke about her in the past tense when she went missing
Wasn't there a case where a reporter realised that the neighbour was doing this exact thing and that's how it led the police to suspect him?
It seems like a huge thing to ignore, especially with all the other stuff mentioned

Reactions: 7
Wasn't there a case where a reporter realised that the neighbour was doing this exact thing and that's how it led the police to suspect him?
It seems like a huge thing to ignore, especially with all the other stuff mentioned
Yeah there's been loads, we spoke about it a bit on here before. It's a big tell. I just really don't see how any other theory is convincing tbh, there is just too much about him that doesn't seem right at all

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.