Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With HP I was the perfect age for the books as the first one came out when I was 7. They were a great part of childhood reading. However it didn't carry on into adult life. The films for the most part were very meh. First one probably captured the spirit best.

Reactions: 8
The last book came out when I was 18, I remember popping into Asda on the way home from a night out to pick it up so I could read it when I woke up.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Did many of you have a "computer room" in your house? Seems like such a bizarre thing now with laptops.

• Haha
I was born in 86. Some of the stuff on here has made me so nostalgic!
The fashion, the secret electronic diary 😂 tamagotchi (I was obsessed) the aliens (also obsessed with trying to make them have a baby 😂) Screwball Scramble...the list goes on and on.
I'm so glad I grew up in the era that I did ♥

Reactions: 3
I was born in 86. Some of the stuff on here has made me so nostalgic!
The fashion, the secret electronic diary 😂 tamagotchi (I was obsessed) the aliens (also obsessed with trying to make them have a baby 😂) Screwball Scramble...the list goes on and on.
I'm so glad I grew up in the era that I did ♥
I used to spend HOURS imitating my sisters voice to open hers! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Did many of you have a "computer room" in your house? Seems like such a bizarre thing now with laptops.
That was my dad's office. I remember him showing me how to use the internet for the first time via 'the big E' - Internet Explorer! This must have been around 97-98, my dad was quite an early adopter of home computing.

Reactions: 1
When we got this kind of "special computer desk", teen me thought it to be the height of opulence, I loved it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I loved JW books too! They definitely covered decent topics, I remember Girls Out Late etc talked about periods, losing virginity etc. In Lola Rose the mum got cancer didn't she? I thought it was good that the books talked about semi serious/serious topics in a way that wasn't over the top for younger people.
the girls series was bleeping toxic 🤣 swear to god it gave me serious body issues. Girls under pressure does anyone remember that? Ellie making herself throw up ! I remember even trying that as I thought I was fat after that book

did anyone love Louise Rennison? Angus things andFull frontal snogging series was my favourite series ever

Reactions: 4
I really enjoyed reading this thread . I had my first phone in year 7 a Motorola flip phone much to my parents disapproval as why does a 12 year old need a phone ? I was born in 91 and feel i had the best of both worlds anyone remember Tiny computers

Reactions: 2
the girls series was bleeping toxic 🤣 swear to god it gave me serious body issues. Girls under pressure does anyone remember that? Ellie making herself throw up ! I remember even trying that as I thought I was fat after that book

did anyone love Louise Rennison? Angus things andFull frontal snogging series was my favourite series ever
The Angus things and full frontal snogging series was my absolute fave!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3