Mikhila McDaid #5 Milo sleeps on Mikhallax shelf, whilst mom is dreaming of Hamptons we

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ‘snug’ looks like every other room in that house! Bland bland bland
I like the bit she’s put about the tiled floor feeling ‘cold’.... you could ask your parents about that Mik!
It’s the entrance to the laundry room! It shouldn’t have a sofa there! They should clear away the tit

Reactions: 8
I like the bit she’s put about the tiled floor feeling ‘cold’.... you could ask your parents about that Mik!
I actually thought she had rearranged the living room, again!

It’s the entrance to the laundry room! It shouldn’t have a sofa there! They should clear away the tit
She should be drying her laundry there 👀

Reactions: 6
This is where she could dry clothes but I suppose that wouldn’t give her cause to flex her Amazon account to buy and unnecessary dehumidifier.

Reactions: 5
Oh look a kallax unit what a surprise

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just don't understand the washing situation. I have a family of 4. I rarely use my dryer. I wash everyday and use ONE airer next to a radiator in the dining room because I don't have a fancy utility. I turn the airer around every so often and my clothes are dry in a day. She has gas central heating, why is it taking so long. Does she not put her clothes on a high spin.
My heating is only on in the morning and evening not running all day.

God mik, do you need me to make a tutorial for you?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just don't understand the washing situation. I have a family of 4. I rarely use my dryer. I wash everyday and use ONE airer next to a radiator in the dining room because I don't have a fancy utility. I turn the airer around every so often and my clothes are dry in a day. She has gas central heating, why is it taking so long. Does she not put her clothes on a high spin.

This! I get told constantly that I need a drier and I really don't! My house is too small and I don't have the space for one. Couple of extra spins in the washing machine, one airer rotated during the day. Job done. Mik just loves to spend money on anything that isn't a boring purchase for her kids. I've had to unsub from her now. Can't even hate watch.

Reactions: 8
Wow, she did not see snow coming. Should we give her a tutorial on checking the weather next?
Ladies and gentlemen. The woman that would buy plants in the middle of winter rather than purchase her child a bed.

Selfish, stinky, scabby skank

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

I do exactly the same. I’ve no garden for drying in the summer, but never or very rarely use a dryer. Clothes horse, stuff in the airing cupboard and radiators in winter. I have never in all my 46 years heard of drying clothes with whatever the hell it is she’s doing! 🤦🏼‍♀️..

Reactions: 5
Can’t wait to see Mik trying to plant out plants from the Hamptons, NYC, Florida and LA in Doncaster...in February. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wow, she did not see snow coming. Should we give her a tutorial on checking the weather next?
I am not sure why she is so surprised, it predicted a 40% chance of snow (same ish area) on my iphone weather app, OBV not the Dark Skies app she rants on about - silly mare!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I swear to god, that big mirror has been in every room, and never in a nice place, always propped up. Hang it up somewhere and be done!
She’s put it there to hide those plugs, so it’s right next to the tv? Another kallax there looking more cramped already.
It’s an odd corner, don’t know what I’d do with it. The tv possibly looks too high and close to watch comfortably from the sofa. I’d have liked to have seen bigger doors or windows across that back wall, all the windows are so small in that house.
Maybe I’d it a dining table 90 degrees to the way she has and a sideboard in that snug bit as a bit of a bar? Or a bookcase and snuggle chair? It’s really not a great house, not bad, but not great.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The tiled floor would encourage me to give it a more Mediterranean vibe - warmer , earthy accents maybe ? To make it feel cosier. The dining table looks like it’s been shoved there temporarily even though we know that’s not the case. There’s too much white and beige in that room it looks freezing.
I wouldn’t want a sofa in there as it is. Maybe some lounge pug bean bags or something for the kids. She won’t be watching TV in there unless she’s planning to work from the dining table

Reactions: 10
Imagine her poor parents confined to that freezing cold room for four years bet they feel like they’re living in the Hamptons now they have their own gaff

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Imagine her poor parents confined to that freezing cold room for four years bet they feel like they’re living in the Hamptons now they have their own gaff
With her banging around watching trashy American telly most days next door!!

Agree that ‘snug’ should be used to dry washing as it’s right next to the utility room!

Think she should ditch the ‘snug’ concept completely, maybe have an armchair there facing the dining table - more of a reading nook area for guests.
Personally I really hate the idea of TVs in every room too... but I don’t have kids I guess.

Multi purpose rooms are not very trendy anymore either, she’d have a better time using each room for its singular purpose!

I have a suggestion for the 'snug' convert it into a care home for retired Kallax units named 'Dun Storing' but wait you seem to have half done that already ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hate the concept of snugs. For most peopling seems to mean that they’ve squeezed a sofa into a tiny corner of another room and grandly named it a snug.
not a proper snug which is another room that is maybe smaller than your main lounge and so given a cosier vibe maybe with a fire and throws and cushions, painted a darker colour to enhance the cosy vibes. Not a corridor to the utility room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14