Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when the internet cost a tit load, it took up the phone line and it would take half an hour to download an MP3, only then to find out it was the wrong one!?

You'd get a phone bill for 150 and another bill from AOL for 200 a month 😆 back then this was a lot more!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Born in 1990 and feel I got the best of the world without the internet and also the best of the world with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Born in 1985 & both husband and I come from working class families and grew up in council houses. We still rent, and I doubt I’ll never own my own home 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Remember when the internet cost a tit load, it took up the phone line and it would take half an hour to download an MP3, only then to find out it was the wrong one!?

You'd get a phone bill for 150 and another bill from AOL for 200 a month 😆 back then this was a lot more!
Our dial up cost 1p a minute so I was only allowed on for one hour a day not a minute longer. “It all adds up” my step dad used to say. I’d try and offer to pay out of my own pocket money for more internet time😂

Broadband was mind blowing when that got popular.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Our dial up cost 1p a minute so I was only allowed on for one hour a day not a minute longer. “It all adds up” my step dad used to say. I’d try and offer to pay out of my own pocket money for more internet time😂

Broadband was mind blowing when that got popular.
Broadband was elite! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think the cost by the ISP and the phone company gradually did go down, then all of a sudden you could be connected all day for one small fixed cost. That was mind blowing! It actually felt like the future.

I remember someone bragging about their 56kbps modem while I was stuck on 28kbps :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My sister was born in 96 and I find it hard to include her in the millennial group! There's so many things she has no clue about that were pivotal to me growing up.

Reactions: 8
I was born in 96 and I don't know if I'm a millennial or gen-z. I feel like a baby compared with older millennials but like a granny to gen-z 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Born in 93. 40k of student debt, saving for a house deposit, hate avocado on toast, don’t want to get married, crippled by my MH 🤠

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Woah are you still considered a millennial?
Yikes I just checked and turns out I’m Gen Z?? I assumed as 2000 was the millennium I was a millennial…I’ve been lied to my whole life :eek: oh my god…I feel way too old to be Gen Z!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yikes I just checked and turns out I’m Gen Z?? I assumed as 2000 was the millennium I was a millennial…I’ve been lied to my whole life :eek: oh my god…I feel way too old to be Gen Z!
Here is your complimentary spoolie and 🧼 love 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 4