Midlifechic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, Boden would never be the first place I would look for anything these days. They used to be all over feeds then kind of vanished…

New marketing strategy?

Anyway, new season, still the same old shite.

Her husband is now on on the blogs ! No doubt looking for his own freebies! I find him odd ...No idea what he does for a living but pose and look naff! She lives a charmed life a tit ton of free stuff John Lewis furnished their flat in Newcastle by the looks of it. 🙄Has anyone seen the prices they are charging for a night they are eye watering....

£225 per night for a weekend! So £450 for a weekend mental !

Her husband is now on on the blogs ! No doubt looking for his own freebies! I find him odd ...No idea what he does for a living but pose and look naff! She lives a charmed life a tit ton of free stuff John Lewis furnished their flat in Newcastle by the looks of it. 🙄Has anyone seen the prices they are charging for a night they are eye watering....

Yes, its crazy, its a nasty dark, dingy flat that she wouldn't even put a new fresh kitchen in (presumably because that bit wasn't "gifted") On every blog post these days its all "I'm sure we're all spending more carefully at the moment" etc etc but in reality they are just promoting expensive sh!te and hoping people bite. Notice how she responds to readers comments in seconds if its to encourage them to "check out" the stuff in their baskets asap etc, she's just a sh!tty saleswoman at the end of the day...

No one needs some nasty metallic polyurethane mini skirt from Boden but she is preying on a set of vulnerable women with money to spare (or not).

Has anyone seen the prices they are charging for a night they are eye watering....

that’s ludicrous!

and yes, the constant shilling- it’s literally sales post after sales post. Absolutely tone deaf - at least other blogger/Instagrammers mix it up a bit and don’t sell sell sell in every single post. Is she still asking for people to buy her a coffee too?

So, now we have “what I wore” selfies outside the church for a funeral?????? The “tone-deaf”-ness isn’t just restricted to overselling and “buy me coffees”.

Appallingly disrespectful and rude. What an arse.

Reactions: 1
So, now we have “what I wore” selfies outside the church for a funeral?????? The “tone-deaf”-ness isn’t just restricted to overselling and “buy me coffees”.

Appallingly disrespectful and rude. What an arse.
Haha I hadn't taken note of the second shot where she's actually taken the jacket off in January to showcase her outfit properly outside the church! I have no words!!

Other thoughts - I cant believe she bought all 3 boys and the girlfriend new trainers. How much must she earn!? That said, I think you can tell she doesn't like her eldests girlfriend. Or the Mother in Law - but she's already made that VERY clear.

And am I sensing tensions within her family. Surely Nikki of all people didn't "forget" to get a picture with the rest of her family, she never misses any other opportunity does she!?

---

Oh and how pathetic that she's had to stage a hug from one of her sons inside the church. All is not what it seems on her "perfect family" blog....

Reactions: 2
I agree. There is something off within her family. They’re definitely not as close as she likes to make out.

I also got the impression that she was very annoyed with her mother in law for refusing to get out of her Pjs after a fall on Christmas Day.

mother in law probably doesn’t like her either.

I thought her blog was supposed to be all about style, now it just seems a constant blag for freebie holidays. Did she mean to giveaway her destination so early on her latest blag? See the insufferable Malcolm is along for the ride too....

Reactions: 3
Well in midlife we can all spend all our time grabbing our hair, grinning awkwardly into the camera wearing our “it’s obviously Boden but I won’t confirm —you have to install a cookie placing aff link to rstyle to find out” outfits whilst on a break somewhere. God forbid you’d have to research or pay for them yourself….

I’d resolved to delete my hate reads in 2023 but I seem to still be here….🤣

Bit ironic that the travel stories started off praising the travel company for taking care of everything and even picking them up from the house to take them to the airport and then we find out they forgot to get visas. Ah so they don't take care of everything then.

Reactions: 3
They are off on another freebie holiday! Her husband is beyond irritating thinks he’s funny but he’s a prize twit! Does he actually have a real life job?
---

Insufferable Malcolm that is so spot on!! He’s an oink

Last edited:
She's SO ungrateful. Moaning now that "travel isn't like a holiday" and she misses her boys. No one held a gun to your head Nikki, I'm sure you jumped at the chance of a freebie holiday.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder whether the ‘forgot about the Visas’ debacle was the idea of the travel company so they could advertise how quickly they can sort things out for you. In their own FAQ on their website it says they will tell you if you need a visa and advertise their partnership with a visa company.

She doesn’t seem to be enjoying herself particularly, but then as she says it’s not a holiday, it’s a press trip so you have to ’work’ for the freebies. I’ll give it to her though, she clearly feels uncomfortable doing instagram stories but she’s persevering!

Not sure why all their luggage had to fit into a tiny backpack either. They’re not exactly backpacking.

Attachments

Yes the instagram stories certainly take away any shine she manages to fake on her blog!

The whole visa thing was a very odd way to start by selling the company to us.

Fed up of her whispery updates already. She couldn't look more out of place or disinterested if she tried. Why do these companies use these bloggers. Nikki is clearly far happier posing around Kalkan in Boden outfits.

Yep the whispery updates are so annoying! Speak normally ....how did these two suddenly get these trips? It’s not the first jolly ...he just come across as irritating as hell! Immature springs to mind

I can't believe that the companies think they get any value out of this. She says shes struggling to get wifi so there wouldnt be many updates. There's barely been any so far and the ones she has done have been drowned out by wind or whispered you can barely hear her. Honestly, what value is she adding, how is she in any way selling that holiday to us. I just don't get it.

So she’s been away on a freebie Ad/Presstrip (whatever that is) and moaned before she left about not being told she needed a visa for her free paid holiday to Mombasa and almost missing the whole trip. But hey..she made it, took lots of pics of how amazing it was etc etc (well it was free so it would be great).
However the return first leg was delayed to Nairobi therefore too late to board the BA flight back Even though there was 5 whole mins to spare and the plane was still at the gate they were too late. They missed the flight back and then she has spent the whole day tagging British Airways that it’s their fault, they were put up in a tit hotel and not the 5 star freebies she’s used to, clearly expecting something free from BA as she has mentioned she’s a #travelblogger.
I’m disgusted at her spoilt attitude and have now unfollowed!

So she’s been away on a freebie Ad/Presstrip (whatever that is) and moaned before she left about not being told she needed a visa for her free paid holiday to Mombasa and almost missing the whole trip. But hey..she made it, took lots of pics of how amazing it was etc etc (well it was free so it would be great).
However the return first leg was delayed to Nairobi therefore too late to board the BA flight back Even though there was 5 whole mins to spare and the plane was still at the gate they were too late. They missed the flight back and then she has spent the whole day tagging British Airways that it’s their fault, they were put up in a tit hotel and not the 5 star freebies she’s used to, clearly expecting something free from BA as she has mentioned she’s a #travelblogger.
I’m disgusted at her spoilt attitude and have now unfollowed!
I didn't follow all her stories after she left the safari but did see her moans and constant tagging off British Airways. I WILL fly BA again thanks Nikki despite your pathetic attempts to slag them off. Just how entitled and spoilt IS this woman, honestly! Get over yourself Nikki, there's a cost of living crisis (which you pretend to be sensitive to) and all you can moan about is delayed or missed flights.

I wondered if this thread had been reactivated. I have followed Nikki for years and had a positive impression. But her recent stories have reminded me that Insta posts (and, in her case, blogs) are so very carefully edited. I've unfollowed so many influencers/bloggers who get consumed by the greed and quite frankly don't add to my daily joy pot - but had thought (until recent months) that she had a bit more integrity.

It is really disappointing to see her endless moaning (just how many stories did she put up with that nasty strapline about BA). The sense of entitlement and privilege is unreal. She screwed up with the visas and miraculously they still made their flights out to Kenya with people working through the night trying to resolve it. In the real world thats your holiday down the pipes. Then missed her connecting flight coming home - its happened to us all ffs - and wasn't put up in a 5 star palace in Nairobi.

Is this such an extreme hardship (that she feels the need to share it with everyone) after a FREE luxury two week holiday, coming a mere 5 months after her previous FREE luxury holiday. Holidays which they're definitely in a position to pay for themselves.

I wondered if this thread had been reactivated. I have followed Nikki for years and had a positive impression. But her recent stories have reminded me that Insta posts (and, in her case, blogs) are so very carefully edited. I've unfollowed so many influencers/bloggers who get consumed by the greed and quite frankly don't add to my daily joy pot - but had thought (until recent months) that she had a bit more integrity.

It is really disappointing to see her endless moaning (just how many stories did she put up with that nasty strapline about BA). The sense of entitlement and privilege is unreal. She screwed up with the visas and miraculously they still made their flights out to Kenya with people working through the night trying to resolve it. In the real world thats your holiday down the pipes. Then missed her connecting flight coming home - its happened to us all ffs - and wasn't put up in a 5 star palace in Nairobi.

Is this such an extreme hardship (that she feels the need to share it with everyone) after a FREE luxury two week holiday, coming a mere 5 months after her previous FREE luxury holiday. Holidays which they're definitely in a position to pay for themselves.
Exactly. Well said. And I fear she now sees herself and Malcolm as mid life travel bloggers so we will be made to suffer more of these.

It did make me laugh when she sang (very badly I may add) in the back of the safari jeep, the look on the others faces were hysterical.