Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow forgot about Habbo Hotel! Possibly the dodgiest site on the internet at the time LOL. It was even more of a wild west back then. But when you're like 12/13 you don't think anything of it
Omg on Habbo when you’d type in a swear word to chat to someone but they changed it to “Bobba”. So what the duck became “What the Bobba” 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11

They should have been banned everywhere tbh 😂 Had one day a week to sleep in and was woken up to the manic gibbering of Furby 😡😂

How many of us used to have a tamagotchi which looking after pretty much ruled every minute of life. The little fuckers were always beeping for something

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So many memories in this thread.
I was born ‘83, loved growing up pre social media BS. Didn’t get a mobile until ‘99 and it was a Motorola chunky thing that could only hold 20 numbers in so had to pick my mates wisely. I had a bf who had a pager and I thought that was so cool at the time 🤣
I had a mr frosty but it was crap and broke after one go and me and my bro had that Cadbury’s dispenser but never refilled it after scoffing the chocs by Boxing Day 🤣

it took me until three years ago to be able to get a mortgage and I worry for my son and how he’ll ever be able to afford things with the cost of living so high.

How many of us used to have a tamagotchi which looking after pretty much ruled every minute of life. The little fuckers were always beeping for something
I can remember as kids on a holiday with family friends three of us going swimming and leaving our tamagotchis with my mum when we got back she was manic trying to deal with all the bleeping 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Currently watching Harry potter and the chamber of secrets, which is also my fave book from the series .I still remember being 10 years old and reading it alone at night and actually feeling scared when it said "the chamber of secrets has been opened". Can't get back that feeling of reading it for the first time.

My dad also bought me a copy of the goblet of fire from Asda for £3.50 too!

Does anyone remember the electronic secret diary’s 😂😂😂
View attachment 773339
Yea I do but I never had one. Looks like a faff to write in tbh.

Reactions: 3
This was the real deal, I made badges out of every pic I could find 😂 also had catchy song when the ad played on Nickelodeon when they used to play back to back Sabrina the Teenage Witch!

EBAE58E3-9376-4434-89CD-E715B347DBC9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wow forgot about Habbo Hotel! Possibly the dodgiest site on the internet at the time LOL. It was even more of a wild west back then. But when you're like 12/13 you don't think anything of it
I was born in 1990 and spent most of 2002/03 on Habbo Hotel. It was definitely dodgy 🤪 “bobba”.

Funny side note… I met two guys on there that I’m still friends with today!! They weren’t weirdos 🤣 and lived a few hours away from me. In 2005 my dad drove me to meet them at their parents house 😂!

Reactions: 6
Currently watching Harry potter and the chamber of secrets, which is also my fave book from the series .I still remember being 10 years old and reading it alone at night and actually feeling scared when it said "the chamber of secrets has been opened". Can't get back that feeling of reading it for the first time.
I got to read Chamber of Secrets as one of my class books in primary school and remember how freaky I found it! I also was terrified by the opening of Goblet of Fire - the story of them finding the dead Riddles.

I bought the last few books at midnight sales too and literally didnt sleep til the morning I was so engrossed. I love thinking about that excitement.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg are you even a millennial if you don’t remember this toy!!!

View attachment 773349
My cousin had this! Though it wasn't that great- but reminds me of mouse trap which I got for my birthday. Pokemon defined me at age 10-11. My dad took us to the movie and we got promotional Mew cards. Still remember being in Toysrus and over the moon when I got a Charizard pokemon card from the packet my dad bought us.

I have a issues with my mental health and it makes me feel so weird knowing how easy it was to be so happy to be a kid.

Does anyone else remember Meez? And club penguin 🐧 😆
My year 2003 sister was into club P.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I have a issues with my mental health and it makes me feel so weird knowing how easy it was to be so happy to be a kid.
Maybe that’s part of the problem - we don’t have enough toys marketed to us adults 😂 Saturday mornings with the Toys ‘R’ Us catalog and a bowl of cereal were so nice and then there was the comics section of the paper 🤍

Reactions: 1
This came in my e-mail the other day and my heart literally sang. They’re getting better at finding me 😂

392D81A5-5653-4707-8F95-509396453F16.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3