Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have question, why do women wear leather trousers or leather shorts IN THIS HEAT??

• Wow
Reactions: 6
So annoyed, was at the beach all day yesterday and was topping up sun cream regularly, forgot to do my back though and Iv just went to lie in bed and it stings so bad! 😓 got up to look in the mirror and my whole upper back is red raw, guess I’ll be sleeping on my front now 😩😒

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just had a tepid bath with eucalyptus oil, I feel a bit cooler but my whole house feels like a sauna.

Reactions: 2
I actually managed to fall asleep quickly the other night...until I got woken up by my next door neighbours having ridiculously loud sex at 2am! Their windows were wide open & so was mine so I heard everything (and so did most of the street probably!)
How are they having sex in this heat 😩 god help my husband if he even tries

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If anyone has a spray water bottle try filling it with cold water or putting it in the freezer for a while. I have been using it during the day and taking it to bed. It really helps to cool you down, especially if you spray you legs and feet!

Reactions: 3
So annoyed, was at the beach all day yesterday and was topping up sun cream regularly, forgot to do my back though and Iv just went to lie in bed and it stings so bad! 😓got up to look in the mirror and my whole upper back is red raw, guess I’ll be sleeping on my front now 😩😒
When I had really bad sunburn this was all that helped. It doesn’t have alcohol in like others I’ve found (unless you have an actual aloe tree!) Also putting calamine lotion in the fridge and then pouring it onto a flannel so you can easily place it on your back. Might get your sheets a bit messy, but helps relieve the pain. https://www.beautybay.com/p/holika-holika/aloe-99-soothing-gel/

Wide awake cos of this bastard heat. I’m exhausted 💀
I’m heat intolerant due to illness and I get exhausted quickly. This is torture. I’m so hot.
Needed the loo and it’s one with no fan or window. I was perspiring so much, I nearly fainted.
I’m wide awake also and so exhausted. I hope we get a break from this soon.

That’s it. I’ve dunked my hair into a sink of cold water and I’m sitting by the fan, naked, to try and cool down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Seriously, is this going to be the 'norm' now. Do I need to buy a small air conditioner? 😫

Seriously, is this going to be the 'norm' now. Do I need to buy a small air conditioner? 😫
I hate the heat too, love it on holiday as you have a pool it less muggy. I'm in the South East and looks like its cooling down slightly tomorrow and then rain all weekend. I don't care, it can rain, anything that clears the air.

Reactions: 6
I have question, why do women wear leather trousers or leather shorts IN THIS HEAT??
This reminds me of that episode of Friends where Ross is struggling with his leather trousers :D

Every year I moan about the heat then never buy anything to help for next time, then it’s always too late. This year I’m really considering investing in some extra fans and linen clothing so we are ready for the next time. I’m also sure I sure something about forecast for a heatwave in August :eek:

I hate the heat too, love it on holiday as you have a pool it less muggy. I'm in the South East and looks like its cooling down slightly tomorrow and then rain all weekend. I don't care, it can rain, anything that clears the air.
I really don’t mind having a rainy weekend to break it up a bit before the next heatwave. I’m sick of sweating!

• Haha
The thermometer in my office is reading 29.5 and my fan is just blowing warm air at me. send help.

• Wow
I've always felt the nice weather happens so sporadically in this country. We get blasts of extremely hot weather and then it cools down again and/or rains. However I did say to my partner that I suspect we'll end up installing some form of AC unit in this house. It's a new build so absolutely bloody boiling in the heat 😥

@emmer_moans That's a good idea. I hate dresses etc so live in shorts in this weather. But most of them are denim 😭

On a side note, for fatter people like myself why is it so hard to find decent shorts that aren't mixed materials and are bloody hot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.