Mike and Dave Kay #4 RIP Medium Shirt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did I miss something?? How do we know Dave moved out?? Where did he go??
According to the Polk County Property Appraisers, David Kay bought a house that is fully furnished and marketed as a "short term rental/vacation rental"
Someone on here (I am so sorry please take credit!) pointed out the mirror in the photos on Zillow matched the mirror in Dave's most recent videos.
So he might have moved out and he might be trying to rent the place.

ETA: according to Zillow (so grain of salt) it was listed as a rental for 3,900 (!) on 09/18 and then taken off (rented?) Oct 1st.

Reactions: 2
Did I miss something?? How do we know Dave moved out?? Where did he go??
He bought a 6-bedroom, 6-bath, 3,200+ square-foot, $470,000 house in Davenport in May.

Yes. Dave bleeping Kay aka Gem aka Havoc bought a more expensive house than even the Trackers. :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I scanned the video because I'm not a big fan of watching someone have a meltdown, but he did say he will be doing the Genie+/LL/Genie for his viewers on the 19th.

This one is not as funny as the Spidermike video but I think it covers Mike's dive into insanity pretty well. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did anyone else pick up on this?

He says that hypothetically, you could use the paid (top tier) Lightening Lane service over and over again during the day, That's not correct. It's up to 2 different attractions per day, booked one at a time. That's an important distinction.

And why has he not even mentioned the extended evening theme park hours for guests of the deluxe resorts and deluxe villa resorts? At least I don't recall that he's talked about it. This is a HUGE benefit, especially for DVC members, and/or anyone renting points also. Through December 22, it's available on Mondays at Epcot and Wednesdays at Magic Kingdom. Kyle Pallo did a vlog last week at Magic Kingdom and the park was almost empty.

Reactions: 5
"As a local do I think I will be using it that often? no, I don't"
no tit you're going to keep abusing DAS! 🥰
Just remember, if they catch you abusing DAS, they will revoke your AP, Mikey.

Alright, where is his traveling? Wrong answers only! 😅
Dad's commitment proceeding in MD where Michael gains control of Dad's bank account.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Did anyone else pick up on this?

He says that hypothetically, you could use the paid (top tier) Lightening Lane service over and over again during the day, That's not correct. It's up to 2 different attractions per day, booked one at a time. That's an important distinction.

And why has he not even mentioned the extended evening theme park hours for guests of the deluxe resorts and deluxe villa resorts? At least I don't recall that he's talked about it. This is a HUGE benefit, especially for DVC members, and/or anyone renting points also. Through December 22, it's available on Mondays at Epcot and Wednesdays at Magic Kingdom. Kyle Pallo did a vlog last week at Magic Kingdom and the park was almost empty.
Definitely misinformation. I watched Molly's, very well explained, video on this whole Genie, Genie +, Lightening Lane issue. She said multiple times that the Lightening Lane can only be used for 2 rides, ridden once each, a day. There also, as of now, is no cancelations for booking those. Once you book and pay for that ride, you are locked in. That is different than the Genie and Genie + rides where you can cancel which reservation you have and can try and get another one.

He is such a tool.

Reactions: 6
Definitely misinformation. I watched Molly's, very well explained, video on this whole Genie, Genie +, Lightening Lane issue. She said multiple times that the Lightening Lane can only be used for 2 rides, ridden once each, a day. There also, as of now, is no cancelations for booking those. Once you book and pay for that ride, you are locked in. That is different than the Genie and Genie + rides where you can cancel which reservation you have and can try and get another one.

He is such a tool.
I wonder if he's thinking that he can buy the Genie+/LL AND then use DAS?
Or, more likely, he just doesn't get it and won't take the time to learn because 'iM LoCAl'
what a horrible set of videos these last ones have been.
when I saw the airport I half expected another rant, but about the flight issues SW has had.

it feels like (in some of the comments from other videos) his standard viewers are FINALLY noticing his change since leaving Maryland. He's not the man of the people anymore. He's an entitled local who will block your view with his two tripods

I think Michael is really regretting being a Florida Resident with a house/mortgage at this point. Disney is really putting the screws to local AP holders, making it way expensive to get on rides (on a daily basis) while preferring hotel guests with early/late hours. Way better to be a deluxe resort guest now (not that Michael ever stayed at them when he lived in MD) and having the park at night for a couple of hours is a huge benefit as you say. Disney wants to fill up its hotels with vacationers (I read long ago that 80% of WDW guests are tourists). Disney is obviously (to me anyway) pushing out non-spending locals who take up space but only buy a Starbux sugar drink or a flatbread in favor of people spending $$$$$$ on hotel accommodations. Michael's move to FL becomes a bigger and bigger mistake as time passes because these changes are based upon Disney's economics, no doubt accelerated by needing to recover from the pandemic, and there's nothing michael can do about that. He'll never get on RoR again after WDW has implemented these changes, or at least he won't be going every day and detailing how this or that dust bunny changed locations overnight. :poop:

Michael at the airport in today's video: He was at Gate A19 at BWI. Michael is literally phoning it in in his last two videos. Theory: Non-vaxxed Michael is flying his airline of choice, Southwest (SW has all of the A gates at BWI). I bet that Michael's afternoon flight yesterday was canceled as part of SW pilots' work slow down against the vaccine requirement. Anti-vax michael defeated by his anti-vax brothers: priceless. I bet Michael is still in MD today.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think Michael is really regretting being a Florida Resident with a house/mortgage at this point. Disney is really putting the screws to local AP holders, making it way expensive to get on rides (on a daily basis) while preferring hotel guests with early/late hours. Way better to be a deluxe resort guest now (not that Michael ever stayed at them when he lived in MD) and having the park at night for a couple of hours is a huge benefit as you say. Disney wants to fill up its hotels with vacationers (I read long ago that 80% of WDW guests are tourists). Disney is obviously (to me anyway) pushing out non-spending locals who take up space but only buy a Starbux sugar drink or a flatbread in favor of people spending $$$$$$ on hotel accommodations. Michael's move to FL becomes a bigger and bigger mistake as time passes because these changes are based upon Disney's economics, no doubt accelerated by needing to recover from the pandemic, and there's nothing michael can do about that. He'll never get on RoR again after WDW has implemented these changes, or at least he won't be going every day and detailing how this or that dust bunny changed locations overnight. :poop:

Michael at the airport in today's video: He was at Gate A19 at BWI. Michael is literally phoning it in in his last two videos. Theory: Non-vaxxed Michael is flying his airline of choice, Southwest (SW has all of the A gates at BWI). I bet that Michael's afternoon flight yesterday was canceled as part of SW pilots' work slow down against the vaccine requirement. Anti-vax michael defeated by his anti-vax brothers: priceless. I bet Michael is still in MD today.
T-Rexx always coming in with the good points.
One of the things that I've seen a lot of 'locals' witch about is how some of the deluxe resorts aren't letting them park to go to the bars. I say, good.
The absolute entitled behavior of the locals has been atrocious. Michael is for sure one of the biggest examples of that entitlement. If I'm paying the money to stay at, say, Wilderness Lodge, I don't want a bunch of locals hanging out in one of the fire place nooks for hours on end.
People like Mike are pissed that all the loop holes that they used to exploit are being shut or going to the parks and riding RotR for the 100th time is going to cost them one of two ways: time or money.
What's funny to me is Mikey could be talking about how things like this, Magical Express service ending, prices going up, etc are making it harder for people to vacation there, but he is, once again, looking at everything through his own selfish view.
I also don't think for one minute he won't be dropping the $15 every chance to use Genie+.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
One of the things that I've seen a lot of 'locals' witch about is how some of the deluxe resorts aren't letting them park to go to the bars. I say, good.
The absolute entitled behavior of the locals has been atrocious. Michael is for sure one of the biggest examples of that entitlement. If I'm paying the money to stay at, say, Wilderness Lodge, I don't want a bunch of locals hanging out in one of the fire place nooks for hours on end.
People like Mike are pissed that all the loop holes that they used to exploit are being shut or going to the parks and riding RotR for the 100th time is going to cost them one of two ways: time or money.
What's funny to me is Mikey could be talking about how things like this, Magical Express service ending, prices going up, etc are making it harder for people to vacation there, but he is, once again, looking at everything through his own selfish view.
I also don't think for one minute he won't be dropping the $15 every chance to use Genie+.
Oh he definitely will. He will use what gift cards his "generous viewers" give him to pay for those. He will still ride RoTR, 7DMT, squeal like a piggy each and every time, annoying everyone that rides with him, all while showing us his watermelon of a head instead of the actual ride.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know what you're saying but at the same time, as a local myself, it's sad that everyone (including the Disney Company nowadays) seems to tit on locals and / or APs lately.

After all, when these parks first started opening up again in May, June, and July of last year, it was the locals that actually came out to support them and spend money. We had several TMs at Universal actually thank us for coming out to the empty parks. Our visits helped to keep these people employed at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Totally Agree! You want a 'locals' park? Go to Disneyland! Everyone knows WDW is for vacationers and people on holiday. I never see a problem with people who are coming out of state/country for their dream trip; it's always some jerkoff local thinking they're entitled to everything! Next, they'll be expecting a reserved personal parking spot!

Reactions: 2
I know what you're saying but at the same time, as a local myself, it's sad that everyone (including the Disney Company nowadays) seems to tit on locals and / or APs lately.

After all, when these parks first started opening up again in May, June, and July of last year, it was the locals that actually came out to support them and spend money. We had several TMs at Universal actually thank us for coming out to the empty parks. Our visits help to keep these people employed.
My ire is directed to the locals who use the parks/hotels/etc like a hang out. The ones who nurse one drink at the Poly and then don't tip. The ones who would order a single soda on mobile order so they could park at the Contemporary. The ones who abuse the systems and make it harder for people who actually want to get a drink at Tambu Lounge.
I know there are plenty of locals who actually go and spend their money.
But, wither we like it or not, locals aren't the source of Disney's revenue.
The good news? I'd predict by 2023-2024 you'll see a TON of Florida Resident promotions. Disney is pricing out a lot of people and, at some point, people will stop going. Both locally and from out of state.
Since the reopening I have spent more time at Uni than WDW. Something I would have NEVER guessed, but Uni seems to realize, especially with international travel still not really happening, the importance of local APs. I also feel like Uni APs have a whole different attitude than WDW APs.

Reactions: 6
Completely agree with this! The entitlement of the Orlando based vloggers (particularly Disney vloggers) is at an all time high, why should they get free parking etc when resort guests are spending more to stay there for the week than their AP costs? At the end of the day they are normal day guests just videoing their day and experiences, yet expect to be treated like A star celeb. Absolutely winds me up. I’m travelling from the UK to WDW next May and it would ruin my experience seeing MK squealing over food and fireworks

Reactions: 9
Completely agree with this! The entitlement of the Orlando based vloggers (particularly Disney vloggers) is at an all time high, why should they get free parking etc when resort guests are spending more to stay there for the week than their AP costs? At the end of the day they are normal day guests just videoing their day and experiences, yet expect to be treated like A star celeb. Absolutely winds me up. I’m travelling from the UK to WDW next May and it would ruin my experience seeing MK squealing over food and fireworks
Maybe by May he'll be working a real job and not in the parks as much. 🤞

• Haha

After all, when these parks first started opening up again in May, June, and July of last year, it was the locals that actually came out to support them and spend money. We had several TMs at Universal actually thank us for coming out to the empty parks. Our visits helped to keep these people employed at the time.
If I were a politically inclined person I might think that Disney's changes are not all directly "recover from covid" related. Disney is intentionally stiffing locals in part to give the finger to the Governor and maybe trying to spur some voter blowback. Disney got one of the cruise to countries to impose a vaccine requirement for cruises to Castaway Cay so that Disney could require cruising vax over the Governor's questionable decision that Disney couldn't run its business the way it wants. Governor messed with the Mouse, the Mouse is being strategically responsive. The only locals I really have problems with at the parks are the vloggers who are there every day, who are discourteous to everyone else, and who risk spreading the plague. So that's pretty much just Michael -- and I think Michael used to have a brother? Him too if I'm remembering correctly.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.