Mike and Dave Kay #4 RIP Medium Shirt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ire is directed to the locals who use the parks/hotels/etc like a hang out. The ones who nurse one drink at the Poly and then don't tip. The ones who would order a single soda on mobile order so they could park at the Contemporary. The ones who abuse the systems and make it harder for people who actually want to get a drink at Tambu Lounge.
I know there are plenty of locals who actually go and spend their money.
But, wither we like it or not, locals aren't the source of Disney's revenue.
The good news? I'd predict by 2023-2024 you'll see a TON of Florida Resident promotions. Disney is pricing out a lot of people and, at some point, people will stop going. Both locally and from out of state.
Since the reopening I have spent more time at Uni than WDW. Something I would have NEVER guessed, but Uni seems to realize, especially with international travel still not really happening, the importance of local APs. I also feel like Uni APs have a whole different attitude than WDW APs.
Well, it's hard to police who's local / non-local sitting at a bar or restaurant just by looking at them. And I don't know anyone who orders a single soda on mobile to park at the Contemporary either? These days, it's been my experience that you have to have a reservation to park at the resorts. I didn't know you could just order a drink.

And trust me, there's been tons of times where we've wanted to ride a ride or have dinner somewhere - whether that day, a day before, or a day into the future - and we couldn't because all times were booked up. Based on ability to pre-plan, mostly by people sitting at their kitchen table making FP or dining reservations for their upcoming vacation who weren't even on property yet ready to spend money, like us. So, it's not like we're sucking allll the stuff away from people while getting all these "freebies." (nor do all of us act like the vloggers - which are a whole different animal)

However, clearly Disney doesn't care about APs or Fla residents - they only did when they needed us to come to the parks when they first opened up again. Universal and SeaWorld and Busch Gardens actually care more about their APs / locals and we're rewarded as such. I also agree w/ you that Universal and the other parks' fans - in general - have a much less entitled viewpoint on everything. Dating back to when I worked there myself, know-it-all Disney stans are the worst of them all.

If I were a politically inclined person I might think that Disney's changes are not all directly "recover from covid" related. Disney is intentionally stiffing locals in part to give the finger to the Governor and maybe trying to spur some voter blowback. Disney got one of the cruise to countries to impose a vaccine requirement for cruises to Castaway Cay so that Disney could require cruising vax over the Governor's questionable decision that Disney couldn't run its business the way it wants. Governor messed with the Mouse, the Mouse is being strategically responsive. The only locals I really have problems with at the parks are the vloggers who are there every day, who are discourteous to everyone else, and who risk spreading the plague. So that's pretty much just Michael -- and I think Michael used to have a brother? Him too if I'm remembering correctly.
Disney's treatment of locals pre-dates COVID.
However, I don't know why Disney would be doing that to spite locals because of DeSantis' policies?
I don't know much about about cruising specifically but if we're talking just the parks still, if anything, they were able to open WDW waaaay before DL due to DeSantis' policies vs. Newsom's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The only locals I really have problems with at the parks are the vloggers who are there every day, who are discourteous to everyone else, and who risk spreading the plague. So that's pretty much just Michael -- and I think Michael used to have a brother? Him too if I'm remembering correctly.
no joke, Dave is seemingly MIA. All jokes aside, if he is in a low place mentally, maybe his FAMILY (Mike AND Mom) should be helping him?
Then again, maybe him not being on social media IS helping him.

Reactions: 8
no joke, Dave is seemingly MIA. All jokes aside, if he is in a low place mentally, maybe his FAMILY (Mike AND Mom) should be helping him?
Then again, maybe him not being on social media IS helping him.
During Michael's exclusive Patreon party last week, he did say that Dave "was traveling." Hmmmm.

Reactions: 1
According to the Polk County Property Appraisers, David Kay bought a house that is fully furnished and marketed as a "short term rental/vacation rental"
Someone on here (I am so sorry please take credit!) pointed out the mirror in the photos on Zillow matched the mirror in Dave's most recent videos.
So he might have moved out and he might be trying to rent the place.

ETA: according to Zillow (so grain of salt) it was listed as a rental for 3,900 (!) on 09/18 and then taken off (rented?) Oct 1st.
Polk county, eh? Can't wait for the inevitable Grady Judd press conference holding up Dave's mugshot when he finally snaps (more than already).

Also, how can Dave afford that on his own? Is he getting roommates? My (completely hypothetical and unfounded) theory is mom could be paying for both him and Michael's places as a way to keep $ away from Dad and/or creditors.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was checking in on Dave and his channel currently has 10,800 subscribers. Per his description here are his subscriber goals:

Completed Subscriber Goals:
1,000 - 6/13/2019
2,000 - 7/16/2019
5,000 - 8/19/2019
10,000 - 9/10/2020

In 13 months he has gained 800 subscribers. 800!! I really hope he gives this up and just decides to get a job and have a somewhat normal life. Hopefully he has gotten away from Mike's hold on him and can move on.

Reactions: 5
Would you elaborate? I haven't been to Orlando in years I'm really interested in your breakdown on this!
Keep in mind there are 'passholes' in every theme park group (I mean, look at any of the official FB groups), but on the whole, Universal Passholders seem to be a lot more relaxed about stuff. Every month they have buttons for APs and quarterly (ish) they have AP magnets you have to get in the park. There have been times I couldn't make it for ones I wanted before they ran out and other APs would trade/give me an extra they had versus WDW APs who wanted me to pay them for the free magnet they got 20 of somehow.
I think being a Uni AP is just a more enjoyable experience all around. I can pretty much always find a REALLY good AP discount on a hotel in every category. They have discounts on just about everything (food/merch) and in the year I've been an Uni AP, I feel like I've been more 'appreciated' than the many, many years I've been a WDW AP.
There is also a LOT more included with Uni AP than I realized. Mardi Gras & Christmas stuff is part of your pass, while Halloween Horror Nights is the only 'hard ticket' event.
I'm able to afford both for now, so I'm sticking with them. Mostly WDW because I would like to be an AP when Tron opens (how ever long that might be lol), but at this point, I can see, once Epic Universe opens, going just to Uni for a bit.
Tl;Dr- most uni aps are 'just happy to be here' sort of people v wdw aps who tend to have a more entitled attitude towards the parks

Polk county, eh? Can't wait for the inevitable Grady Judd press conference holding up Dave's mugshot when he finally snaps (more than already).

Also, how can Dave afford that on his own? Is he getting roommates? My (completely hypothetical and unfounded) theory is mom could be paying for both him and Michael's places as a way to keep $ away from Dad and/or creditors.
So, I didn't realize (sorry everyone) that it was supposed to be a vacation rental/short term rental type of house. Those are very common in Orlando, especially in the area he is in.
I'm now wondering if he bought it as an 'investment' (to put on AirBnB, etc).
but it's just such a weird situation.
I'm more inclined to think he maybe got a little bit of money from that Game Stop nonsense and saw someone spouting off some bad advice on Twitter and bought the house thinking it would be a money machine. When, in reality, it's not.
If he is renting it out, I really hope he's hiring professional cleaners between guests.

Last edited:
I think being a Uni AP is just a more enjoyable experience all around. I can pretty much always find a REALLY good AP discount on a hotel in every category. They have discounts on just about everything (food/merch) and in the year I've been an Uni AP, I feel like I've been more 'appreciated' than the many, many years I've been a WDW AP.
There is also a LOT more included with Uni AP than I realized. Mardi Gras & Christmas stuff is part of your pass, while Halloween Horror Nights is the only 'hard ticket' event.
I'm able to afford both for now, so I'm sticking with them. Mostly WDW because I would like to be an AP when Tron opens (how ever long that might be lol), but at this point, I can see, once Epic Universe opens, going just to Uni for a bit.
We have the Premier UOAP. You get free express pass after 4, free prime parking, and an HHN ticket included w/ your pass. If you're into HHN, maybe consider upgrading for next year? You also get a a bit bigger % off discounts across board.

If you buy the pass w/ your AMEX, you also get free access to the AMEX UOAP Lounge too (over by Donkey and Monsters Cafe). Not much but you get free water, chips, inside bathroom, etc.

Reactions: 1
the way he keeps reassuring himself just puts me on edge.
"it's okay and if we can't it's okay." repeat.

in case you needed a reminder what a POS Mike is.
this came up on my suggested videos and I forgot how angry this made me.

Last edited:
Watch him call them "blo-jitos"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

in case you needed a reminder what a POS Mike is.
this came up on my suggested videos and I forgot how angry this made me.
Yes! I raged watched Michael because his programming was crap, but his months long celebration of a worldwide health disaster because he could buy churros faster and be the only one on a massively expensive ride made me hate him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes! I raged watched Michael because his programming was crap, but his months long celebration of a worldwide health disaster because he could buy churros faster and be the only one on a massively expensive ride made me hate him.
I'm glad I missed that.

Every single doctor and nurse that I know who had any kind of contact with COVID patients (myself included) has some level of trauma associated from it. Every. Single. One.

Now that I know that he's going to look back fondly on not needing a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance, I may end up screaming in his face. At least it would ruin his filming.

Reactions: 3
Why do his last two videos look like they were filmed in the ’90s for AFV on a standard definition camera 🤣
also he “liked disconnecting when he went as a kid” you know, when cell phones weren’t ubiquitous 😂

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.