Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My parents got a 100% mortgage and paid less than Ā£15k for their house in 1982.

I remember my dad having some sort of brick phone when I was about 8. I got my first phone at 15, much later than my friends and it was only because I got the bus home.

Habbo Hotel! I love that.
Same as my parents! Bought their first house for Ā£11k. The house they live in now was bought in 1990 for Ā£33k. Itā€™s now worth nearly Ā£270k šŸ˜­

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Same as my parents! Bought their first house for Ā£11k. The house they live in now was bought in 1990 for Ā£33k. Itā€™s now worth nearly Ā£270k šŸ˜­
My mum and dad bought in 1997 for Ā£180k it is now worth Ā£975k šŸ˜© it is painful. And my mum says at the time they really pushed themselves for a mortgage too!

When they got married my dad put their bands on the credit card, it took her 2 years to pay off Ā£60 as they had one wage of Ā£250 a month as my dad was a student! Itā€™s crazy.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Born mid 80s. I have no savings. I feel like the cost of living just keeps rising and that I can't keep up with it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
On TikTok Gen-Z absolutely rip the piss out of millennials.

Saying all we talk about is ā€œadultingā€ and buying houseplants and that weā€™re obsessed with which Hogwarts house we belong to. I cannot relate to any of those :ROFLMAO:

But I can relate to probably never being able to afford a mortgage and my grandparents rubbing it in that they bought their terraced house for Ā£2K in the 60ā€™s šŸ¤”

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Saying all we talk about is ā€œadultingā€ and buying houseplants and that weā€™re obsessed with which Hogwarts house we belong to. I cannot relate to any of those :ROFLMAO:

But I can relate to probably never being able to afford a mortgage and my grandparents rubbing it in that they bought their terraced house for Ā£2K in the 60ā€™s šŸ¤”
Eventually itā€™ll be their turn to have the piss ripped out of them. Itā€™s a rite of passage at this point, each generation rips the piss out of the previous one. You gotta laugh really, humans are an odd speciesšŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Ah
1.I'm bad at being a real adult.
2.I'm in love with plants and felt sad about planting one outside, under a bush as I had her for so long, but I'm leaving soon and won't be able to take her with me on a plane.
3.Currently have HP chamber of secrets as an audiobook on my phone, along with the audiobook of the Kennedy curse. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights
I think itā€™s interesting - I was born 84 so just fall into millennials, but I would say identity politics has made things regressive and divisive!

Reactions: 9
'91 baby here. I've just turned 30. I really do think life was so much easier back in the early 2000's. Maybe it's just because we were all younger, but life just seems so odd now (covid aside). The price of living is just something else. I have never been so skint. As a kid, my mum was a single parent and we still managed holidays etc (she worked full time, as do I) - and I can't even afford holidays now (without mega mega saving). I part own my house, simply because I couldn't afford a mortgage.

Bring back the days of reading music lyrics from the back of a cassette tape, SMTV on a Saturday morning and Toys R Us!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Born 1991 - I am super defensive of the millennial generation. I'm also really sick of it being used as a word by people just to describe any lazy younger folk i.e. have heard someone complaining about the "ungrateful 13 year old millenials" ??

I enjoy avocado the same as I like many things but could happily live without it. One thing a lot of people my age seem OBSESSED with is brunch and going out for breakfasts which is something I do not connect with haha.

I remember doing GCSE coursework, that would have been in around 2007 I think and USB hard drives still being a relatively 'fancy' thing not everyone had. One girl used a floppy disk to store hers on! That seems nuts now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Bring back the days of reading music lyrics from the back of a cassette tape
The CD inserts with art and lyrics were *everything*

I think my current obsession with fun kitchen gadgets is my way of compensating for never owning an Easy-Bake Oven šŸ˜‚

• Heart
I enjoy avocado the same as I like many things but could happily live without it. One thing a lot of people my age seem OBSESSED with is brunch and going out for breakfasts which is something I do not connect with
Retired folk seem to be the ones who are out clogging up the cafes having their scones . Maybe the millennial only go to hipster cafes.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Retired folk seem to be the ones who are out clogging up the cafes having their scones . Maybe the millennial only go to hipster cafes.
Oh yeah they do. Its not a brunch unless there are 3 avocado based dishes on the menu and shakshuka eggs for some reason too ...

• Haha
  • Sick
I'm actually still so sad I'm actually Gen Z šŸ˜…šŸ˜°šŸ˜­ does anyone still watch "old" TV comedy shows? Love BritBox :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 4