Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This odd but if he was indeed paranoid of her with someone else?
Could if he set up an fake person and used them to meet her then when she went off he knew she was looking elsewhere was drove him to jealously and maybe more....

Reactions: 3
Why is there no appeal to the public in the uk to organize a massive huge search , I know we are in the middle of a pandemic but finding a missing English woman is definitely essential travel so nobody would be breaking the rules ,, and I know for a fact there’s plenty of people in the uk who would be happy to assist in finding Esther , I know it might sound like finding a needle in a haystack because she was hiking on the Pyrenees, but she went missing in a very specific location on the Pyrenees ,, how could you sleep at night knowing a loved one’s freezing cold lifeless body is somewhere on a mountain , the partner used social media to sell books why not use it to appeal to the public to help him find his partner of 19 years ,,, it’s like she is literally been forgotten about ,, if anyone remembers the huge public assistance in rescuing the missing Thai boys in the cave that showed me humans will go to extraordinary efforts to help each other and there’s definitely hundreds of people who would help find this beautiful young lady , with the machinery and technology we have today it wouldn’t be too difficult if the right people were involved
Because it's winter and there is a lot of snow in the area where Esther disappeared - you would be asking people to risk their lives to possibly recover a body. I'm not sure why you say there should be a huge search to recover an 'English woman' surely it would be the same for a woman of any nationality? The Thai cave boys case is not a good comparison as they were all clearly alive and communicating with the rescuers.

I do agree that it is odd that there has been no further appeals by Esther's partner or by the charity that has taken on the case.

Reactions: 13
Because it's winter and there is a lot of snow in the area where Esther disappeared - you would be asking people to risk their lives to possibly recover a body. I'm not sure why you say there should be a huge search to recover an 'English woman' surely it would be the same for a woman of any nationality? The Thai cave boys case is not a good comparison as they were all clearly alive and communicating with the rescuers.

I do agree that it is odd that there has been no further appeals by Esther's partner or by the charity that has taken on the case.
Plus, it was clear in the Thai cave situation where they were and that they were obviously trapped. It's still possible that Esther might have disappeared of her own volition.

I think it's very odd indeed that the family are so quiet. The news articles and general press they received before she went missing would make it a popular story for news outlets so, personally, I am assuming the silence is due to something more complex.

Reactions: 11

Yes there are plenty of dead bodies up on the really high mountains around the world. Sometimes they are left until Spring and brought down once it is easier and safer. Sometimes they are left forever as they're just too hard to retrieve and they become landmarks! By now she is either well hidden away somewhere but likely safe, or she's dead somewhere and will be just as dead in Spring, that is the harsh reality.

Reactions: 8
A new sighting being reported in the sun this morning... Another hiker whom Ester asked for food, again... The hiker said she was curious as Esther was wearing short shorts and heading up the mountain despite only 2.5 hours left of daylight

It isn't warm there is it? I wonder did she have hypothermia? When you get that, people can feel warm and it is known they take clothes off and then freeze to death. Perhaps her body will be found near the top in the spring time when more hikers go out.

just seen this...
Where to start?
On their facebook page Dan said " Now that this is a formal police investigation I've been asked to let any future updates and comments come out via formal channels, which makes complete sense to me. "
So what has changed that he has now given some sort of interview to the DM and no mention of it on LBT Global.

I'm going to ignore that a lot of it is about him, how he feels, etc and leave that to others (with more expertise in the matter) to explore.

Where, then, is the 23 page dossier that " he hopes will help uncover what happened", it's not going to do much if it is secret!

He says " But the more we travelled, the less the physical adventures mattered as much as the fact we were DOING IT TOGETHER and living in the moment. " I don't buy the "doing our own thing" type of argument in the sense of her going out alone. It's not as if she went on a "girls weekend". She had been away 4 weeks, abandoned her duty of housesitting and leaving it to Dan, not very teamwork that. IMO all was not well.

He says his research has 3 possibilites: an accident, that Esther went missing on purpose, or that someone else harmed her; then later he completely discounts that she went missing on purpose.

He is determined that she isn't on the mountain and since he discounted the "on purpose" theory that only leaves 3rd party involvement, is he trying to tell us something?

He said: “I’d be focused on the task of searching, then the reality of why I was in the mountains would hit me and my legs would literally buckle.” So he is up there on his own (remember he didn't want to walk with the rescuers) and then collapses, no exactly ideal whilst another search and resuce is going on.

As he walked the trail he spotted hunters and fears Esther may have come into contact with an armed stranger. So he is saying that whilst the SAR were involved hunters were also up there? during lockdown, covid and a rescue attempt. I am not really pro hunting but I doubt they bump into you and shoot you! ah yes and leave no blood, no trace.

The comment from her mother looks like the old original one, so her mother and father aren't saying anything!

The last texts/messages

looks very contradictory to me. Previously the last "conversation" was from the pic ( "Esther specified her route from the summit we spoke on" from the LBT media release) now it appears that some texts were sent from the pic and then they "spoke" 35 minutes later around 16:00 which is the time we have previously been told she was at the pic. Sounds like the story is evolving to me.

Esther was supposed to be an experience hiker yet she is alleged to have sent " Hoping Refuge Venasque has a winter room. Keep you posted when can. Love you xxx ". She could have checked this on their site before setting off, I don't call that "experienced"

Dan claims the refuge has no sign in book, their site says it has but in any case how does he know the SAR didn't take it away?

He never mentions any phone battery problem!

And just to recap, where is this dossier?

maybe Dan's waiting to see what's said before altering "said dossier"

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
This is a really weird interview by Dan (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ees-rubbishes-claim-unhappy-relationship.html) there is absolutely no evidence that he mentions that it could be the case that she ran into a hunter. There was a pretty thorough search of the area including sniffer dogs which surely would have picked up the amount of blood that a (accidental or otherwise) shooting would have caused. I just wonder why he can't accept she is likely to have had an accident - is it a case of 'magical thinking' where he figures if she was abducted she may still be coming back?

This is a really weird interview by Dan (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ees-rubbishes-claim-unhappy-relationship.html) there is absolutely no evidence that he mentions that it could be the case that she ran into a hunter. There was a pretty thorough search of the area including sniffer dogs which surely would have picked up the amount of blood that a (accidental or otherwise) shooting would have caused. I just wonder why he can't accept she is likely to have had an accident - is it a case of 'magical thinking' where he figures if she was abducted she may still be coming back?
Just for clarification the actual interview was in the Mirror and all the others are just copying, sometimes giving credit (if that's the right word) to the Mirror and adding their own (made up) bits. I agree, no evidence of hunter involvement and also it's the first time it's been mentioned. You'd think the local police would know the local hunters (in fact they may even be in the hunt) and would have asked if they were up there and did they see/hear anything.

Reactions: 2
That article is really strange, everything he says comes across as over the top and fake to me, I can't imagine that if my loved one was missing and I didn't know where they were that I would speak like that.

Reactions: 4
I am sad for her parents and family and those who love her.I cant imagine any decent person inflicting this sort of fear onto a loving family. Something bad had happened but what.

Reactions: 9
Interesting dossier. I wonder why Esther made a point of saying there would be no phone signal when Dan found that there was when he retraced her steps. The timing of Esther's disappearance is just so strange - only one week after the piece appeared about them on the BBC and the day before she was due to finish her trip. If a third party was involved I wonder if they were following her movements via her instagram. The photos of the area in the dossier look quite desolate to me - I may be a wimp but I can't see the appeal of being somewhere like that on my own!

Reactions: 6
Oh! I just posted about her on the missing people/murder thread without knowing about this one. I just think Dan is utterly distraught and wants her back. Its heartbreaking, I feel for him and their families. I don't believe there is anything untoward going on, its more likely that a tragic accident happened.

Reactions: 4
This odd but if he was indeed paranoid of her with someone else?
Could if he set up an fake person and used them to meet her then when she went off he knew she was looking elsewhere was drove him to jealously and maybe more....
Any more updates about ED?

This story pops up on local news now and again. I found her to be vacant and distant from clips I’ve seen, I don’t think anyone except her is involved.

I noticed that their Youtube channel went from 68 subs to 122 since this happened. I doubt Dan will be updating there, or even filming anything. Nothing will be known or updated until they either come across her, or someone else comes forward with a sighting - and with lockdowns etc, that's pretty unlikely for now.

Reactions: 2
Her personal facebook is open, and I admit taking a peek. She comes across as being quite a deep thinking troubled soul and recently wrote about going through a difficult spell of soul searching - so it seem she wasn't as blissfully happy as her partner has been insisting. Which may be why the police came out and said that a 'voluntary disappearance' (which I sadly took to mean possible suicide) was an option.

It's such a mysterious set of circumstances, but I can see how someone could disappear with out a trace in that type of mountainous environment whether by accident or planned. I feel so sad for her family as in all probability she has been missing for too long now to be found safe and sound.

• Sad
I fear she might have " met someone " and done a disappearing act to start a new life. Or someone has hidden her somewhere,while everyone goes frantic with worry.Or she fell off a mountain. Or something.
I watch way too many who dunnits on tv so am slightly influenced by possibilities but I truly hope she is ok and will turn up unharmed soon.
As a parent I know how I would feel if it was my daughter....:cry: 😪

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.