Missing Blogger Esther Dingley #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a quick look at Dan's Instagram. The poems attached jumped out at me.

I included the most recent one again because I couldn't make out the word "beating" in the original SS. Interesting how he views her death as a "beating" to him.

The 2nd SS has an interesting comment from him underneath - he says "do you ever feel this way, confusing, isn't it" - so it's obvious he's talking about his relationship.

The other two are quite angry, discussing his relationship, I think, as he used the hashtag #relationshipquotes in one of them.

Make of these what you will.
All these poems were before her death, I.e. his last post was May 2020, so the 'beating' word couldnt be referring to her death surely?

All these poems were before her death, I.e. his last post was May 2020, so the 'beating' word couldnt be referring to her death surely?
This one also particularly stands out. It is almost as if he could be writing from Esther's perspective...

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Esther looks miserable and withdrawn in most of her photos and it was clear as day in the YouTube video.

Reactions: 6
If he did do it then why would he direct the police to her remains?
To make it appear like an accident?

This one also particularly stands out. It is almost as if he could be writing from Esther's perspective...
Awful. From the start, Dan has insisted he's inside Esther's head. For instance, he fixated on a trail that went in a loop through the Refuge de Venasque, even though the police said she'd never been there. He might well have delayed the all-out search to find her in the place she said she'd be, namely the Port de la Glère. He insisted she'd never go off trail. Well, news flash. He said she was communicative regularly. In fact, in the last few days, she chose not to be and she told Dan she would not be. She went so far as to tell him her phone would be in airplane mode. She stayed at the Cabane (possibly even 2 nights) when she could have got to an area with cell service. He insisted she'd never do anything other than match his idea of what she'd be doing. In those last few days, almost everything she did was precisely what he said she'd never do.
And here he is, typical, placing himself in her head, as though he owned her and spoke for her. She said no, and she'd had enough. Her self-death said as much. She didn't belong to him. He had no power, in the end, over her.
I think this was a suicide: she had no other reason to climb something as rugged, inapproachable, and fraught as the Pic de la Glère. Seriously, who goes up something like that with bald shoes, by themselves, and winter approaching?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I'm sorry but Dan sounds like a bleeping bleep and a fruitcake. No wonder this incident has happened. Can you imagine living with this fruitcake for years. I'm not suggesting whether he killed her or it was an accident but he may have been the reason this has happened. The guy is an absolute nutcase.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Oops my bad, sorry, thought that said May 2021 and not 2020.

You can't see the difference ???
You're right. I wrote in haste.

What I meant to say was:

It's clear these women know things that the papers aren't reporting. I'm sure they know where the stolen dogs are, and they probably know where the other bodies are buried. Perhaps they helped Dan move the bones. Do they have alibis for the 22nd?

• Haha
All these 'new members' ...and all saying they don't believe Dan did it. Can't be just me who's noticed. Hey Dan? 👀😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

What I meant to say was:

It's clear these women know things that the papers aren't reporting. I'm sure they know where the stolen dogs are, and they probably know where the other bodies are buried. Perhaps they helped Dan move the bones. Do they have alibis for the 22nd?
I get you think he’s innocent but all OP said was to also consider 1) the idea that Esther wasn’t happy and 2) the pretty normal concept of someone unhappy pretending to be fine to one person but eventually being honest with someone else. Youre making it clear you think that idea is ridiculous, by comparing it to an idea you also think is untrue, by insinuating that the women who found her to be depressed are making massive, inaccurate judgements. But what do you know more than them?

what’s ridiculous about the idea Esther could be unhappy? I think there’s evidence to suggest this, and even if there wasn’t it wouldn’t mean it’s not worth speaking about. To avoid the conversation entirely in the name of being completely and utterly kind to Dan seems unkind to Esther

Reactions: 9
Just had a quick look at Dan's Instagram. The poems attached jumped out at me.

I included the most recent one again because I couldn't make out the word "beating" in the original SS. Interesting how he views her death as a "beating" to him.

The 2nd SS has an interesting comment from him underneath - he says "do you ever feel this way, confusing, isn't it" - so it's obvious he's talking about his relationship.

The other two are quite angry, discussing his relationship, I think, as he used the hashtag #relationshipquotes in one of them.

Make of these what you will.
Eek those poems sound like they were written from her perspective as if he knew exactly what he was doing to her :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Eek those poems sound like they were written from her perspective as if he knew exactly what he was doing to her :(
Yep. This is the parasite part of the disorder. It blows the mind that some people "feed" off others' pain.

We just have to accept this is how they operate. But... it's vomit-inducing.

It's as though malignant narcs are venomous spiders. Eeking out poison bit by bit so as not to kill the victim (fly) outright (psychologically or other).

I wonder if he will give himself away in the end as he can't live without people knowing how intelligent he is, to get away with murder.

Reactions: 5

It's got to be said that whoever/whatever he is writing about it's a bloody good poem

However Esther died, I hope she didn't suffer too much. I've recently started hiking by myself local to me and the thought of something happening and being alone and unable to get help is a really frightening thought.

I know the police say they have ruled out any kind of foul play and it was an accident, but it is possible that they've got it wrong. No disrespect to the French police, but I watch and listen to a lot of true crime content and there are many, many example of police all over the world over looking evidence either by accident, laziness or even purposely sometimes. There are stories of evidence being so obviously right there, but it wasn't seen. Also, how thoroughly did they investigate Dan's alibi? This is all a possibility, right?

• Heart
However Esther died, I hope she didn't suffer too much. I've recently started hiking by myself local to me and the thought of something happening and being alone and unable to get help is a really frightening thought.

I know the police say they have ruled out any kind of foul play and it was an accident, but it is possible that they've got it wrong. No disrespect to the French police, but I watch and listen to a lot of true crime content and there are many, many example of police all over the world over looking evidence either by accident, laziness or even purposely sometimes. There are stories of evidence being so obviously right there, but it wasn't seen. Also, how thoroughly did they investigate Dan's alibi? This is all a possibility, right?
The police haven't ruled out foul play. They said it looks like a fall due to the autopsy showing 2 fractures. And because some of her belongings are scattered around.

But they are still conducting a month long forensic investigation into her skull and phone. An expensive exercise.

Their "Criminal Investigation Technicians" quoting their term for it, are still busy.

The police haven't ruled out foul play. They said it looks like a fall due to the autopsy showing 2 fractures. And because some of her belongings are scattered around

Their "Criminal Investigation Technicians" quoting their term for it, are still busy.
Apologies! Thought they had

Reactions: 1

What I meant to say was:

That took you a long time to come up with and I understand why - you didn’t have an answer so initially you just put a mocking emoji to a poster who commented on it.
Eventually you decided here to straw-man me by setting up something ridiculous and trying to associate that to the logic of what I wrote. It doesn’t work and the point still stands that Laura Adomaityte’s evidence is compelling.

initially I took your posts at face value because I thought it reasonable to ask for definitive proof - but your later posts show that you are just disingenuous…

Reactions: 4
Fascinating thread. The dynamic is so different on here from the rest of Tattle. Is it this fraught on Websleuths too?

Here’s a question that I’be not been able to find the answer to online and I was hoping you guys might know the answer…

Did Dan spot her remains from a distance and alert the authorities? Or did he physically get close enough to them where he could access them and her belongings?

The reason I ask is that I assumed it was the former and he’d spotted her body in a ravine or something below that was inaccessible without climbing equipment. However, some posters seem to be suggesting he moved the body or he found it so he could explain the presence of his DNA on it.

Reactions: 9