Mikhila McDaid #17 Fine Hair & Lots Of It

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s only one person in that “partnership” thats a “real real problem”, and it’s not Krafty Karen.

Reactions: 9
0110D844-27DC-48D9-B853-0B582E9F05FD.jpeg

So she’s changed the font, because a company she was buying from discontinued some of the fragrances?
Apparently these were Emma’s own scents.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
From that short clip of the market, Karen looks absolutely knackered. Probably done in with Mik’s hyperactivity and mania.

Reactions: 8
Look even more tit than before.
The labels look really cheap, look like they'll fall off once the candle is lit. They look like £4 primark candles
---
Erm... would it not make sense to do your customer research BEFORE going into business? I interpret this post as an admission that she has no customer based outside of her tiny middle aged fan base who bought the jompers and mogs? So she didn't get any sales yesterday but is trying to put a positive spin on negative feedback?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I remember a few other Youtubers who thought they could sell private labelled cosmetic products - as they had over 500k subscribers - and they failed within the first year......Mik is going the same way with a fraction of those subscribers. No one is going to buy your £16 candle, when they can get a larger one from B&M; Homesense; The Range; Amazon & Etsy, for a fraction of the price. A huge 538g Yankee Candle is a tenner from Savers. In fact, Google Yankee Candle and you get eight million results.

Before hurling themselves into a candle making venture, a meeting with their local business advisor at a bank would have informed them if it was a good idea or not.....

I remember a few other Youtubers who thought they could sell private labelled cosmetic products - as they had over 500k subscribers - and they failed within the first year......Mik is going the same way with a fraction of those subscribers. No one is going to buy your £16 candle, when they can get a larger one from B&M; Homesense; The Range; Amazon & Etsy, for a fraction of the price. A huge 538g Yankee Candle is a tenner from Savers. In fact, Google Yankee Candle and you get eight million results.

Before hurling themselves into a candle making venture, a meeting with their local business advisor at a bank would have informed them if it was a good idea or not.....
Aldi do Jo Malone dupes for £4 why would you bother with Mik’s tit stock?
Why didn’t they do proper research first? Again because mik just goes all in. She’s back on the candols and can’t keep up with YouTube

• Heart
She needs to get her Yorkshire candles in shops.... small independent shops in YORKSHIRE and build a real customer base that way. There's several art/Craft/gift type shops local to me where you have to commit to X amount of hours per week/month staffing the shop in order for your products to be stocked. She's got loads of free time to do something like that. Would probably do her mental health the world of good and give her an idea of what people actually want to buy

Reactions: 13
What's going on with all the negative business page posts? Her reels reek of self-pity and failure. She didn't sell anythng. They have no customer base outside miks yt following. No one liked the name. No one engages with her insta posts.

I think i actually prefer the old branding. I wouldn't pay more than a fiver for those glass candles. And after smelling the zero throw wax melts that seems generous

• Haha
She needs to get her Yorkshire candles in shops.... small independent shops in YORKSHIRE and build a real customer base that way. There's several art/Craft/gift type shops local to me where you have to commit to X amount of hours per week/month staffing the shop in order for your products to be stocked. She's got loads of free time to do something like that. Would probably do her mental health the world of good and give her an idea of what people actually want to buy
...she'd probably drive customers away with her snotty attitude......

• Haha
Reactions: 4
...she'd probably drive customers away with her snotty attitude......
I don't think she knows how to relate to other people if Emma's videos are anything to go by, she'd probably start dancing and attention seeking as soon as a customer appeared.

Just looked at her website, aside from the typos and poor grammar, one of the descriptions waffles on about vampire diaries references. Surely that's a niche target audience? Can't just be my head that went straight over? It's all way to personal to her and if she wants to sell to non friends and family, as she says she does, then 99.999% of their potential customer base won't be remotely interested in her. If I'm buying a candle blind online and relying on written description to imagine what it sells like, why would i be interested in some back story about a random child named milo 🙄 I just wouldn't.

So it was all just a change of font for candle scent on front label? Thats a re brand? Even with a third of the site just full of the old stuff as the same price anyway? Hmm ok.

I mean Christmas scents is not rebrand - it’s just a seasonal normal change.

Have noticed though she seems to have dropped the concrete for candle “vessels”! Why? So much effort and waste of time for no reward mik?!? It’s now just “seasonal” accents or whatever it’ll be called - wait for the Easter bunnies guys she has only just realised though that it’s considerable easier and cheaper and less house destroying to do it in glass jars?! Donut!

Love that she just sits on the living room floor packing them on the carpet. Dragging that paper packaging on the floor to collect all the dog hair. She’s a filthy mare.
IMG_0372.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Screenshot_2023-10-08-21-21-10-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-08-21-20-55-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-08-21-19-14-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Do better Mik/Karen. It's a legal requirement as much as anything.

• Haha
Do you think she's even read and understood those T&C's? The ones that form a binding contract between her and her customers. They are so poorly written and clearly not proof read or specific to her business. I bet she has no clue about legislation around selling items.

Do you think she's even read and understood those T&C's? The ones that form a binding contract between her and her customers. They are so poorly written and clearly not proof read or specific to her business. I bet she has no clue about legislation around selling items.
The third one is clearly copied straight from the sweatshirt 'busyness' cos it mentions Incredible. I pointed these out to her last time but she's not changed them.

Reactions: 6
The funny thing is they're acknowledging Mik has a ready made audience willing to buy from them, but there's never been a YouTube video talking through and showing her candol prodacts. She's just shown herself pouring concrete in vlogs. If they wanted to make the most of the existing subscribers then they should have made a video about the brand, fragrances, maybe included a discount code etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.