Michael and Dave Kay #5 I wouldn’t go out of my way for a vaccine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hot takes:
1. Watch Michael while he’s listening to people speak. A common trait of narcissists is that they inappropriately interject — as in, they don’t react during conversations in a natural way. You know how when you’re telling someone a story and they might nod or say “yeah” or “mhmm” or whatever? Narcissists can’t do this naturally because they lack empathy, so they have to guess, and it ends up being super awkward. Pay attention when he does this — it’s usually not happening at the natural places where one would expect it to.
YESSSSSS!!! This was absolutely one of the things I called him out on when trying to have serious conversations

Reactions: 7
Dave's video with Michele and her first trip to Gatorland: Didn't watch. It's basically a video about Michele. That's not interesting content. That's Dave hoping his sister can spark some viewer interest. No thanks.

Michael interviewing David for travel hacks. No. Just no.
I shan to agree with you trex, they really think their sister is that important. If you ask me, she is a whiney brat.

Reactions: 4
Thread title suggestion

Los Lonely Boys, the Farewell Tour. Wait is it LOS or LAS?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
4. He really just spent 45 minutes basically admitting that he only does Run Disney because he’s addicted to exclusive experiences and he wants the merch.
To be fair, the only reason to consider an over priced Run Disney event is the experience. He can run for free any time he wants

Reactions: 1
To be fair, the only reason to consider an over priced Run Disney event is the experience. He can run for free any time he wants
Very true! I just find his hyper-fixation on the medals to be super off-putting in that very specific way that only Michael Kay can manage. Like at one point he interrupts to worriedly ask if you get a medal even if you get swept; and he says he’s already bought a large holder for all his medals even though he currently only has 2 (one for a race he didn’t even participate in).

Does anyone know what race he’s doing this weekend? I noticed he’s being intentionally vague on Instagram — keeps mentioning marathon weekend and has commenters asking if he’s running the full marathon (AS IF LMAO), but so far I haven’t seen him confirm what he’s actually doing.

Reactions: 5
Very true! I just find his hyper-fixation on the medals to be super off-putting in that very specific way that only Michael Kay can manage. Like at one point he interrupts to worriedly ask if you get a medal even if you get swept; and he says he’s already bought a large holder for all his medals even though he currently only has 2 (one for a race he didn’t even participate in).

Does anyone know what race he’s doing this weekend? I noticed he’s being intentionally vague on Instagram — keeps mentioning marathon weekend and has commenters asking if he’s running the full marathon (AS IF LMAO), but so far I haven’t seen him confirm what he’s actually doing.
There is no way he is running a full, half or a 10K. He’s got to be doing the 5K again because those other three require some training. And God knows he isn’t even remotely close to doing any training since he’d be blasting that all over YouTube and Instagram.

Reactions: 3
There is no way he is running a full, half or a 10K. He’s got to be doing the 5K again because those other three require some training. And God knows he isn’t even remotely close to doing any training since he’d be blasting that all over YouTube and Instagram.
My daughter saw him at the expo today, and he had a 5K bib in his bag

Reactions: 6
If he did the 10K his butt would get swept. So he has to truffle shuffle the 5K and say he's a runner

Reactions: 2
If he did the 10K his butt would get swept. So he has to truffle shuffle the 5K and say he's a runner
I thought maybe he would be trying the 10K for the medal especially when he asked if you still get the medal if swept.

I don't care if he walks the 5K or signs up mainly for content and completes it. Run Disney is a very popular program and it is actually one of the smart things he is doing for his channel (although the content will still be bad).
What I don't like is him acting like he is running but that is what he does. He is deceptive and manipulative and all he cares about is the medal like the Castaway Cay 5K medal. He didn't even walk that one! I can't run anymore and never was a good runner in the first place. I can walk faster than I run these days and love my 6 miles or longer walks a few times a week so am a huge fan of walking.

He just dirties everything up and makes you feel like you need a shower after watching him.

Well Legglife doesn't plan them out 100%, they said they think about the topic then just start taking about it. Maybe they have a few key points. I think Legglife needs a thread on here.
I'd be there - used to watch now only occasionally hate watch when I'm in the mood to roll my eyes A LOT. I don't love, love, love them anymore 🤪

I'd be there - used to watch now only occasionally hate watch when I'm in the mood to roll my eyes A LOT. I don't love, love, love them anymore 🤪
We do need a LeggLife thread! To be clear, they aren’t even in the same universe as the Kays, and in my opinion they do seem like genuinely decent people... but man do I have some thoughts about some of their choices and content.

• Heart
I started watching the ill named making memories pt 2. Once you get past the cringey intro, Dave seems to turn into (dare I say) a normal person! Limited wierd faces and enunciation, but I couldn't get over watching fat head and all his MHMs and nodding and awkward sipping from a huge mug. Michael is just exhausting. It seems that maybe when Dave gets talking, he forgets and drops the wierd act.

I only watched until Michael asked with befuddlement how Dave makes sure there is a desk, coffee machine, and fridge at his airbnbs and if it is common. Wtf is wrong with him?

I started watching the ill named making memories pt 2. Once you get past the cringey intro, Dave seems to turn into (dare I say) a normal person! Limited wierd faces and enunciation, but I couldn't get over watching fat head and all his MHMs and nodding and awkward sipping from a huge mug. Michael is just exhausting. It seems that maybe when Dave gets talking, he forgets and drops the wierd act.

I only watched until Michael asked with befuddlement how Dave makes sure there is a desk, coffee machine, and fridge at his airbnbs and if it is common. Wtf is wrong with him?
I agree. Once Dave got past the intro and was done making those annoying faces, he actually appeared pretty normal. And if you didn't watch his awful Hawaii videos, you might have thought they would be somewhat decent by the way he was describing them (dare I say as well). I had it on while cleaning and actually stopped to listen for a bit. What is happening???????????? Michael was a hot mess so it didn't last too long though. He is awful in this new format.

We do need a LeggLife thread! To be clear, they aren’t even in the same universe as the Kays, and in my opinion they do seem like genuinely decent people... but man do I have some thoughts about some of their choices and content.
Yes, someone make one.

Also Michael has really became even more boring than before. Once Covid hit things fell flat for me. Also for some reason I think Michael is following in the path of the Leggs now with the podcast. Someone on the Leggs Instagram live posted about Michael's last cruise and they were like yeah well were not going to get into that.

of
Exactly. Michael is not a physics book, he's CliffsNotes of Dr. Seuss.

Reactions: 2
Yes, someone make one.

Also Michael has really became even more boring than before. Once Covid hit things fell flat for me. Also for some reason I think Michael is following in the path of the Leggs now with the podcast. Someone on the Leggs Instagram live posted about Michael's last cruise and they were like yeah well were not going to get into that.
I would but I have no idea how to make a new thread -- can someone help us out?

Re: podcasts in general — a lot of people think they’re interesting enough to have one, but they are wrong. Just like a lot of people think they’re interesting enough to write an autobiography but they’re wrong. Except the barrier to entry for writing and publishing an autobiography is pretty high, while pretty much the only thing you need to do to get a podcast going is buy a microphone. How lucky we are to be alive at such a time.

Actually Dave wins the viewing wars with Michael. Dave got 7.6% of his subs to watch by pimping out the sister. Michael could only get 6.2% to watch by pimping out Dave. Granted, the videos have only been out 24 hours. I’m sure they will eventually be serious money makers for them on YouTube /s.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.