Mikhila McDaid #3 No budget, no beauty, no blonde hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay long time lurker here but she said this morning that her parents own 20% of the house. When they bought it they paid around £249,000 so her parents put in around £49k and she alone got a mortgage on the rest (around £200k) this means her income from being self employed and from her job must have been around £45k a year at the time. That’s a good salary!! I’m seriously concerned about how she managed to get into the debt she did with that money plus Lees salary coming in too... Mind blowing! Maybe I’m being too harsh, I’ve never been in debt but can’t help but feel frustrated at her stupid spending!!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Okay long time lurker here but she said this morning that her parents own 20% of the house. When they bought it they paid around £249,000 so her parents put in around £49k and she alone got a mortgage on the rest (around £200k) this means her income from being self employed and from her job must have been around £45k a year at the time. That’s a good salary!! I’m seriously concerned about how she managed to get into the debt she did with that money plus Lees salary coming in too... Mind blowing! Maybe I’m being too harsh, I’ve never been in debt but can’t help but feel frustrated at her stupid spending!!
Its not like she has anything to show for the money either. Her house is full of cheap tat. They go on holiday without the kids so its not as if they were making memories. She has wasted 5 years of her and the kids lives just so she can buy a few handbags to wear with stained sweaters and fake nails which splay her hands. What a waste and what nice parents I hope they will be happy wherever they now end up!

Reactions: 11
There’s no way she was on 45k. Her job is only 3 days a week. She has said in the past an average month for her blogging and YouTube could earn her about the cost of a DSLR camera, so £500-£1000 I guess?
I find it odd that Shane isn’t on the mortgage. Maybe to do with the parents not wanting to be tied to him financially? Also odd now that she’s on about not declaring her self employed status on her new mortgage. They go through your finances so it’ll show?? It’ll only look good, extra income not reliant on a job you could lose, I’d have thought.

That candle video was just weird. She was behaving like a different person. Cagey about the costs, just that postage was expensive. And about customs fees. It’s like she was making it for a different audience, compared to the way she’s been talking in her vlogs. I’m guessing the experience cost her way more than the fee she was getting paid for it and she regretted the whole thing.

It’s like I’m watching her have a breakdown to be honest. Moving the living room round every day. Trying to put up the new tv on her own. It’s a two person job. Just wait for Shane to help?! I think she’s losing her mind being stuck in that living room all day everyday. Like her spending Sunday in her bedroom is a change of scenery. She desperately needs to have a wash, put on some clean clothes and turn the tv off, take the dog and kid for a walk daily for something to do.

Reactions: 9
Is she having a breakdown or is she just trying to live and behave like a teenager? Im cynical over feeling sorry for her because she's wound me up so much in the past!

Reactions: 4
She definitely is having some sort of crisis. Watching her live this morning was uncomfortable. Milo looked extremely pale and she wound up rolling around the floor like a teenager would? Literally seen my 12 year old sister act similarly. I don’t know why Lee hasn’t stepped in (or he has and she’s refused help), I know if I was acting this manically my husband would intervene

I saw a tweet last year from her tweeting another influencer whinging and saying she made “10k less this year from YouTube” so at one point she was on double figures from her side gig. I mean she’s said herself she’s not making that kind of money right now so maybe she peaked a few years ago when she applied for the mortgage. But now brands have finally cottoned on to the sh** show that is her content and stopped offering her so much work.

It only took me a few visits to the USA to realise that, for the most part, we have equivalents for everything you can get there. It's crazy to me that people spend so much on Bath & Body Works candles (I know people IRL who bring back a suitcase full too) when you can more or less get the same stuff, minus the brand, from TK Maxx.

I'm dead 🤣
TBF I’ve been to the states a lot and there is stuff I like to bring home. I do love a b&bw candle but not enough to pay the amount she has. And definitely not Xmas decorations 🙄

Actually she probably did help to buy as it’s a new build! In which case she’s not on 45k but probs still a decent salary spaffed up the wall

Reactions: 1
It’s autumn she is wearing a thick sweater but thinks it’s appropriate for her eight year old boy to be wearing nothing but pyjama bottoms. Put clothes on him and get a grip. My seven year old is wearing cosy pyjamas right now so to see her dressing her son like this all year round makes me really angry

The greasy hair is getting worse and worse! I wonder if she’s ever got up on a morning and had a shower and got nicely ready for the day..rather than being in a dirty oversized jumper with greasy hair all day! Might lift her mood if she did that?!

Reactions: 5
I can’t believe she spent £80 on postage/customs for a few candles and hand wash because they are American, but won’t buy a decent desk so she doesn’t have to move the livingroom daily. I am thinking she’s going through a bit of a breakdown. She displays quite a lot of bipolar symptoms

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Spent £80 on candle postage but won’t buy an orthopaedic chair to help her back as it wont look American guys

Im not surprised a company declined her video as shes not at all professional but is 250 all she gets from a sponsored video? I dont do you tube myself but that feels very low for a whole video?

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe she spent £80 on postage/customs for a few candles and hand wash because they are American, but won’t buy a decent desk so she doesn’t have to move the livingroom daily. I am thinking she’s going through a bit of a breakdown. She displays quite a lot of bipolar symptoms
My point exactly! She can piss about with the Kallax until she’s blue in the face but it’s never gonna work as a desk because guess what Khila...it’s a f**king storage unit 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
The whole situation is weird, yesterday 'next year when we move into the rest of the house', then today parents have moved out. The constant moving furniture in ONE room! What the hell! She's going to give herself a coronary if she's like this manically moving things about for every room in the house. Where's all the money coming from to buy her parents out, change sofas, telly, pink chair, pictures? The works. Navy and pink room would be nice but still the kallax as a focal point? 🙄. Weird, use it somewhere else ffs! She seriously needs to put the daily vlogs to one side for now, and wash and tidy herself and there's definitely something happened between the parents and them.

Milo’s hair is washed everyday.... she does realise she needs to do her own!! And if she hates drying it, cut it shorter and let it air dry!

Milo’s hair is washed everyday.... she does realise she needs to do her own!! And if she hates drying it, cut it shorter and let it air dry!
It's lee who gives milo his bath every night. Never heard her saying she's bathed her own son once!

She doesn’t blow dry it anyway so what’s the aversion to washing it ? Everything is extremes with her. One minute she’s toning it to death with blue and peach etc the next she’s letting it sit like a greaseball on her head.

What do you guys think the situation is with her friend Stacey? Does anyone else remember her mentioning cutting someone out a while ago? It was in a video and she talked briefly about it. I wonder if she was talking about her.

Reactions: 3
I just don’t understand what she has purchased from the US that she couldn’t get here in the UK? You can buy some B&BW products on eBay or via the FB group but she’s literally just bought candles, soap and Christmas decs.

I absolutely hate to think of the costs. I left a Mulberry clutch bag while on holiday in the states & it cost me £60 postage and another £25 customs charge, for fairly basic shipping.

Silver linings is having your holiday refunded or being able to reschedule your trip, not having a box of tat shipped over from the states.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.