Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bumble2019

VIP Member
She’s not written about the trip she’s swerved it saying she needs time to process it 🤣🤣…load of cobblers!! Says they’ve all become friends am sure that’s not true it didn’t look like they gelled at all! 😆
I did have a good laugh at that! What she means is she hasn’t spent enough time writing all her passive aggressive slights and musings about a bunch of women she didn’t like and a trip she hated.

Reactions: 4

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Midlifechic - Totally agree with you Raker. I've recently started reading her blog and have found myself cringing and feeling really annoyed a few times already. Her comment about her new apartment being held up by people sat at home eating biscuits was nothing short of crass, and the buy her a coffee widget is a mickey take, especially as she claimed a company they work with put it on her blog without her knowledge to trial it and that she'd explain more about it but then never did. I can only assume she thinks her followers are stupid.
I also agree with comments on another site about her disliking her mother-in-law. She was rushed into hospital just before Christmas a few years ago but rather than show the tiniest bit of empathy or concern for her, Nikki just sounded annoyed that their plans had been spoiled and posted a photo she took of her and her husband in the hospital as a reminder of what an "unusual Christmas" they'd had! Surely if they wanted a reminder her poor mother-in-law is a sufficient one! She's just posted in her latest blog that her mother-in-law has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dementia, but once again there's no empathy or concern or any sign that she's upset for her, just that her and her husband will be in for some tough times!
She's also claimed she's trolled on social media and that she finds it really upsetting, but I haven't seen a single nasty comment. I think it was just an attention seeking stunt as all of her followers immediately told her how fantastic she is and they'd be sure to post nice comments on her IG, For all her claims that she's a really nice person and a good friend I think she has a very unpleasant side to her.
I have to agree. She likes to portray a lovely, liberal, good friend front but her writing always makes it clear its her way or else!

Just because she doesn't like or suit the "ubiquitous buffet dress" for instance, she NEVER misses a dig to any blogger who wears one. She never shows any empathy or concern for her mother in law, you're right and I remember feeling very uncomfortable with that hospital selfie. Who on earth does that?

And the endless attention seeking comments. The response to the lady who was upset over her recent comment was awful. Of COURSE Nikki was writing an in depth book about the holocaust and was being well intentioned etc etc.

And isn't it funny how all her great mates who have the privilege to appear on her blog happen to be bigger and darker haired...methinks she's a tad insecure!

Reactions: 3

swipeup

VIP Member
Bit ironic that the travel stories started off praising the travel company for taking care of everything and even picking them up from the house to take them to the airport and then we find out they forgot to get visas. Ah so they don't take care of everything then.

SophiaB

Midlifechic - Totally agree with you Raker. I've recently started reading her blog and have found myself cringing and feeling really annoyed a few times already. Her comment about her new apartment being held up by people sat at home eating biscuits was nothing short of crass, and the buy her a coffee widget is a mickey take, especially as she claimed a company they work with put it on her blog without her knowledge to trial it and that she'd explain more about it but then never did. I can only assume she thinks her followers are stupid.
I also agree with comments on another site about her disliking her mother-in-law. She was rushed into hospital just before Christmas a few years ago but rather than show the tiniest bit of empathy or concern for her, Nikki just sounded annoyed that their plans had been spoiled and posted a photo she took of her and her husband in the hospital as a reminder of what an "unusual Christmas" they'd had! Surely if they wanted a reminder her poor mother-in-law is a sufficient one! She's just posted in her latest blog that her mother-in-law has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and Dementia, but once again there's no empathy or concern or any sign that she's upset for her, just that her and her husband will be in for some tough times!
She's also claimed she's trolled on social media and that she finds it really upsetting, but I haven't seen a single nasty comment. I think it was just an attention seeking stunt as all of her followers immediately told her how fantastic she is and they'd be sure to post nice comments on her IG, For all her claims that she's a really nice person and a good friend I think she has a very unpleasant side to her.

Raker

VIP Member
Ah yes, MiddleCLASS chic. She needs a thread...

I’m not a fan, I’ve come to realise. I grant you the writing and content is so much better than a lot of accounts, and the target market is more discerning. But every so often she says something that sends me to the point of commenting (I never comment on any account).

The last time it was some throwaway comment about how the purchase of her new apartment was being held up by all the people working from home who were just sitting around eating biscuits and watching Homes Under the Hammer instead of working. Now granted this came on a day where I was (attempting) homeschooling a 10 year old at the same time as having seven back to back zoom meetings, with a single 15 minute break between 8:30 and 18:00, catching up on my work which was being held up by fitting in bloody meetings all day, trying to sort out one housebound parent’s COVID vaccine from 500 miles away, and dealing with the fallout threatened closure of the secure dementia unit of the other, again 500 miles away, and the worrying mental health issues developing in my 13 year old. Oh, and the fog had just been sick in the kitchen. Now obviously that was a pretty full on day, but normal, and I guess it sounds pretty familiar to a lot of you. So the suggestion of sitting on my arse watching Dion Dublin feck around an auction house sent me over the edge.

Grr, she is so entitled, no comprehension of the lives of others, whose jobs do not entail skipping around a picturesque Lakeland village, gurning and touching their hair in frumpily unflattering free clothes.

And honestly, if you’re in the lucky position of owning a couple of businesses, living in a beautiful house and buying an extra little pied a terre in another city, how do you have the gall to have a “buy me a coffee” widget on your website. Piss off beggy, this is Jack Monroe level behaviour.

But then, I ventured back to the blog a week or so ago and read her blog on her first marriage and immediately thought, this is incredibly honest writing, and this is why I will probably come back — until she does the next thing to piss me off...

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Funny how her eyes never felt quite right in (plebby) high street glasses as soon as a paid partnership came calling.
Yes funny that isn't it!

And I thought she HATED insta and all it stood for. Not when the money is calling her name hey..!

Bumble2019

VIP Member
I thought her blog was supposed to be all about style, now it just seems a constant blag for freebie holidays. Did she mean to giveaway her destination so early on her latest blag? See the insufferable Malcolm is along for the ride too....

Bumble2019

VIP Member
This comment jumped out:
I’m generally at my happiest with my feet on the ground, eating good hearty food and with lots of home comforts around me.

I think I’d be quite disappointed if I was the trip organiser to only see a couple of lukewarm comments and endless moaning about jet lag (although not too jet lagged to do a bunch of ads/plugs!).
Yes I thought that comment was very telling too. She clearly hated it, her body language in the live video that Doni did (can be seen on the gg2theworld instagram page) said it all.

The irony of her blog is that she's not actually used to being around a lot of women. Mal tells here everything she wants to hear, the blog is all on her terms with only her voice to be heard, she lives with 3 sons, clearly didn't like the eldest sons girlfriend who surprise surprise is no longer on the scene. And all her friends are notably visibly "less" than her in her mind.

In Nikkis world it's Nikkis way or no way!

Oh and not to forget she HATES the mother in law!

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Her last blog said she’d be “over on Instagram” because she “loves it” there. Hang on, I thought she hated it? Sounds like she’s going to stop her blog and switch it up to travel because she’s doing a survey as she thinks change is needed.
I guess she must struggle to blog these days when only Boden and white stuff are giving her clothes.
I see she’s spending her own money on Me+Em whilst telling her followers to buy white stuff!
---
I had an email notification from Uniqlo this morning about the latest Ines de la Fressange collection which reminded me that the IdlF drop used to be a big deal for Nikki - she’s get to pick several outfits to preview and there would be a dedicated blog post. That seems to have gone be the wayside as well - along with M&S, Hush and so many others.
Only Boden and white stuff left it seems….

Reactions: 2

Raker

VIP Member
Well there’s “travelling” and there’s posing around European boutique hotels holding your hair ™️ and drinking heavily in your #kindlygifted Boden….

• Haha

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
So she’s been away on a freebie Ad/Presstrip (whatever that is) and moaned before she left about not being told she needed a visa for her free paid holiday to Mombasa and almost missing the whole trip. But hey..she made it, took lots of pics of how amazing it was etc etc (well it was free so it would be great).
However the return first leg was delayed to Nairobi therefore too late to board the BA flight back Even though there was 5 whole mins to spare and the plane was still at the gate they were too late. They missed the flight back and then she has spent the whole day tagging British Airways that it’s their fault, they were put up in a shit hotel and not the 5 star freebies she’s used to, clearly expecting something free from BA as she has mentioned she’s a #travelblogger.
I’m disgusted at her spoilt attitude and have now unfollowed!

Sybilla

I’ve followed her blog for many years but I’m just bored by it now. I have no interest in yet another Boden try on or seeing this pair on yet another holiday.

Bumble2019

VIP Member
It really is the weirdest trip. Yes, why do those women have no followings? So bizarre. Even the boats cook looked annoyed by her! Nikki isn’t selling the trip AT ALL! Why is she even there. Can’t wait for the bitchy digs about Americans versus the English when she returns and Malcolm has stroked her huge ego once again.

pinkrobot

VIP Member
Funny how her eyes never felt quite right in (plebby) high street glasses as soon as a paid partnership came calling.

• Haha

shoppingaddict123

Chatty Member
They are off on another freebie holiday! Her husband is beyond irritating thinks he’s funny but he’s a prize twat! Does he actually have a real life job?
---

Insufferable Malcolm that is so spot on!! He’s an oink

Last edited:

Bumble2019

VIP Member
So, now we have “what I wore” selfies outside the church for a funeral?????? The “tone-deaf”-ness isn’t just restricted to overselling and “buy me coffees”.

Appallingly disrespectful and rude. What an arse.
Haha I hadn't taken note of the second shot where she's actually taken the jacket off in January to showcase her outfit properly outside the church! I have no words!!

Other thoughts - I cant believe she bought all 3 boys and the girlfriend new trainers. How much must she earn!? That said, I think you can tell she doesn't like her eldests girlfriend. Or the Mother in Law - but she's already made that VERY clear.

And am I sensing tensions within her family. Surely Nikki of all people didn't "forget" to get a picture with the rest of her family, she never misses any other opportunity does she!?

---

Oh and how pathetic that she's had to stage a hug from one of her sons inside the church. All is not what it seems on her "perfect family" blog....

shoppingaddict123

Chatty Member
Is it just her and 2 Americans? I thought it was a group trip not just a couple of peeps…don’t think I’d fancy that even if it was for free 😜

pinkrobot

VIP Member
I wondered if this thread had been reactivated. I have followed Nikki for years and had a positive impression. But her recent stories have reminded me that Insta posts (and, in her case, blogs) are so very carefully edited. I've unfollowed so many influencers/bloggers who get consumed by the greed and quite frankly don't add to my daily joy pot - but had thought (until recent months) that she had a bit more integrity.

It is really disappointing to see her endless moaning (just how many stories did she put up with that nasty strapline about BA). The sense of entitlement and privilege is unreal. She screwed up with the visas and miraculously they still made their flights out to Kenya with people working through the night trying to resolve it. In the real world thats your holiday down the pipes. Then missed her connecting flight coming home - its happened to us all ffs - and wasn't put up in a 5 star palace in Nairobi.

Is this such an extreme hardship (that she feels the need to share it with everyone) after a FREE luxury two week holiday, coming a mere 5 months after her previous FREE luxury holiday. Holidays which they're definitely in a position to pay for themselves.

shoppingaddict123

Chatty Member
Yep the whispery updates are so annoying! Speak normally ....how did these two suddenly get these trips? It’s not the first jolly ...he just come across as irritating as hell! Immature springs to mind

Bumble2019

VIP Member
She's SO ungrateful. Moaning now that "travel isn't like a holiday" and she misses her boys. No one held a gun to your head Nikki, I'm sure you jumped at the chance of a freebie holiday.