Miscarriage/Baby Loss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, a lovely member pointed me in this threads direction.

I went to my routine 16 week app last Wednesday, the midwife tried to find heartbeat but couldn’t so sent me across to hospital for a a scan. Where it was confirmed babies heartbeat had stopped. I opted for surgical management and had the procedure on Monday.

This will be our third loss, we had a TFMR last January due to chromosome issues and then a MC at 6 weeks in the spring.

This was a rollercoaster of pregnancy, our NT fluid came back borderline high, and was an awful wait for the NIPT results, they did come back all clear. But we were going to have a fetal echo at 20 weeks, as they suggested it can be a problem with babies heart. So I can only assume their little heart just wasn’t strong enough.

This was an ivf pregnancy, as we suffer from male factor. We do one embryo left and another round our for. But we aren’t sure what we will do right now…. I scares me so much the thought of going through this all again.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I went to my routine 16 week app last Wednesday, the midwife tried to find heartbeat but couldn’t so sent me across to hospital for a a scan. Where it was confirmed babies heartbeat had stopped. I opted for surgical management and had the procedure on Monday.

This will be our third loss, we had a TFMR last January due to chromosome issues and then a MC at 6 weeks in the spring.

This was a rollercoaster of pregnancy, our NT fluid came back borderline high, and was an awful wait for the NIPT results, they did come back all clear. But we were going to have a fetal echo at 20 weeks, as they suggested it can be a problem with babies heart. So I can only assume their little heart just wasn’t strong enough.

This was an ivf pregnancy, as we suffer from male factor. We do one embryo left and another round our for. But we aren’t sure what we will do right now…. I scares me so much the thought of going through this all again.
I’m so sorry for your losses. Take care of yourself 💗

I’m so sorry for your losses. Absolutely devastating. I hope you have a good support network around you and take all the time you need to feel stronger again.

I’m so sorry for your losses. Absolutely devastating. I hope you have a good support network around you and take all the time you need to feel stronger again.
Thankyou, it’s all hit me like a ton of bricks today. Feel like I don’t quite know what I’m feeling from
One second to the next and what to do with myself

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My heart hurts…it’s happening again

I had a MC on Christmas day. I was lucky enough to conceive straight away without a period in between and couldn’t believe my luck, we even had a scan at 6 weeks and there was a little bean with a heartbeat. I should be 9 weeks today but I woke up feeling wet… I have been bleeding heavily all day and passing small clots, it’s happening again isnt it 😭💔 I feel like this cant be real why is it happening again 😭 EPAU cant fit me in for a scan until the 13th so I have an agonising wait for closure. I feel utterly hopeless, how can this happen twice in a row? What is wrong with me 😭💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

I had a MC on Christmas day. I was lucky enough to conceive straight away without a period in between and couldn’t believe my luck, we even had a scan at 6 weeks and there was a little bean with a heartbeat. I should be 9 weeks today but I woke up feeling wet… I have been bleeding heavily all day and passing small clots, it’s happening again isnt it 😭💔 I feel like this cant be real why is it happening again 😭 EPAU cant fit me in for a scan until the 13th so I have an agonising wait for closure. I feel utterly hopeless, how can this happen twice in a row? What is wrong with me 😭💔
Im so sorry your going through this. The 13th seems along time to wait to be seen. It just feels unbelievable doesn’t it when it happens again. We had our third last week… and I can’t stop thinking why us, what did we do wrong! Try and rest and take care of yourself. Had you told any friends or family about the pregnancy that you could talk to about what your going through?
be kind to yourself and just let yourself go through all the feelings. Sending you so much love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. There are no words I can possibly provide to make you feel better. Please take care of yourself and let yourself cry. Have you got a support system around you? You’re so strong and you will of course get through this but it’s so upsetting that you have to experience it again. I agree the 13th seems like a long time to wait, try calling them (or have a friend/family member try) and explain you need to be seen ASAP. Sending love x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Why does it always hurt seeing pregnancy announcements espically when the person would be due similar time to you!?
like it’s lovely news but why does it hurt so much!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Im so sorry your going through this. The 13th seems along time to wait to be seen. It just feels unbelievable doesn’t it when it happens again. We had our third last week… and I can’t stop thinking why us, what did we do wrong! Try and rest and take care of yourself. Had you told any friends or family about the pregnancy that you could talk to about what your going through?
be kind to yourself and just let yourself go through all the feelings. Sending you so much love xxx
Thank you and I’m so sorry you have suffered your third loss 💔 its just so unfair, sending you all the love and strength. Thankfully I have been open with this pregnancy so I do have a support system around me which is a godsend. Its just a lonely and hopeless experience x

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. There are no words I can possibly provide to make you feel better. Please take care of yourself and let yourself cry. Have you got a support system around you? You’re so strong and you will of course get through this but it’s so upsetting that you have to experience it again. I agree the 13th seems like a long time to wait, try calling them (or have a friend/family member try) and explain you need to be seen ASAP. Sending love x
Thank you so much for your kind words ❤ Thankfully I do and my friends and family are being amazing, it doesn't take the pain away but it helps. I begged with them and they said thats all they had, I asked them to contact me if they had any cancellations, I know there is nothing they or anyone can do to stop it, its just the feeling of limbo I hate x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you. Just waiting for blood test results. At the moment they have diagnosed ‘pregnancy of unknown location’ until they know more x

The nightmare that never ends. Luckily this pregnancy was not ectopic but went for a scan yesterday (my fourth one since I found out I was pregnant) and it seems I am measuring behind the 9 weeks I am supposed to be from my last period. Sonographer was not sure if it’s a missed miscarriage or if my dates are wrong (as baby had grown since my last scan two weeks ago). Back next Monday to confirm for sure. This must be what hell feels like, the waiting is agony.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why does it always hurt seeing pregnancy announcements espically when the person would be due similar time to you!?
I feel this - I would've been due next month and I've seen so many people announce they are due the same time.
Since my MC; I've had numerous friends announce pregnancy's, invite me to baby showers & give birth - so many women at work are pregnant too. They even did a 'Teams virtual baby shower' for a group of them - naturally, I declined the invitation.

It never stops does it? It feels so unfair - why them and not me?

Baby dust and mountains of it, to you all xx

• Heart
I feel this - I would've been due next month and I've seen so many people announce they are due the same time.
Since my MC; I've had numerous friends announce pregnancy's, invite me to baby showers & give birth - so many women at work are pregnant too. They even did a 'Teams virtual baby shower' for a group of them - naturally, I declined the invitation.

It never stops does it? It feels so unfair - why them and not me?

Baby dust and mountains of it, to you all xx
Its a lot isn’t it, just feels like constant reminders. I just feel like I’m constantly being left behind. It’s just gone three years we have been trying now. I see people who’s relationships are less time and they are having/had babies in the time we have been trying. It’s hard not to get caught up in feeling jealous!
It’s so hard not feeling the why them and not me…it is unfair though. It’s really really crappy and unfair!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi ladies ❤

Came across this thread and just wanted to send my love to each and everyone of you. I’ve read through the thread and my heart breaks for you all going through losses, have been through this myself prior to having my son and it’s a heartbreak that truly never leaves you. Just wanted to comment sending you all well wishes as I know it can be an extremely sad/upsetting time xxx

• Heart
It hurts. I was pregnant in November, miscarried on Christmas day, then a colleague at work found out she was pregnant at Christmas, she had her 12 week scan last week and all was perfect. I got pregnant again after her announcement and currently miscarrying AGAIN. It just doesnt make sense I’ve been pregnant before and after her and I literally have nothing to show for it 💔😭

• Heart
It hurts. I was pregnant in November, miscarried on Christmas day, then a colleague at work found out she was pregnant at Christmas, she had her 12 week scan last week and all was perfect. I got pregnant again after her announcement and currently miscarrying AGAIN. It just doesnt make sense I’ve been pregnant before and after her and I literally have nothing to show for it 💔😭
it’s just totally and utterly crap and unfair! Life can be so cruel! Sending you lots of love xxx

• Heart
A pregnancy announcement of a friend came as a shock on my timeline today.. so many people around me are getting pregnant on their first go. People are moving on and I feel stuck here waiting for my ‘should be’ milestones to pass.. I hate the fact that I feel jealous and bitter but the fact is after having multiple losses, I’ll never have the joy of feeling excited or confident when I get my BFP 😔 I’m sorry if I sound bitter.. I know I do.. I’d never say it anyones face but I just needed to share it somewhere. This week has been the hardest..

In trying to find some sort of positive, I was speaking to a colleague today and we both talked about our losses for the first time, both of us having no idea the other had gone through. It’s the worst group to be part of but I do find comfort talking to people who know the heartbreak of baby loss 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A pregnancy announcement of a friend came as a shock on my timeline today.. so many people around me are getting pregnant on their first go. People are moving on and I feel stuck here waiting for my ‘should be’ milestones to pass.. I hate the fact that I feel jealous and bitter but the fact is after having multiple losses, I’ll never have the joy of feeling excited or confident when I get my BFP 😔 I’m sorry if I sound bitter.. I know I do.. I’d never say it anyones face but I just needed to share it somewhere. This week has been the hardest..

In trying to find some sort of positive, I was speaking to a colleague today and we both talked about our losses for the first time, both of us having no idea the other had gone through. It’s the worst group to be part of but I do find comfort talking to people who know the heartbreak of baby loss 💔

You aren’t bitter, you are just heartbroken.
My friend was pregnant last year and I couldn’t bring myself to see her as her bump grew. I knew I was being unreasonable but it just hurt too much. She had had two losses herself so she got it but I felt awful.
Grief shows in different ways, sometimes you have to do what you need to protect yourself x

• Heart
Has anyone had the experience where their dates are off by a few weeks?! Had another scan today - baby has grown so they are unable to rule out a MMC or confirm if the pregnancy is viable. Another scan in 2 weeks to confirm.

Has anyone had the experience where their dates are off by a few weeks?! Had another scan today - baby has grown so they are unable to rule out a MMC or confirm if the pregnancy is viable. Another scan in 2 weeks to confirm.
How far along are you? X

We had our follow up with ivf clinic today. Hve been given the go ahead to start again after a natural cycle!! I’m so scare to try again but so desperately what the end result

• Heart
Reactions: 2