Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How far along are you? X
Supposed to be 9w6 but was measuring 6w3.
I’ve come to terms with the fact this will not be a viable pregnancy, as my symptoms are slowly subsiding, just heartbreaking that it is being dragged out for so long.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Supposed to be 9w6 but was measuring 6w3.
I’ve come to terms with the fact this will not be a viable pregnancy, as my symptoms are slowly subsiding, just heartbreaking that it is being dragged out for so long.
I’m so sorry. I went for a scan previously at 7w5d and was measuring 5w and that sadly ended in MC however my baby wasn’t growing/didn’t grow, so you may have some hope? Have you another scan booked?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry. I went for a scan previously at 7w5d and was measuring 5w and that sadly ended in MC however my baby wasn’t growing/didn’t grow, so you may have some hope? Have you another scan booked?
I have another scan in 2 weeks and we will finally know then if it’s a MMC or whatnot. Bearing in mind this has been in going for 5 weeks (they scanned me as soon as I found out I was pregnant as last one was ectopic) we just want it to be over, so we can prepare for either outcome

• Heart
I have another scan in 2 weeks and we will finally know then if it’s a MMC or whatnot. Bearing in mind this has been in going for 5 weeks (they scanned me as soon as I found out I was pregnant as last one was ectopic) we just want it to be over, so we can prepare for either outcome
That seems like such a long wait 😢 I hope you’re taking care of yourself and will be thinking about you. Hopefully it’s a positive outcome x

That seems like such a long wait 😢 I hope you’re taking care of yourself and will be thinking about you. Hopefully it’s a positive outcome x
Thank you. We are prepared for the worst. This is our 4th scan now, so I am at a loss to see how this can end in a happy result for us x

• Heart
I’m 8 weeks tomorrow! Had a scan last week and saw a little heartbeat 💓 our first one. Am super nervous about another MMC though. How are you?? Xx
That’s fantastic news ❤❤ Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.. It’s difficult being pregnant after loss but just take it one day at a time ❤

• Heart
I’m so sorry this has happened to you 😔 this thread has been really helpful for me as I still find it hard to talk about in person. Take all the time you need to come to terms with this and just know we are here for you ❤ Have they asked about how you want to proceed with next steps? I opted for d&c as I didn’t want to go through the trauma of passing the baby myself and I’m really glad I did but obviously do what you feel is right for you ❤ Have you got family/friends yiu can get support from?
@Cleola im assuming you accidentally reacted with a sick face to my post?

Found out today I have retained tisssue from my surgical management of my mc at 16 weeks. Feel gutted!! I knew there was something nk quite right, I was still bleeding heavy at weeks post surgey, rang and was told to give it another week! so rang at 3 weeks, went in today and the scan how a large amount of retained tissue and a clot. Was given 3 options, to take tablets and see if I pass it, MVA with gas and air or surgery under general again. Iv opted for surgery again and the thought of being awake for the procedure scares me to death! I’m getting such strong cramping though that I’ll be surprised if I make it to end of week when the surgery is booked for without my body trying to push it out! I feel so so fed up!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting but I don’t know where else to go. I’m booked in at the EPU for a scan on Wednesday but not sure I’ll make it to Wednesday.
I am 6 weeks today - had a bit of a bleed on Wednesday night (out of the blue) as the evening progressed this turned into old bleeding and settled. Saturday morning had a bit more but it was old bleeding (and only when I wiped) and Sunday I had more but it appeared to ease during the day although it was pink at times. Woke up in the middle of the night and I had pain in my ribs on one side - went to the toilet and had some pink bleeding but again all this bleeding was mainly when I wiped (aside from the spontaneous bleed on Wednesday) this morning it’s turned into more red bleeding but quite light red bleeding - mostly as before and only being apparent when I wipe. This bleeding eased and then has come back this afternoon. I wouldn’t say I’m in pain —although maybe some really mild discomfort. I guess I’m just looking to see if anyone’s had a similar experience and how that played out? Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting but I don’t know where else to go. I’m booked in at the EPU for a scan on Wednesday but not sure I’ll make it to Wednesday.
I am 6 weeks today - had a bit of a bleed on Wednesday night (out of the blue) as the evening progressed this turned into old bleeding and settled. Saturday morning had a bit more but it was old bleeding (and only when I wiped) and Sunday I had more but it appeared to ease during the day although it was pink at times. Woke up in the middle of the night and I had pain in my ribs on one side - went to the toilet and had some pink bleeding but again all this bleeding was mainly when I wiped (aside from the spontaneous bleed on Wednesday) this morning it’s turned into more red bleeding but quite light red bleeding - mostly as before and only being apparent when I wipe. This bleeding eased and then has come back this afternoon. I wouldn’t say I’m in pain —although maybe some really mild discomfort. I guess I’m just looking to see if anyone’s had a similar experience and how that played out? Thank you.
It’s hard to compare as everyone’s experience is different. I am going through a miscarriage now but I woke up on Saturday with cramps and bleeding. Was old/brown blood at first but got more red, heavier and more painful throughout the day. I then started passing clots/tissue.
Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts. If you don’t feel happy waiting until Wednesday, maybe call them and ask to be seen ASAP. Waiting is the worst part sometimes x

• Heart
So sorry you’re going through this (and @JSquared too).

When I had my MC, I had a small bit of pink blood once, then passed some clots/tissue (brown in colour) over the next 5 days, not constantly. Then the MC happened and it was heavy, red blood.

As JSquared said, everyone’s different. I’d also ring up and ask if you can be seen any sooner. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for a positive outcome x

When I had my MC at around 6 weeks, my bleeding started off as red spotting and 24 hours later was full red heavy bleed. While I was having the spotting I wasn’t in any pain but as the bleeding got heavier so did the cramps.
I’m so sorry your going through this. as previous poster said if you feel you can’t wait I would ring epu back and been seen sooner!
always here if you need a chat. Im just going through mc myself xxx

• Heart
I’m pregnant again after a miscarriage in December. Currently 6w5d and having some brownish spotting when I wipe. Obviously this is making me anxious but I also have really bad morning sickness and am throwing up and feel awful. Is the morning sickness a good sign or can you still have morning sickness while miscarrying? I’m worried that if this pregnancy isn’t successful, I’ll be put off becoming pregnant again. I had HG in my first pregnancy and I’m not really coping well now. Just started taking cyclizine but still feel awful. I do have a private scan later to see what is going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m pregnant again after a miscarriage in December. Currently 6w5d and having some brownish spotting when I wipe. Obviously this is making me anxious but I also have really bad morning sickness and am throwing up and feel awful. Is the morning sickness a good sign or can you still have morning sickness while miscarrying? I’m worried that if this pregnancy isn’t successful, I’ll be put off becoming pregnant again. I had HG in my first pregnancy and I’m not really coping well now. Just started taking cyclizine but still feel awful. I do have a private scan later to see what is going on.
Thinking of you ❤ Every pregnant is different so comparing to others will probably not help.. in my case I had a missed mc so still had all the symptoms of pregnancy and increasing HCG even tho there was no baby, but there will be so many women out there who have bled and still gone on to have a successful pregnancy. I really hope your scan goes well ❤❤❤

• Heart
Thank you everyone. Yesterday the bleeding continued like a light period but this morning jt has cleared up again. Hopefully will have a better understanding of what’s going on tomorrow morning x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thinking of you ❤ Every pregnant is different so comparing to others will probably not help.. in my case I had a missed mc so still had all the symptoms of pregnancy and increasing HCG even tho there was no baby, but there will be so many women out there who have bled and still gone on to have a successful pregnancy. I really hope your scan goes well ❤❤❤
Thank you for replying. I’ve been very fortunate and able to see a HB on scan today. The anxiety after a loss never leaves you, just keeping everything crossed now that everything goes well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5