Midlifechic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep she had a real moan about BA! Give over it happens but she thinks she’s something now....she’s irritating and he’s an oink

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She’s now on Instagram promoting glasses ! Hilarious 😆 she’s after any freebie no doubt her sidekick will appear soon ...what a pair!

Funny how her eyes never felt quite right in (plebby) high street glasses as soon as a paid partnership came calling.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Funny how her eyes never felt quite right in (plebby) high street glasses as soon as a paid partnership came calling.
Yes funny that isn't it!

And I thought she HATED insta and all it stood for. Not when the money is calling her name hey..!

Reactions: 3
Her stories are a bit cringey when she leaves in the bit where she starts walking towards the camera (and what is that sort of bouncy walk she does?) and then leaves in the little bit at the end where she talks to whoever's filming her. All very staged and posed but leaving in bits that should be edited out!

Her stories are a bit cringey when she leaves in the bit where she starts walking towards the camera (and what is that sort of bouncy walk she does?) and then leaves in the little bit at the end where she talks to whoever's filming her. All very staged and posed but leaving in bits that should be edited out!

Yes its very cringeworthy! I think her husband does all her filming.

I'm still cringing from her latest blog post where she says her husband loves her in the blue, small, tight dress! I still think they are the oddest match ever!

Ha ha - I thought the ad below was part of your post, with you playing the part of Oikish Mal 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_4665.jpeg

And yes to all the comments above — totally cringeworthy. No need for the videos, just a picture with hand attached to hair as per…

I thought she made the trip to Kenya and the trip to France seem exceedingly dull…and I’d LOVE to go on safari one day #unlikely

The thing I did find interesting was a few posts ago when she talked about being trolled by another middle aged blogger a couple of years ago. That had completely passed me by — anyone know anything about that?

Ha ha - I thought the ad below was part of your post, with you playing the part of Oikish Mal 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 2228888

And yes to all the comments above — totally cringeworthy. No need for the videos, just a picture with hand attached to hair as per…

I thought she made the trip to Kenya and the trip to France seem exceedingly dull…and I’d LOVE to go on safari one day #unlikely

The thing I did find interesting was a few posts ago when she talked about being trolled by another middle aged blogger a couple of years ago. That had completely passed me by — anyone know anything about that?
FINALLY an ad we can all get behind 🥵

• Haha
I think it was something to do with The over 40s collective, which she formed with 5/6 other female bloggers around 2017. I remember the posts about it and then it seemed to disappear without a trace. I think she alluded to it being one of those bloggers a little while ago. Or I may have put 2 and 2 together and made 6. I seem to remember her saying it was a blogger who she had befriended and was close to so perhaps I’ve just assumed.

I agree with others that she and her husband are an odd fit but she’s written a couple of times on her blog about how much of a rock he was when they first met which was a very dark time for her so I think that’s why they are together despite the mis-match.

Having looked at some of her older blog posts looking for the Over 40s collective you can see the power of a good haircut! When she started the blog it was incredibly mumsy looking and aged her a lot.

She was v mumsy previously hair and clothes. Yes a decent haircut works wonders think she gets it done in London …her hubby is in an odd ball like a pantomime dame type of character and irritating! Does he have an actual job or is he on her coat tails?

Nikki has to be the ONLY person still buying from Boden surely. Are they the only ones who will gift her anything these days?! I know she said recently she p!ssed off M&S (or most likely just didn't increase their sales with her dismal posts). I've noticed she slips in a fair few ME+EM pieces these days despite pretending to be aware of the cost of living crisis.

Hate that the husband is on the blog these days, he's so irritating.

And fed up on her bias perfect take on her sons.
---
She was v mumsy previously hair and clothes. Yes a decent haircut works wonders think she gets it done in London …her hubby is in an odd ball like a pantomime dame type of character and irritating! Does he have an actual job or is he on her coat tails?
I think because he's short and not very manly shall we say that he tries to over compensate by being "funny". Doesn't work, still looks like one of her sons, most weird.

I didn’t realise she’d p!ssed off M&S. I remember her going to the Autumn/Winter show(?) where you can have a look at what’s coming up and was surprised when she put a lot of photos of it on her blog and instagram. I would have assumed there would be an embargo on that type of thing until a certain date so competitors couldn’t see what was going to come out. What else happened?

I buy a few bits from Boden now and again but they seem to be the only company she has worked with for a while. I have noticed the sneaky Me & Em pieces appearing which are a much higher price bracket than the Boden, Baukjen and John Lewis pieces she used to feature.

She runs a marketing firm with her husband. I am guessing she does the meetings and he does the technical stuff based on how they act and what they wear. She is also the one who seems to go to London for ‘meetings.’ Can‘t quite imagine Malcolm selling the company well but perhaps he transforms at work.

I feel the blog is a bit in the doldrums at the moment. It started when her youngest left primary school so there was still an element of ‘Mum blogging’ and she took us through her personal style journey. She also used to do 2 posts a week. Since Covid we’ve gone down to one post a week and quite often there’s a hiatus because of a holiday or busy family/work time. All the boys have left school and have their own lives so there’s no more ’Mum blogging’ content to be had and she can’t buy herself a whole new wardrobe every year for content because not a lot of brands work with her now so I’m not sure where the blog can go at the moment. Occasionally a beauty post will pop up but the products featured are often incredibly expensive.

It’s all quite expensive stuff she recommends. Does her hubby have an actual job? He comes across as infantile and bit odd…

I think he’s a graphic designer /digital branding/marketing kind of thing. More charitably, a “wacky creative”? She comes across as a lot more corporate, perhaps unfairly as in the photos she’s all about the frump and hair touching, and he’s crazy faces/pint in hand. They’re probably both somewhere in the middle of those 2 parameters.

This is them: https://www.apparatusmarketing.com/about/

But agreed, the content is deadly dull these days, can’t even work myself up to be irritated by them and their unthinking privilege…

I had an email notification from Uniqlo this morning about the latest Ines de la Fressange collection which reminded me that the IdlF drop used to be a big deal for Nikki - she’s get to pick several outfits to preview and there would be a dedicated blog post. That seems to have gone be the wayside as well - along with M&S, Hush and so many others.

She’s so desperate to be a travel blogger with son. I mean husband.
I think you’re right. She only seems to post these days when she is on holiday. There is literally no other content except look at lucky old us on another holiday.

Her last blog said she’d be “over on Instagram” because she “loves it” there. Hang on, I thought she hated it? Sounds like she’s going to stop her blog and switch it up to travel because she’s doing a survey as she thinks change is needed.
I guess she must struggle to blog these days when only Boden and white stuff are giving her clothes.
I see she’s spending her own money on Me+Em whilst telling her followers to buy white stuff!
---
I had an email notification from Uniqlo this morning about the latest Ines de la Fressange collection which reminded me that the IdlF drop used to be a big deal for Nikki - she’s get to pick several outfits to preview and there would be a dedicated blog post. That seems to have gone be the wayside as well - along with M&S, Hush and so many others.
Only Boden and white stuff left it seems….

I’ve followed her blog for many years but I’m just bored by it now. I have no interest in yet another Boden try on or seeing this pair on yet another holiday.