Missing Blogger Esther Dingley #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's because Tattle is almost the only place on the web where people can freely discuss Esther's disappearance. Youtubers aren't really doing anything on the tragedy (vs huge interest in Summer Wells), Twitter is quiet. Tattle is really it.
Yes I agree, I also think there are a fair few 'refugees' from Websleuths here who were driven from the Esther Dingle discussion threads there by over zealous moderation and some prolific posters' need to try and control the narrative there - where DC cannot be spoken of as anything other than a hero. I do think DC reads these forums, as parts of his dossier read as a point-by-point answer to things raised on earlier Esther Dingle Websleuths threads when the discussion there was a lot more free.

Reactions: 8
Yes I agree, I also think there are a fair few 'refugees' from Websleuths here who were driven from the Esther Dingle discussion threads there by over zealous moderation and some prolific posters' need to try and control the narrative there - where DC cannot be spoken of as anything other than a hero. I do think DC reads these forums, as parts of his dossier read as a point-by-point answer to things raised on earlier Esther Dingle Websleuths threads when the discussion there was a lot more free.
And that's the great thing about Tattle. There are posters from all different backgrounds, nobody controls the narrative and everyone gets a say. There are many perspectives, valuable ideas from fresh eyes and chat just flows.

Lol at "refugees".

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I realise that you have assembled here a crack team of armchair detectives, but even still, they will have a hard time analysing the "handwriting" of a font. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Good point. Very! I can see now it’s one of those handwriting-ish fonts. Doh!

A handwriting analyst on the first poem on the scrap of paper might be very interesting indeed. That doesn’t look to be a font.

The last line of his 3rd poem:

"We say we want love but are addicted to hate".

Pity the BBC never asked him about that!

View attachment 730361
For all Dan has claimed to have a great relationship with Esther, these self-indulging, violent, objets de Hallmark, testify to a nightmarish home front. Poor Esther to have had to endure someone like this for so long Before she figured out how to break free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
DC is a bad poet! I think we can all agree about that.

... or filled with joy in the mountains she clearly loved, dying suddenly of an accidental fall.

Do you really think it's likely he reads any of this?
That is a bit leading, she didn’t die suddenly in an accidental fall,… and yes your poetry is bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That is a bit leading, she didn’t die suddenly in an accidental fall,… and yes your poetry is bad.
Personally I don’t think the quality (or lack of it) of Mr. Colegate’s poetry and books is the issue, it’s what he actually says that is more to the point - it’s extraordinary and extremely revealing…

Reactions: 6
Apart from the smiley Sauvegarde photos on her last days, Esther looked draggy and miserable the last month, and she seemed so in her tête à tête in the mountain hut with the stranger who fed her. She looks intimidated and withdrawn in many mountain selfies where she appears with Dan. There's always that fake "faces leaned into each other pseudo intimacy" that you get with selfies. I wish we had more eyewitness statements from their Alpine trip about what she was like, but I guess she didn't get to mingle. How nice she had a chance to do this at the last.
Begging for fruit and other food may indeed have been a desperate way to connect when other avenues were closed to her. And, yes, a plea for help and nurture in so many ways.

Apart from the smiley Sauvegarde photos on her last days, Esther looked draggy and miserable the last month, and she seemed so in her tête à tête in the mountain hut with the stranger who fed her.
"I met her twice while I hiked with my dog," Noemi Alonso, a biologist who lives in Benasque, told ExplorersWeb. "Last time, we met at the Santa Ana’s Cabin [an open hut without a caretaker], where she spent the night. She told me she was headed for Salvaguardia Peak and asked the best way to reach the summit." The biologist found her cheerful and good company. "[She seemed] well-equipped and fit," Alonso said. About whether she might be depressed or sad, per some local rumors, Alonso replied, "Absolutely not! She looked very happy and motivated to me."

That is a bit leading, she didn’t die suddenly in an accidental fall
What do you know that the police, pathologists, and procureur don't?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Apart from the smiley Sauvegarde photos on her last days, Esther looked draggy and miserable the last month, and she seemed so in her tête à tête in the mountain hut with the stranger who fed her. She looks intimidated and withdrawn in many mountain selfies where she appears with Dan. There's always that fake "faces leaned into each other pseudo intimacy" that you get with selfies. I wish we had more eyewitness statements from their Alpine trip about what she was like, but I guess she didn't get to mingle. How nice she had a chance to do this at the last.
Begging for fruit and other food may indeed have been a desperate way to connect when other avenues were closed to her. And, yes, a plea for help and nurture in so many ways.
Oh that’s so sad,… I had a friend who had nothing but lovey couples photos on their walls, the perfect family!… always smiling on cue, no one could see the bruises on her back. She told me he used to kick and punch her in her back in the night. Luckily he died at 48 years old, …. years on she still jumps at the slightest thing and is always asking me for reassurance when me meet up on the tinniest thing, like a 5 year old,..

• Sad
Reactions: 10
"I met her twice while I hiked with my dog," Noemi Alonso, a biologist who lives in Benasque, told ExplorersWeb. "Last time, we met at the Santa Ana’s Cabin [an open hut without a caretaker], where she spent the night. She told me she was headed for Salvaguardia Peak and asked the best way to reach the summit." The biologist found her cheerful and good company. "[She seemed] well-equipped and fit," Alonso said. About whether she might be depressed or sad, per some local rumors, Alonso replied, "Absolutely not! She looked very happy and motivated to me."

I'll post this statement again because it was just before her death and I think that it is far more enlightening and clear than the one you have chosen to post :-

———————————-
“Fellow hiker, Laura Adomaityte, who met Dingley in a shelter several days before her disappearance, told The Times that the 37-year-old British woman told her she was "taking a break" from Colegate and "didn't know if they were going to get back together again."
————————————

I don't see much happiness in the relationship there, I suspect she was really struggling emotionally...

I'll post this statement again because it was just before her death and I think that it is far more enlightening and clear than the one you have chosen to post :-
One says that she was happy. Another says she wasn't. What makes one more enlightening than the other?

Reactions: 3
Personally I don’t think the quality (or lack of it) of Mr. Colegate’s poetry and books is the issue, it’s what he actually says that is more to the point - it’s extraordinary and extremely revealing…
Yes, it makes me terrified for Esther and what she must have been through for all those years. Imagine being referred to as someone who left a stain. Just repugnant.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
One says that she was happy. Another says she wasn't. What makes one more enlightening than the other?
You can't see the difference ???

In one somebody is drawing a general conclusion based on talking to a stranger, most people put on their best face in such a situation.

In the other just a few days before her death she is being EXTREMELY frank and direct about her relationship that has existed all her adult life. That is on a completely different level.

I am amazed that I am having to explain this to you...

Reactions: 11
You can't see the difference ???

In one somebody is drawing a general conclusion based on talking to a stranger, most people put on their best face in such a situation.

In the other just a few days before her death she is being EXTREMELY frank and direct about her relationship that has existed all her adult life. That is on a completely different level.

I am amazed that I am having to explain this to you...
Yes, it does seem quite astonishing that you have to elucidate the obvious.

Clearly, someone is trying to "control the narrative" on this forum, as on others. Thank gosh, there are perceptive and experienced posters on here who won't put up with being manipulated.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes, it does seem quite astonishing that you have to elucidate the obvious.

Clearly, someone is trying to "control the narrative" on this forum, as on others. Thank gosh, there are perceptive and experienced posters on here who won't put up with being manipulated.
perceptive and experienced? Or do you mean banished from Web Sleuths? Seems to have been an influx here recently. Whilst I agree that over policing of opinion on forums is detrimental, I’m starting to see why people have been asked to leave there.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We need to stop the witch-hunting, mudslinging etc or this thread will be locked, which would be a huge shame. There’s ways to disagree without making it personal or inflammatory. We’ve already had a warning.

Reactions: 9
If this thread got closed which is what narrative controllers hope for, we'd start another.

Esther's death is extremely fishy and Dan will no doubt be planning to profit from a book about it. Painting himself as a hero. Which he is not. He wrote about loathing her in a book for sale on Amazon.

Which reminds me... how's his "fundraising" going?

This is not WS where the owner can imply family guilt on Youtube while her forum posters get banned for doing so.

Whether it's a 5yr old child or a vuLnerable woman the public have the right to discuss their suspicions. The Madeleine Mccann days are over.

Last edited:
If this thread got closed which is what narrative controllers hope for, we'd start another.

Esther's death is extremely fishy and Dan will no doubt be planning to profit from a book about it. Painting himself as a hero. Which he is not. He wrote about loathing her in a book for sale on Amazon.

Which reminds me... how's his "fundraising" going?

This is not WS where the owner can imply family guilt on Youtube while her forum posters get banned for doing so.

Whether it's a 5yr old child or a vuLnerable woman the public have the right to discuss their suspicions. The Madeleine Mccann days are over.
£7564 so above the £5k he initially set.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Just had a quick look at Dan's Instagram. The poems attached jumped out at me.

I included the most recent one again because I couldn't make out the word "beating" in the original SS. Interesting how he views her death as a "beating" to him.

The 2nd SS has an interesting comment from him underneath - he says "do you ever feel this way, confusing, isn't it" - so it's obvious he's talking about his relationship.

The other two are quite angry, discussing his relationship, I think, as he used the hashtag #relationshipquotes in one of them.

Make of these what you will.

Attachments

• Wow