Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saved so hard at 18/19 and went to uni with £10k with the idea it was my 10% deposit on a flat when I graduated. Oh how wrong was I.

We’ve been lucky and bought at 27 with help from family but I have no pension. I can’t afford to save for a pension right now.

I hate social media, I hate the internet most of the time. I’ve never had avocado on toast, seems very bland to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
born in '95 and up until recently I was grouped in with millenials and still am at times. Now they're putting me in with Gen Z but I feel like a granny who can't relate to them at all. '95 is often now considered the first year of Gen Z apparently

Reactions: 5
I find it funny that people who get the bus for free (outside of London) have no clue how expensive it is. Like I ain't paying £6 for a return into town, I'm not made of money! I knew someone that had to pay £16 to sign on because it was two different bus services to get there. All to get £71 a week.

Quite depressing how many millennials and Gen X are obsessed with signing up to a lifetime of debt. And people think you're a failure if you don't. I speak as an old millennial who enjoyed my 20s living all over the world and traveling before buying a house. Had I been obsessed with living like someone in the developing world to save every penny then tying myself down with debt I would have missed out on so many amazing things.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I find it funny that people who get the bus for free (outside of London) have no clue how expensive it is. Like I ain't paying £6 for a return into town, I'm not made of money! I knew someone that had to pay £16 to sign on because it was two different bus services to get there. All to get £71 a week.

Quite depressing how many millennials and Gen X are obsessed with signing up to a lifetime of debt. And people think you're a failure if you don't. I speak as an old millennial who enjoyed my 20s living all over the world and traveling before buying a house. Had I been obsessed with living like someone in the developing world to save every penny then tying myself down with debt I would have missed out on so many amazing things.
Totally. It is so depressing to see news about ‘23 years old young couple having no takeaway for 5 years, saved 30k to buy a new build’.

Reactions: 13
Born in 89! I miss MSN Messenger and the dramas that came with chatting to your mates on it after school.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Is that where you could customise them? 😂

I miss MSN so much. I spent all day with friends at school only to go home and chat to them all evening!
Hahaha are you even on MSN if you don’t log in and out to seek attention hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I remember writing cryptic messages on MSN I wanted people to see underneath and mainly linkin park lyrics.

I got a random add- which I accepted. I thought I was chatting to a new boy, but it was just my cousin and her brother laughing at me. 😖

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights but also sad we are living in a time where most people don’t talk anymore, and seem to care more about what people think about them on social media. I do love the internet for the fact it’s helped me make lifelong friends and has helped me learn so much more about things. However I do feel that nowadays it’s used for so much negativity which is hard to avoid.

I think I was the last generation to grow up without social media, I think I was 4 when Facebook was made but it wasn’t a massive thing until about 2008 onwards. I had a VCR until I was 11 and got my first phone at 13/14 and even then it was a very basic mobile. I worry a lot for the younger generations because they don’t have a chance to grow up now without social media unless they actively try and avoid it.

Reactions: 7
Born in 92 and my birthday is next week! Already getting the fear about my 30s, a year early. It does already feel like time is running out to do the get married, have kids, buy a house route...honestly I'd be happy to just have a flat where I can keep a cat!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights but also sad we are living in a time where most people don’t talk anymore, and seem to care more about what people think about them on social media. I do love the internet for the fact it’s helped me make lifelong friends and has helped me learn so much more about things. However I do feel that nowadays it’s used for so much negativity which is hard to avoid.

I think I was the last generation to grow up without social media, I think I was 4 when Facebook was made but it wasn’t a massive thing until about 2008 onwards. I had a VCR until I was 11 and got my first phone at 13/14 and even then it was a very basic mobile. I worry a lot for the younger generations because they don’t have a chance to grow up now without social media unless they actively try and avoid it.
Woah are you still considered a millennial?

Reactions: 4
Born in 89. Have so many great memories of an active childhood which didn’t involve being online or playing video games all the time. If we were bored, we went out and made our own fun. I feel like children nowadays can’t think for themselves and don’t know how to just be bored. They seem to require a constant stream of entertainment and must always be “switched on.” I’m a parent and my two can be like this, so not judging anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember chatting to my friends, classmates on msn, watching VHS tapes - i used to like the holes cause it made my fingers feel odd and squished. I remember my parent's palm pilot, when we used a home phone not a cell phone, I remember disposable cameras, when youtube was still a new odd thing, Actually going out and not just spending all my time online and playing outside. Also calling my friends on the home phone and having to plug in internet.

Reactions: 4