Michelle Heaton

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No I am likely really defensive because of my cousins alcoholism she had stage 3b cervical cancer and then became an alcoholic she survived by some miracle both the cancer and the alcoholism. I can tell by looking at that picture of Michelle and other pictures that it is likely her liver may have been failing and it would take a lot of drink for that. I doubt she would lie as doctors at the priory would see her on the media and even though they can’t break confidentiality they could confirm her liver was not failing if it wasn’t as it would be a lie. As for the school run etc there are alcoholics who hold down jobs and hide their alcoholism until they can’t anymore. It’s impossible to keep it going. I didn’t know about that Tik Toc. What I am saying is though she clearly isn’t lying about how alcoholism almost killed her. As for going to the media etc that’s up to her.

Doctors cannot reveal anything about their patients and as the poster above says no Dr would contradict anything released to the press as it would be breaking the Hippocratic oath.

I can tell by looking at pictures of Michelle that they are probably exaggerated. IMHO she is a liar who is desperate for publicity and it will be a few months before the next health scare - rinse and repeat ad nauseam.

Reactions: 16
No I am likely really defensive because of my cousins alcoholism she had stage 3b cervical cancer and then became an alcoholic she survived by some miracle both the cancer and the alcoholism. I can tell by looking at that picture of Michelle and other pictures that it is likely her liver may have been failing and it would take a lot of drink for that. I doubt she would lie as doctors at the priory would see her on the media and even though they can’t break confidentiality they could confirm her liver was not failing if it wasn’t as it would be a lie. As for the school run etc there are alcoholics who hold down jobs and hide their alcoholism until they can’t anymore. It’s impossible to keep it going. I didn’t know about that Tik Toc. What I am saying is though she clearly isn’t lying about how alcoholism almost killed her. As for going to the media etc that’s up to her.
Ha ha! Katie Price said that she was at the Priory for a month. She bloody wasn't. Only pics of her standing outside the driveway that led to the Priory. We know it was lies coz she never had that amount of time where she wasn't somewhere else in the world... this one will be the same. The Priory is not a charity - it charges a high price as it produces results to those who actually commit to the program following diagnosis. It isn't a health spa...

Reactions: 9
You really believe that one person can have so much misfortune befall them? You really believe that someone drinking 2 bottles of wine, a bottle of vodka and doing a few lines of coke every single day for 2 years would have been able to do the school run? You think her husband found it so amusing that he posted videos of her licking wine off the carpet on TikTok when she was in the throes of her addiction?

Do you have access to her medical records to know that her liver was failing?

'It's not something anyone would want in the media'. Easy solution - don't tell them. Unless of course she's desperate for attention and publicity.

IMVHO she is a lying charlatan and I don't believe a word of it.
Until you have experienced alcoholism and its effects you have ZERO idea of its impact both mentally and physically. She spoke to Lorraine very candidly about her alcoholism. What has happened to being kind - its this stigma and judgement that keep people in the cycle of addiction through shaming from others. And yes a person drinking that amount can function for quite a long time until it becomes too much and the bottom falls out of their world - alcoholism is a disease - I am in recovery - I drank 4 bottles of wine a day - I held down my job, from the outside was the perfect mum - but it all became too much - just like Michelle - and I asked for help - hardest but best thing I have done. She should be applauded for highlighting this awful awful disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Until you have experienced alcoholism and its effects you have ZERO idea of its impact both mentally and physically. She spoke to Lorraine very candidly about her alcoholism. What has happened to being kind - its this stigma and judgement that keep people in the cycle of addiction through shaming from others. And yes a person drinking that amount can function for quite a long time until it becomes too much and the bottom falls out of their world - alcoholism is a disease - I am in recovery - I drank 4 bottles of wine a day - I held down my job, from the outside was the perfect mum - but it all became too much - just like Michelle - and I asked for help - hardest but best thing I have done. She should be applauded for highlighting this awful awful disease.

I have experienced alcoholism and its effects so don't think otherwise.

Good for you and I'm glad you are recovering, that shows testament to your strength.

Be kind? Sorry that's performative bullshit, mainly used by instagram huns. Look, if Michelle wasn't in the press every 2 minutes with one ailment or another, I wouldn't be so cynical. Also, her children risk being ridiculed at school because of her need for attention. & I actually think she is doing more harm than good and is actually giving out a very dangerous message that the liver regenerates itself and you can be cured after a month in the priory. Alcoholism is a LOT more complex than that. I genuinely think she is ill, but it's Munchausens. She's not 'highlighting' anything other than her need for attention. She probably overdid it in Lockdown, I know I did, but I do not believe that she descended into alcoholism and as previously mentioned, why was her husband happy to film her licking wine on the carpet with their daughter present rather than getting her help? None of it adds up to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Good for you and I'm glad you are recovering, that shows testament to your strength.

Be kind? Sorry that's performative bullshit, mainly used by instagram huns. Look, if Michelle wasn't in the press every 2 minutes with one ailment or another, I wouldn't be so cynical. Also, her children risk being ridiculed at school because of her need for attention. & I actually think she is doing more harm than good and is actually giving out a very dangerous message that the liver regenerates itself and you can be cured after a month in the priory. Alcoholism is a LOT more complex than that. I genuinely think she is ill, but it's Munchausens. She's not 'highlighting' anything other than her need for attention. She probably overdid it in Lockdown, I know I did, but I do not believe that she descended into alcoholism and as previously mentioned, why was her husband happy to film her licking wine on the carpet with their daughter present rather than getting her help? None of it adds up to me.
Hardly one ailment or another she has the BRCA2 gene and had to have a double mastectomy and hysterectomy. I can’t believe people are saying she has munchausens its insane. She is clearly an alcoholic (in recovery now) and has had a shed load of health issues early menopause etc a non functioning pancreas.

Reactions: 5
Hardly one ailment or another she has the BRCA2 gene and had to have a double mastectomy and hysterectomy. I can’t believe people are saying she has munchausens its insane. She is clearly an alcoholic (in recovery now) and has had a shed load of health issues early menopause etc a non functioning pancreas.
It's clear that she has not been well at all, but it's not crystal clear exactly why.

I do find it very odd that her family would recently joke about her spilling alcohol considering she's alcoholic.... And it's also clear that's she's profited from talking about her various illnesses before.

Reactions: 15
Pure comedy Gold.
LSL takes herself TOO SERIOUSLY.
MINUS humour.

Michelle seemed good with him but it couldnt work woth her the sister not being happy. Who would think they were that important to intervene in what seemd like a perfectly happy pairing.

As for her hoping for a top 10 and enquiring.
Shame Social media wasnt around we couldve told her NO! Before this aired.
Cringefest in a good way.
No top 10.😄
No way no way!!😁

Any chance of her giving it another go?
Pleeaasseee
Lockdown with LSL and family!
Her manager though 😅 it seemed like he has zero interest.
More about his comeback😂

Petition: the return of Lisa Scott Lee to reity TV. 😂
Unfortunately, that's very unlikely - Lisa mentioned in a Guardian article a couple years back that she wishes Totally Scott Lee would 'go away'. https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/06/steps-pop-comeback-britney-bust-ups-b-list-at-capital
(Although as a side note, that article has some moments that feel very TLS - had me creasing when I found it the other day 😂)

Reactions: 2

She had a hysterectomy and mastectomy, a few years back she was addicted to slimming pills which has caused heart problems which she is on lifelong medication for. She is also on lifelong medication for her liver and pancreas following her alleged alcoholism. When was the last time she was in the press for any other reason than an illness/condition? She's a professional hypochondriac and has been repeatedly been said the timelines do not add up, and why was her husband posting jokey tik-toks of her licking wine off the carpet if she was 'weeks from death'?

Reactions: 15

Are you a doctor? Are you qualified to diagnose Munchausens??? At not one point did she say her liver was back to normal quite the reverse and she openly admits her pancreas is fucked. As for be kind? I actually think its very important to be kind. I have had a lot of issues in my life and turned to alcohol to cope - as did Michelle. She has also NOT said that she is cured and is living and working a 12 step programme which is a lifelong journey. What experience do you have of alcoholism to diagnose whether someone is ill or not - the main thing is that she is SOBER doesn't matter how she got there and the only requirement for AA or any other 12 step programme is a desire to stop drinking and work a programme of recovery. I have countless photographs of me with a drink in my hand with my family around me when I was in the throng of my disease - where they aware of it - yes - did they enable it - no - maybe her husband did need to get her help - but until she was ready there was no point. Having sat in countless rooms with recovering alcoholics I absolutely believe Michelle - and at the end of they day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as she is well so why you are so intent on calling her out and diagnosing Munchausens is beyond me tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I disagree with a lot that is said on this thread about Michelle’s alcoholism. If you don’t understand the disease you will not understand what she has gone through. I have a family member who was a fully blown alcoholic and hid the severity of it for a long time. She managed to take her children to school and do the bare minimum. I fully believe that Michelle am as at deaths door the picture of her confirms that to me. She was a top scale alcoholic who liver was failing and pancreas doesn’t work still as result. That only happens to people who have abused alcohol severely. She was very ill and I am glad she is recovering. I don’t believe she has munchasens she has suffered from an eating disorder diet pill misuse is common with this, has the BRCA gene and had to have a double mastectomy and hysterectomy to avoid get very aggressive cancer which would most likely have killed her. She used alcohol to cope for many years and it caught up with her and almost killed her. I wish her the best. It’s not something anyone would want in the media but her addiction almost killed her and she is trying to salvage her life and make it up to her children and husband.

Also that picture is not an allergic reaction that is alcoholism at it’s worse.
I was a “full blown alcoholic” and still am, I’m just not a practicing alcoholic. If you walk into an AA room there are so many different stories snd one of the first things I remember hearing is that not all alcoholics are the park bench, woman drinkers. So of course there are high functioning alcoholics but, in my experience, they too only put across what they want people to see.

I’m lucky to be alive. After my 5th alcohol withdrawal seizure, I gave in to what I’d been hearing and have been sober since. Everyone’s story is different. I drank every single day pretty much for over a year, straight vodka in the end and I wasn’t functioning at all.

I don’t agree with how she’s going about things, just because I’m cautious about her telling everyone - not just on her own social media but I believe on TV shows too - just how sober she is. I used to do that because I thought if I told everyone, it would mean I wouldn’t relapse. That didn’t age well at all and the time I really did stop, I barely mentioned it, just quietly went to my meetings, worked the steps and took everything a day at a time.

I think Michelle got a lot of sympathy with her previous health issues and she’s desperate for the attention and validation in her life. I don’t know anyone who could put their body by so much - especially when they’ve had previous health issues - that is still alive. It just doesn’t sound plausible.

Nobody here wishes her any harm but she’s not exempt from questioning over things she puts out there, just like all the other people with threads on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Are you a doctor? Are you qualified to diagnose Munchausens??? At not one point did she say her liver was back to normal quite the reverse and she openly admits her pancreas is fucked. As for be kind? I actually think its very important to be kind. I have had a lot of issues in my life and turned to alcohol to cope - as did Michelle. She has also NOT said that she is cured and is living and working a 12 step programme which is a lifelong journey. What experience do you have of alcoholism to diagnose whether someone is ill or not - the main thing is that she is SOBER doesn't matter how she got there and the only requirement for AA or any other 12 step programme is a desire to stop drinking and work a programme of recovery. I have countless photographs of me with a drink in my hand with my family around me when I was in the throng of my disease - where they aware of it - yes - did they enable it - no - maybe her husband did need to get her help - but until she was ready there was no point. Having sat in countless rooms with recovering alcoholics I absolutely believe Michelle - and at the end of they day it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as she is well so why you are so intent on calling her out and diagnosing Munchausens is beyond me tbh.
The problem is that after a while the same z-lebs presenting with endless woe is me stories becomes like the boy who cried wolf. That's her fault and the others. That's why a lot of people simply go 'here she goes again, Lorraine, This Morning, Loose Women...' rinse, repeat. Mixing with people like Katie Price, a continuing addict, will do her recovery no good at all and will mean even less people think she is taking things seriously. I wish you continued success with your recovery and would not belittle the battle you have been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Are YOU a doctor?
Of course I'm not qualified to diagnose anything and I never said I was, I am stating an OPINION, not claiming it as fact. The woman has spent her whole career selling every fart and I remain sceptical, as is my right. I too think it's important to be kind but also important to call someone out when in my opinion they are embellishing the truth.

I commend you for your recovery and I truly mean that. I drink too much myself, although I don't consider myself an alcoholic. IMVHO, Michelle is a professional hypochondriac and has a form of Munchausens. I am not stating that as fact, it is merely my opinion.

As for her husband, I still don't buy that she was a serious alcoholic if he was happy to post piss take videos of her sniffing wine from the carpet with her kids in the same room. Sorry, just absolutely no.

So if you are not belittling my battle, which I really appreciate, then please don't belittle hers - everyone deserves recovery - the thing is she has lived her life through the eye of the public and so will obviously share her recovery - it's not a bad thing and does it actually affect anyone apart from her? If it helps just one person isn't that a good thing? There are countless celebrities who have spoken about their recovery - Denise Welsh, Gerard Butler, Ewen McGregor, Matthew Perry, Eva Mendes, Bradley Cooper, Michael Parkinson, Tom Hardy, Elton John, Davina McCall, Anthony Hopkins, Ant McPartlin - I could go on - she is not the first - why is her story so much more unbelievable than theirs? Why should she deserve less sympathy than me?

She has children to consider who will have attention thrust at them because of her quest for publicity.

& with respect the people you have quoted as sharing their recovery had a separate career and obvious talent. Michelle doesn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was a “full blown alcoholic” and still am, I’m just not a practicing alcoholic. If you walk into an AA room there are so many different stories snd one of the first things I remember hearing is that not all alcoholics are the park bench, woman drinkers. So of course there are high functioning alcoholics but, in my experience, they too only put across what they want people to see.

I’m lucky to be alive. After my 5th alcohol withdrawal seizure, I gave in to what I’d been hearing and have been sober since. Everyone’s story is different. I drank every single day pretty much for over a year, straight vodka in the end and I wasn’t functioning at all.

I don’t agree with how she’s going about things, just because I’m cautious about her telling everyone - not just on her own social media but I believe on TV shows too - just how sober she is. I used to do that because I thought if I told everyone, it would mean I wouldn’t relapse. That didn’t age well at all and the time I really did stop, I barely mentioned it, just quietly went to my meetings, worked the steps and took everything a day at a time.

I think Michelle got a lot of sympathy with her previous health issues and she’s desperate for the attention and validation in her life. I don’t know anyone who could put their body by so much - especially when they’ve had previous health issues - that is still alive. It just doesn’t sound plausible.

Nobody here wishes her any harm but she’s not exempt from questioning over things she puts out there, just like all the other people with threads on here.
If you have been in the rooms of AA and are working a 12 step programme then you should not be questioning anyone's sobriety and you should also know that it is astounding how much the body will actually recover from - I actually cannot believe that I am still alive considering how much alcohol I put through my system - it is absolutely plausible believe me.

I am going to leave this thread now - but what this has 100% proved to me is that unless you have experienced alcoholism at the cold face then you have absolutely no idea about it and have no right to judge. Also it has proved to me how important recovery groups such as AA are as nobody judges you there - alcoholics are not bad people trying to be good, we are ill people desperate to get well and I hope Michelle stays well as life is so much better sober.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Nobody is claiming alcoholics are bad people and I, and many other critics of Heaton have much experience of this disease. I think you are taking it personally and need to see why people are cynical.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Are YOU a doctor?
Of course I'm not qualified to diagnose anything and I never said I was, I am stating an OPINION, not claiming it as fact. The woman has spent her whole career selling every fart and I remain sceptical, as is my right. I too think it's important to be kind but also important to call someone out when in my opinion they are embellishing the truth.

I commend you for your recovery and I truly mean that. I drink too much myself, although I don't consider myself an alcoholic. IMVHO, Michelle is a professional hypochondriac and has a form of Munchausens. I am not stating that as fact, it is merely my opinion.

As for her husband, I still don't buy that she was a serious alcoholic if he was happy to post piss take videos of her sniffing wine from the carpet with her kids in the same room. Sorry, just absolutely no.

She has children to consider who will have attention thrust at them because of her quest for publicity.

& with respect the people you have quoted as sharing their recovery had a separate career and obvious talent. Michelle doesn't.
Angelina Jolie went to court to stop Brad Pitt seeing their children because of his alcoholism yet he is still a Hollywood Goldenboy? Alcoholism is a leveller and whether you are drinking out of a crystal goblet in a penthouse or out of a paper bag on a park bench its all the same - talent has nothing to do with it.

Nobody is claiming alcoholics are bad people and I, and many other critics of Heaton have much experience of this disease. I think you are taking it personally and need to see why people are cynical.
If you had experience you wouldn't be so judgemental.

Angelina Jolie went to court to stop Brad Pitt seeing their children because of his alcoholism yet he is still a Hollywood Goldenboy? Alcoholism is a leveller and whether you are drinking out of a crystal goblet in a penthouse or out of a paper bag on a park bench its all the same - talent has nothing to do with it.

My point was merely that this seems to be Heaton's career these days, gaining attention from one illness or another. Brad Pitt is a douche IMHO but he does still have a career as an actor.

If you had experience you wouldn't be so judgemental.

Wrong.

Reactions: 2
If you have been in the rooms of AA and are working a 12 step programme then you should not be questioning anyone's sobriety and you should also know that it is astounding how much the body will actually recover from - I actually cannot believe that I am still alive considering how much alcohol I put through my system - it is absolutely plausible believe me.

I am going to leave this thread now - but what this has 100% proved to me is that unless you have experienced alcoholism at the cold face then you have absolutely no idea about it and have no right to judge. Also it has proved to me how important recovery groups such as AA are as nobody judges you there - alcoholics are not bad people trying to be good, we are ill people desperate to get well and I hope Michelle stays well as life is so much better sober.
I am in recovery and have a number of years under my belt - but I’m still entitled to an opinion. Since when do we have to believe everything someone says? I’ve been in meetings and sponsor situations where I’ve thought what the person says doesn’t sound believable and when it’s been from a sponsee I’ve questioned things. Because recovery is about being honest in all your affairs. Do you know Michelle is doing that? You don’t, anymore than nobody else knows for sure she isn’t.

Of course the body is magnificent thing, and I acknowledged that by admitting I was lucky to be alive.

Be kind is also about not jumping down the throat of fellow posters because they don’t agree with you. You criticise me for having an opinion yet you’re telling me I shouldn’t question anybody’s sobriety. You’re also questioning my alcoholism - I have experienced at the coal face and I’m married to a recovering alcoholic - but as said before, that does not take away my right to think something doesn’t sound believable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
People are doubting her because her Instagram posts show a very different tale to the one she was telling.
Death’s door from alcoholism in October, doing a panto in Liverpool in December?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People are doubting her because her Instagram posts show a very different tale to the one she was telling.
Death’s door from alcoholism in October, doing a panto in Liverpool in December?
And just having done a few songs with the other 2 Liberty X girls at some dreadful 80's revival thing. Probably she was drumming up traffic for that...

Reactions: 3