Midlifechic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But I may add, I really like her! Intelligent and interesting writing.
Does not fall into the Instagram trap of ads etc

Ah yes, MiddleCLASS chic. She needs a thread...

I’m not a fan, I’ve come to realise. I grant you the writing and content is so much better than a lot of accounts, and the target market is more discerning. But every so often she says something that sends me to the point of commenting (I never comment on any account).

The last time it was some throwaway comment about how the purchase of her new apartment was being held up by all the people working from home who were just sitting around eating biscuits and watching Homes Under the Hammer instead of working. Now granted this came on a day where I was (attempting) homeschooling a 10 year old at the same time as having seven back to back zoom meetings, with a single 15 minute break between 8:30 and 18:00, catching up on my work which was being held up by fitting in bloody meetings all day, trying to sort out one housebound parent’s COVID vaccine from 500 miles away, and dealing with the fallout threatened closure of the secure dementia unit of the other, again 500 miles away, and the worrying mental health issues developing in my 13 year old. Oh, and the fog had just been sick in the kitchen. Now obviously that was a pretty full on day, but normal, and I guess it sounds pretty familiar to a lot of you. So the suggestion of sitting on my arse watching Dion Dublin feck around an auction house sent me over the edge.

Grr, she is so entitled, no comprehension of the lives of others, whose jobs do not entail skipping around a picturesque Lakeland village, gurning and touching their hair in frumpily unflattering free clothes.

And honestly, if you’re in the lucky position of owning a couple of businesses, living in a beautiful house and buying an extra little pied a terre in another city, how do you have the gall to have a “buy me a coffee” widget on your website. Piss off beggy, this is Jack Monroe level behaviour.

But then, I ventured back to the blog a week or so ago and read her blog on her first marriage and immediately thought, this is incredibly honest writing, and this is why I will probably come back — until she does the next thing to piss me off...

Reactions: 3
Midlifechic - Totally agree with you Raker. I've recently started reading her blog and have found myself cringing and feeling really annoyed a few times already. Her comment about her new apartment being held up by people sat at home eating biscuits was nothing short of crass, and the buy her a coffee widget is a mickey take, especially as she claimed a company they work with put it on her blog without her knowledge to trial it and that she'd explain more about it but then never did. I can only assume she thinks her followers are stupid.
I also agree with comments on another site about her disliking her mother-in-law. She was rushed into hospital just before Christmas a few years ago but rather than show the tiniest bit of empathy or concern for her, Nikki just sounded annoyed that their plans had been spoiled and posted a photo she took of her and her husband in the hospital as a reminder of what an "unusual Christmas" they'd had! Surely if they wanted a reminder her poor mother-in-law is a sufficient one! She's just posted in her latest blog that her mother-in-law has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dementia, but once again there's no empathy or concern or any sign that she's upset for her, just that her and her husband will be in for some tough times!
She's also claimed she's trolled on social media and that she finds it really upsetting, but I haven't seen a single nasty comment. I think it was just an attention seeking stunt as all of her followers immediately told her how fantastic she is and they'd be sure to post nice comments on her IG, For all her claims that she's a really nice person and a good friend I think she has a very unpleasant side to her.

Midlifechic - Totally agree with you Raker. I've recently started reading her blog and have found myself cringing and feeling really annoyed a few times already. Her comment about her new apartment being held up by people sat at home eating biscuits was nothing short of crass, and the buy her a coffee widget is a mickey take, especially as she claimed a company they work with put it on her blog without her knowledge to trial it and that she'd explain more about it but then never did. I can only assume she thinks her followers are stupid.
I also agree with comments on another site about her disliking her mother-in-law. She was rushed into hospital just before Christmas a few years ago but rather than show the tiniest bit of empathy or concern for her, Nikki just sounded annoyed that their plans had been spoiled and posted a photo she took of her and her husband in the hospital as a reminder of what an "unusual Christmas" they'd had! Surely if they wanted a reminder her poor mother-in-law is a sufficient one! She's just posted in her latest blog that her mother-in-law has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dementia, but once again there's no empathy or concern or any sign that she's upset for her, just that her and her husband will be in for some tough times!
She's also claimed she's trolled on social media and that she finds it really upsetting, but I haven't seen a single nasty comment. I think it was just an attention seeking stunt as all of her followers immediately told her how fantastic she is and they'd be sure to post nice comments on her IG, For all her claims that she's a really nice person and a good friend I think she has a very unpleasant side to her.
I have to agree. She likes to portray a lovely, liberal, good friend front but her writing always makes it clear its her way or else!

Just because she doesn't like or suit the "ubiquitous buffet dress" for instance, she NEVER misses a dig to any blogger who wears one. She never shows any empathy or concern for her mother in law, you're right and I remember feeling very uncomfortable with that hospital selfie. Who on earth does that?

And the endless attention seeking comments. The response to the lady who was upset over her recent comment was awful. Of COURSE Nikki was writing an in depth book about the holocaust and was being well intentioned etc etc.

And isn't it funny how all her great mates who have the privilege to appear on her blog happen to be bigger and darker haired...methinks she's a tad insecure!

I have to agree. She likes to portray a lovely, liberal, good friend front but her writing always makes it clear its her way or else!

Just because she doesn't like or suit the "ubiquitous buffet dress" for instance, she NEVER misses a dig to any blogger who wears one. She never shows any empathy or concern for her mother in law, you're right and I remember feeling very uncomfortable with that hospital selfie. Who on earth does that?

And the endless attention seeking comments. The response to the lady who was upset over her recent comment was awful. Of COURSE Nikki was writing an in depth book about the holocaust and was being well intentioned etc etc.

And isn't it funny how all her great mates who have the privilege to appear on her blog happen to be bigger and darker haired...methinks she's a tad insecure!
I've noticed the many comments about the buffet dress and I remember her saying her husband called them who ate all the pies dresses so I think she's having a dig at someone. Maybe her husband dared to say some other woman was attractive! :)

She definitely has a problem with her mother-in-law, and I get the impression she isn't overly keen on other members of her husband's family either from a couple of other passive aggressive comments she's made. I just can't get my head around her posting her mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and Dementia but only being concerned about the tough times she'll have herself, it's almost narcissistic. Think you've hit the nail on the head with her being insecure. I looked back at photos of her when she first started her blog and she looks completely different to what she does now, very dowdy and tired looking.

I haven't seen the comment about the holocaust, I dread to think what she's said about that. Is that on a recent blog?

I read her blog about her alcoholic ex partner/husband and it seems to me her current one has the same problem. Nearly every post has some comment about how much they've been drinking, they can't seem to even manage a day out shopping without having to go to pubs and bars, and her blog about last Christmas was all about drinking, lots of red flags there.

Reactions: 1
Just read the Ines de la Fressange update. Much frumpier than the usual IDLF collections I think.

And what is it with the bloody “hand behind the head pose” — always looks ludicrous

Urgh that latest nauseating "flown the nest" post. She really thinks she's something doesn't she. Patting herself on the back because, apparently everybody, Nikki had the "insight" to move to the countryside before ANYONE else had ever thought of it to give her boys the best upbringing that she could and that came at a price but WOW hasn't it paid off as they are now the amazing grafters that they are just like their parents! FFS....she really is something else.

I've noticed the many comments about the buffet dress and I remember her saying her husband called them who ate all the pies dresses so I think she's having a dig at someone. Maybe her husband dared to say some other woman was attractive! :)

She definitely has a problem with her mother-in-law, and I get the impression she isn't overly keen on other members of her husband's family either from a couple of other passive aggressive comments she's made. I just can't get my head around her posting her mother-in-law has Alzheimer's and Dementia but only being concerned about the tough times she'll have herself, it's almost narcissistic. Think you've hit the nail on the head with her being insecure. I looked back at photos of her when she first started her blog and she looks completely different to what she does now, very dowdy and tired looking.

I haven't seen the comment about the holocaust, I dread to think what she's said about that. Is that on a recent blog?

I read her blog about her alcoholic ex partner/husband and it seems to me her current one has the same problem. Nearly every post has some comment about how much they've been drinking, they can't seem to even manage a day out shopping without having to go to pubs and bars, and her blog about last Christmas was all about drinking, lots of red flags there.
I think she thinks it makes her look young and hip to be seen drinking in bars and pubs all the time. My toes were curling seeing her "dancing" at that festival!

I don't get the "hand behind the head" post either, she looks really awkward in her earlier blogs so maybe she (mistakenly) thinks this is a great way to pose! :) I think she looks different now compared to how she looks in her earlier blogs. I don't know if it's the hairstyle, or a change in how she does her makeup, or maybe she's had a bit of Botox, but she looks younger now than she did when started her blog.
I cringed at the festival dancing as well but that was nothing compared to how much I cringed at her claims that a 20 something guy in the backpackers' Scandanavian Bar in Mykonos told her she looked 39. She really does seem to love her little self.
I remember her blogging about being offered a job at WaxLyrical and how 3 members of her team handed in their resignation within a couple of weeks of her starting. That really does speak volumes. I get the feeling, despite all her claims about how much she appreciates her "fans" and female friends, that she's one of those women who prefers to be in male company where she can be the centre of attention.

I don't get the "hand behind the head" post either, she looks really awkward in her earlier blogs so maybe she (mistakenly) thinks this is a great way to pose! :) I think she looks different now compared to how she looks in her earlier blogs. I don't know if it's the hairstyle, or a change in how she does her makeup, or maybe she's had a bit of Botox, but she looks younger now than she did when started her blog.
I cringed at the festival dancing as well but that was nothing compared to how much I cringed at her claims that a 20 something guy in the backpackers' Scandanavian Bar in Mykonos told her she looked 39. She really does seem to love her little self.
I remember her blogging about being offered a job at WaxLyrical and how 3 members of her team handed in their resignation within a couple of weeks of her starting. That really does speak volumes. I get the feeling, despite all her claims about how much she appreciates her "fans" and female friends, that she's one of those women who prefers to be in male company where she can be the centre of attention.
Hahahaha I cringed so badly at the comment about those young guys thinking she was 39 (as if), and what about Mr MC (Malcolm!) doing his karate kicks in the bar. Does she not realise how cringeworthy she sounds!

Yes she looks so different. I think its clear to see she has had her teeth done. They are perfect and bright white. She never mentions them. I also think he photos are very clever, when you see some shots or videos of her its clear to see she's very ordinary yet the photos for the blog show her looking all polished and perfect. I think the reality is different.

She's getting very grey now so I think pretending to look any younger than mid-50s is a bit of a joke.

Hahahaha I cringed so badly at the comment about those young guys thinking she was 39 (as if), and what about Mr MC (Malcolm!) doing his karate kicks in the bar. Does she not realise how cringeworthy she sounds!
Yes she looks so different. I think its clear to see she has had her teeth done. They are perfect and bright white. She never mentions them. I also think he photos are very clever, when you see some shots or videos of her its clear to see she's very ordinary yet the photos for the blog show her looking all polished and perfect. I think the reality is different.
She's getting very grey now so I think pretending to look any younger than mid-50s is a bit of a joke.
Oh I know, and she obviously thought he looked great! It's obvious they both think they're really cool when they're anything but and I wonder how often they're laughed at. I did wonder if he was the better of the two, but having read about her describing him amassing 9 points on his licence for speeding and then committing the same offence again and having to go to court and the only feeling they had was one of inconvenience, I was disgusted. There was no shame, no remorse, no acknowledgement that the speed limit is there for a reason and he could have injured or killed someone, just this is an inconvenience for us.
I know what you mean about the photos, I think they're using filters on them, she has the exact same glow on all of them and I don't think that's just down to her Bareminerals Joy highlighter! 😂
I've just been reading the comments on her latest posts about gift ideas and a woman has messaged her saying she's contacted her on multiple occasions as she has a new business and would love to be included and Nikki has barefaced lied to her and said there's no point contacting her on Instagram as she "hardly looks at it". She's just multiple posted about her break in Greece on there and replied to every comment, as well as moaning (attention seeking) more than once about "battling trolls" on there! There's something very badly wrong with someone who can't just apologise and offer an explanation but has to lie, and not a single one of her little fans has called her out on it. :rolleyes:

She looks at it enough to have an awful “buy me a coffee” widget on it….

She looks at it enough to have an awful “buy me a coffee” widget on it….
Yep, she claims that was put on her blog as a trial by a team she works with who didn't tell her. As if. She also said she'd explain more about it but then never did. The woman contacted her on her blog and on Instagram and it's Instagram Nikki claimed she never looked at, despite the proof being there for all to see that she does look at it and also replies to people on it. She's a liar, and she's that arrogant she can't even be bothered constructing even a slightly believable lie.

Her teeth in todays post! Why doesn't she ever admit she's had them done!

All that hand behind the head is starting to grate and it seems Boden are pretty much the only ones who will send her anything anymore...its all she talks about.

And her hair - fine from the front but it is HIDEOUS from the back, all shaved and black. is that really the look she's after??!

Oh I know, and she obviously thought he looked great! It's obvious they both think they're really cool when they're anything but and I wonder how often they're laughed at. I did wonder if he was the better of the two, but having read about her describing him amassing 9 points on his licence for speeding and then committing the same offence again and having to go to court and the only feeling they had was one of inconvenience, I was disgusted. There was no shame, no remorse, no acknowledgement that the speed limit is there for a reason and he could have injured or killed someone, just this is an inconvenience for us.
I know what you mean about the photos, I think they're using filters on them, she has the exact same glow on all of them and I don't think that's just down to her Bareminerals Joy highlighter! 😂
I've just been reading the comments on her latest posts about gift ideas and a woman has messaged her saying she's contacted her on multiple occasions as she has a new business and would love to be included and Nikki has barefaced lied to her and said there's no point contacting her on Instagram as she "hardly looks at it". She's just multiple posted about her break in Greece on there and replied to every comment, as well as moaning (attention seeking) more than once about "battling trolls" on there! There's something very badly wrong with someone who can't just apologise and offer an explanation but has to lie, and not a single one of her little fans has called her out on it. :rolleyes:
They're back at another festival...she's just so try hard. Her husband looks like he never really matured and she looks like his Mum. Really odd pairing.

I guess she’s caught up here, as her recent post discuses “hand behind the head” behaviour:

She says she’s holding her hair down in the wind…. 🙄 … from behind, in her own personal gusts that’s follow her from county to country?!? I’ll grant her, the north west & Newcastle can be blowy, but every where else??

…and in the current economic climate it’s so nice to see they’ve been away to their other apartment (please rent me) and to Lanzarote (too commercial for them sadly), huffily delayed because of getting a big piece of work (poor them), with suitcases full of #kindlygifted and affiliate linked clothes — and she still has the audacity to have the old “buy me a coffee” beg going….

And whoever mentioned the drinking — that’s all I see now!

That was my first thought too that she reads here - as if anyone messaged to ask her why she poses with her hand behind her head. It's clearly not always the wind!
I hate the way she bangs on about that apartment, it looks cramped dingy and horrid. I'm not sure I'd be too happy if my husband took me on an underground tunnel tour on my birthday!
What really annoys me is the way she slags off other instagrammers, WHY does she slag them off when SHE also parades around the country posing looking ridiculous so her henpecked husband can get HER perfect shot?! How is it any different?!
What is that about the drinking...?

Reading her latest blog post makes me think what a miserable old c*w she really is.
So to maintain a size 12 figure she fasts for 12 hours, she drinks but NEVER at home, she eats fish every night for dinner thus "allowing" her SOME freedom on the weekends. All to look like she does - a greying 54 year old women. Who is she kidding exactly.

Nikki now raving about Boden again having previously been dropped from their books for a while. Now its one of her favourite ever brands, even though the prices are out of reach of many. She's so fickle.