Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I feel like I can’t keep up with house prices and that we will never be able to save enough to buy off our own back. I’ve basically given up on the idea, inheritance is our only hope and that is never a guarantee.

Also feel like it’s impossible to keep up with all the things you need to save for. Trying to save up for a house deposit whilst also trying to ensure you have a decent pension is almost impossible and leaves little room for anything fun in life. Meanwhile the cost of everything is increasing and wages stay the same.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

HelloStereo

VIP Member
Born in 89! I miss MSN Messenger and the dramas that came with chatting to your mates on it after school.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

jaymie

VIP Member
Is that where you could customise them? 😂

I miss MSN so much. I spent all day with friends at school only to go home and chat to them all evening!
Hahaha are you even on MSN if you don’t log in and out to seek attention hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 22

under the ivy

VIP Member
Born in 93. 40k of student debt, saving for a house deposit, hate avocado on toast, don’t want to get married, crippled by my MH 🤠

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Lola UK

VIP Member
Guess what Gen Z…. I LOVE MY SKINNY JEANS AND SIDE PART!! Skinny jeans make my legs look good.
Stop telling people to have a middle part and baggy jeans with a crop top.. I don’t want to look 15 I want to look 32.

Thanks besties ✌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 15

justhavingamooch

I’m a 80s baby and I can’t relate to anything Millennial. I think that makes me a super millennial because I’ve not just been rejected by society as a whole, but I’m rejected by my own kind as well 😆

• Haha
  • Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
How many of us used to have a tamagotchi which looking after pretty much ruled every minute of life. The little fuckers were always beeping for something

• Haha

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Born in 1988. I do have a mortgage, pension and kids. I feel like all of that is luck and location rather than anything else though.

Dont like avocado toast 😂 dont go out for brunch.

I am grateful to have grown up with very minimal social media. To go to gigs and experience it with my eyes and not 5000 camera phones in front of me. Not feel the pressure to look perfect every single time I left the house as every moment would be uploaded to social media.

I worry about my kids future a lot. Thankfully we're in Scotland so if they choose higher education hopefully wont end up in loads of debt but the cost of living is just so high and wages are not rising high enough. Also the consumerism these days. I am trying so hard to raise them to not care about things and brands but its not easy at all in this society. My eldest often asks why we dont have a newer / nicer car because Sebastians Dad has a Tesla. Trying to explain that its not because we cant afford it, its just because we dont need a newer or nicer car. It gets us from A to B.

I feel like when I was younger everyone was skint and you knew it. Whereas these days at my kids school its not like that at all, there seems to be this huge gap of the families who are absolutely on their arse and then everyone else has everything. The gap between the have and have nots is so huge now.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I remember writing cryptic messages on MSN I wanted people to see underneath and mainly linkin park lyrics.

I got a random add- which I accepted. I thought I was chatting to a new boy, but it was just my cousin and her brother laughing at me. 😖

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

lemonlime

VIP Member
Did many of you have a "computer room" in your house? Seems like such a bizarre thing now with laptops.
When we got this kind of "special computer desk", teen me thought it to be the height of opulence, I loved it.

• Haha

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Also feel like it’s impossible to keep up with all the things you need to save for. Trying to save up for a house deposit whilst also trying to ensure you have a decent pension is almost impossible and leaves little room for anything fun in life. Meanwhile the cost of everything is increasing and wages stay the same.
1000% yes! Oh, and we all get labeled communists for demanding things change

• Heart

sleepflowers

VIP Member
Born in 92 and my birthday is next week! Already getting the fear about my 30s, a year early. It does already feel like time is running out to do the get married, have kids, buy a house route...honestly I'd be happy to just have a flat where I can keep a cat!!!

• Heart

Sheabutter

VIP Member
We’re a deeply misunderstood bunch. Let’s talk about what it means to be a millennial.

I’ll go first: I’m going to get my teeth professionally cleaned for the first time in 7 years thanks to the magic of Groupon. Your turn!

ETA - I’m a fanatic when it comes to brushing my teeth. I feel like that shouldn’t go unmentioned.

• Heart