Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what is happening ...seems a lot think it was the BF but we are only analysing what we think...have the police started a new search now the weather is better...or do they already know more than they tell..and are almost done with solving the case. Goodness,these things take soooooo long...

Reactions: 1
The Investigator has it spot on, from the 22nd, Dan had 6 days. He could have done ANYTHING. And he searched on his own, away from the rescue teams? What's he hiding???

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Note that when the boyfriend has been ruled out (E.g with Joanna Yeates and Sarah Everard) then the police publicly state this. I don’t see they have done this here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just had a peek over on the websleuths forum. Looks like the regular posters are thinking along the same lines about DC and were subtly discussing it, but they've all just been told off by a moderator! I guess we may never know the truth of what happened - even if Esther's body is found in the spring it will be hard to determine if it was the perfect crime or a simple accident. But sometimes people aren't found until decades later so this case may not be solved in our lifetimes, and it may just remain one of many mysterious disappearances in the mountains.

Reactions: 5
As with every missing person, every aspect of the case MUST be open to investigation. It may be Esther had an accident, maybe she went incognito to start a new life, maybe she was murdered. Maybe she'd had enough emotionally and committed suicide, we just don't know yet. It still beggars belief that DC had 6 days to notify LE and he went searching alone. The truth will out, eventually.

Reactions: 4
If he did do it and and the case carries on like this with no additional leads then he would have got off remarkably easily. Surely there would be sightings from people that might have seen him on the train or at toll stations or some other electronic evidence in this day and age?

Reactions: 3
As with every missing person, every aspect of the case MUST be open to investigation. It may be Esther had an accident, maybe she went incognito to start a new life, maybe she was murdered. Maybe she'd had enough emotionally and committed suicide, we just don't know yet. It still beggars belief that DC had 6 days to notify LE and he went searching alone. The truth will out, eventually.
I wish " eventually" would hurry up for her poor parent's sake, absolute torture for them waiting ...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Olive Press News Spain reports that Esther "[ED] had been set to return to the village of Benasque, in the Spanish part of the Pyrenees, after a four-week solo trek, three days before she vanished". Also, a fellow hiker who photographed her on the Pic gave her a lift back to her camper, in Benasque. Interesting. She didn't return to Dan in those 3 days.

Reactions: 2
Been re-reading newspaper reports, and this caught my eye. From the Olivepress.es website, "It is thought Esther was last seen by Spanish Olympic Skier, Marti Vigo del Arco and his girlfriend on November 22. About one hour after the encounter, Esther reached the mountain top and sent her boyfriend a selfie of her smiling from the summit."

This next paragraph un-nerved me as Dan was at an event in Gascony, 3 days later. and I quote, " That was the last time anyone heard from Esther, and boyfriend Colgate reported her missing three days later when she didn't show up at an event he was at in Gascony, southwestern France."

Firstly, why did Dan wait three days to declare her missing, when they have been in daily contact?
Secondly, where was Dan's movements in those 3 missing days?
Thirdly, Dan must have told Esther to meet him at the event in Gascony, France.

It appears Esther didn't want to go, or refused to go.

And NOTHING in the phone conversations about the event in Gascony.

Link : https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...as-images-on-social-media-suggest-say-police/

I have just found this new article, and Dan and Esther had planned a prearranged meeting on November 25.

" She would contact Dan on November 22 from the top of Pic de Sauvegarde via the application WhatsApp, sending a photo and saying that she planned to walk eight miles between Port de la Gléré and Port de Venasque before hiking down the mountains into Refuge Vénasque, in France, where she would spend the evening. This was the last time Dan would hear from her. When he went to their prearranged rendezvous on November 25, she was nowhere to be seen and authorities were notified."

I wonder where Dan and Esther planned their rendezvous? It doesn't sense. She was expected to meet him in Gascony, while he went to the prearranged rendezvous on Nov 25?

Link: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/02/the-bizarre-vanishing-of-esther-dingley/

Last edited:
I will have some answers from the psychic tomorrow. I asked the following 4 questions:

1. Did Esther know the person who murdered her? Had they met before?..

2. Does the killer live in France or Spain?

3. What approximate age is the killer?

4.What was their reason for killing her - sexual assault or?

Readings are expensive, questions are limited and there is a queue, so I chose my questions to narrow down the field of suspects.

She has already ruled Dan out.

I'm as openminded as anyone to the possibility Dan is responsible. Let's see what the psychic says. She answers in 24hrs.

Been re-reading newspaper reports, and this caught my eye. From the Olivepress.es website, "It is thought Esther was last seen by Spanish Olympic Skier, Marti Vigo del Arco and his girlfriend on November 22. About one hour after the encounter, Esther reached the mountain top and sent her boyfriend a selfie of her smiling from the summit."

This next paragraph un-nerved me as Dan was at an event in Gascony, 3 days later. and I quote, " That was the last time anyone heard from Esther, and boyfriend Colgate reported her missing three days later when she didn't show up at an event he was at in Gascony, southwestern France."

Firstly, why did Dan wait three days to declare her missing, when they have been in daily contact?
Secondly, where was Dan's movements in those 3 missing days?
Thirdly, Dan must have told Esther to meet him at the event in Gascony, France.

It appears Esther didn't want to go, or refused to go.

And NOTHING in the phone conversations about the event in Gascony.

Link : https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...as-images-on-social-media-suggest-say-police/

I have just found this new article, and Dan and Esther had planned a prearranged meeting on November 25.

" She would contact Dan on November 22 from the top of Pic de Sauvegarde via the application WhatsApp, sending a photo and saying that she planned to walk eight miles between Port de la Gléré and Port de Venasque before hiking down the mountains into Refuge Vénasque, in France, where she would spend the evening. This was the last time Dan would hear from her. When he went to their prearranged rendezvous on November 25, she was nowhere to be seen and authorities were notified."

I wonder where Dan and Esther planned their rendezvous? It doesn't sense. She was expected to meet him in Gascony, while he went to the prearranged rendezvous on Nov 25?

Link: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/02/the-bizarre-vanishing-of-esther-dingley/
Jackson that is info I've never seen before. That they arranged to meet in Gascony. Good find.

The Investigator has it spot on, from the 22nd, Dan had 6 days. He could have done ANYTHING. And he searched on his own, away from the rescue teams? What's he hiding???
Whoever killed her it is odd that he waited so long. I wonder what he is busy with now? Still blogging? I haven't looked at their social media for months.

Honestly it seems unfathomable to me that it wasn't him or he at the very least had something to do with it. He's written loads of stuff about hating her or resenting her etc, spoke about her in the past tense when she went missing, went off on his own search (cannot even believe that was allowed - IMO clearly tampering w evidence, hiding the body, whatever). Combined with the fact that she did lots of uncharacteristic things that day and things that an experienced hiker wouldn't do, I don't find it convincing at all that she simply went missing, committed suicide, someone else pushed her. More likely, he's so experienced hiking etc that he's managed to cover it up very well.
One thing we know for sure. Whoever killed her is very experienced at covering their tracks in the hiking environment.

If it wasn't him then I'm looking at others she met on the mountain. That includes the very fit Mr Ballarin and the manager of the refuge not too far away.

I asked about the killer's age to narrow things down.

The psychic replied:

1. Esther did not know the person. They had not met before.

2. It was sexual assault.

3. He lives in France.

4. He is 52 years old.

I get a followup consult on Saturday.

My next questions:

Describe his appearance.

What work does he do?

Where is her body? On the mountain or did this man give her a lift?

Any ideas?? If so please send.

What will be the most useful questions to ask her as followup? Ones that will help the police most.

Ideas welcomed. Max 8 questions. Willing to edit my list if someone has a brilliant question or two.

I think it will be slower to find the body than to find the killer with the right clues.

1. What work does this man do? (Thinking of the mountain & hotel staff...)

2. Does he live in Luchon or... (pinpoint village names)

3. Please describe the man's appearance

4. Please describe the man's car - colour and make.

5. Please give the man's name.

6. Please describe the man's home from the outside: number, colour, wall? landmark in the street outside?

7. Where did he hide Esther Dingley's body? On the mountain or off the mountain?

8. Please give some info that will help police the most.

I'm spending money on this.

If you care about Esther please pitch in with ideas.

I need to send my last questions to her by Saturday.

Last edited:
Do you have any ideas for questions?

I'll send her answers to the tip line DC gave. Psychics aren't everyone's cup of tea but I can see no progress is being made in this case.

If nobody's interested in her answers I'll do this privately.

It’s interesting, but unless your psychic can tell you exactly where the body is, then I don’t think any of it will help the police at all.
They can’t just rock up to a 52 year old blokes house with zero evidence. And if someone calls with an anonymous tip as to where her body is, I’d imagine they’d suddenly become very interested in whoever left the tip, surely?

Reactions: 13
@Johara dont take this as me not being interested! I am just skeptical about how useful the information will be, knowing that you are paying privately for it.
Just trying to look out for you!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.