Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bought a small portable air conditioning unit for my bedroom as I was sick of how hot it got in there every summer. It works.

I might also invest in linen clothes next year and I'm due to move house within the next year so I'll try and get ceiling fans for living room and bedroom too.

I hate wearing shorts though for some reason.

Reactions: 3
I've always felt the nice weather happens so sporadically in this country. We get blasts of extremely hot weather and then it cools down again and/or rains. However I did say to my partner that I suspect we'll end up installing some form of AC unit in this house. It's a new build so absolutely bloody boiling in the heat 😥

@emmer_moans That's a good idea. I hate dresses etc so live in shorts in this weather. But most of them are denim 😭

On a side note, for fatter people like myself why is it so hard to find decent shorts that aren't mixed materials and are bloody hot?
I've put weight on. I'm a 12-14 now and usually a 10. I bought some light cotton denim look shorts in matalan last week. Really thin and loose on the legs. Would recommend.

Reactions: 2
Just joining in here as I am utterly miserable. Currently 18 weeks pregnant and my legs and feet constantly feel like swollen, burning hams. Currently have 3 cold showers a day plus wrapping my legs with cold, wet towels all day.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I've put weight on. I'm a 12-14 now and usually a 10. I bought some light cotton denim look shorts in matalan last week. Really thin and loose on the legs. Would recommend.
Thanks but I'm a size 20 😂. Matalan are good but I don't always find their shorts/trousers comfy. Did pop onto Yours Clothing and bought some cool cotton shorts in their sale 👍

I bought a small portable air conditioning unit for my bedroom as I was sick of how hot it got in there every summer. It works.

I might also invest in linen clothes next year and I'm due to move house within the next year so I'll try and get ceiling fans for living room and bedroom too.

I hate wearing shorts though for some reason.
Ceiling fans are a bit tit, ime. Family home has them and they make no difference in heat like this

Reactions: 4
Im actually in tears.
I feel so unwell. I feel like people think I'm being over dramatic about the heat. I've had a headache for 2 days now aswell as nausea. The only way I can describe heat intolerance is like a permanent hot flush.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Im actually in tears.
I feel so unwell. I feel like people think I'm being over dramatic about the heat. I've had a headache for 2 days now aswell as nausea. The only way I can describe heat intolerance is like a permanent hot flush.
I was actually going to ask - is anyone feeling unwell in this heat? I start the day off rather OK. Then, by evening time, I wind up with a strong headache, stomach pains, nausea, exhaustion and overall sleepiness. I'm not sick per se, but I'm not all the way there either. I woke up with a congested nose this morning and I already have a headache. I can't stop sneezing either. I don't have a cold though. Rinse and repeat every single day. This puts me in a horrendous mood.

I was fine before this heatwave. I love the warm weather, but I can't cope with the physical symptoms.

Reactions: 6
Im actually in tears.
Do you have to work? Sounds awful 😕

All I did yesterday was moan 🤣 it was 27 at 6.30pm!!!

I was actually going to ask - is anyone feeling unwell in this heat? I start the day off rather OK. Then, by evening time, I wind up with a strong headache, stomach pains, nausea, exhaustion and overall sleepiness. I'm not sick per se, but I'm not all the way there either. I woke up with a congested nose this morning and I already have a headache. I can't stop sneezing either. I don't have a cold though. Rinse and repeat every single day. This puts me in a horrendous mood.

I was fine before this heatwave. I love the warm weather, but I can't cope with the physical symptoms.
I’ve woken with a headache!
mall my dog does he look at me to go out, we went at 7am but tbh it was getting warm then!

Do you have to work? Sounds awful 😕
Thankfully no. I dont work due to ill health. I had to get up because of an online grocery shop being due and no one else is home to do it

@TheGlossy this year just seems worse for it. Yeah my symptoms are headaches, nausea and heat hives. I'm getting 4 hours sleep if that a night

All I did yesterday was moan 🤣 it was 27 at 6.30pm!!!

I’ve woken with a headache!
mall my dog does he look at me to go out, we went at 7am but tbh it was getting warm then!
🤣 Same here!

It doesn't stop! I tried to open the windows before going to bed last night, hoping to get some breeze to bring the room's temperature down. Nope, no breeze, it was still warm as can be.

I don't want to complain about it as I love summer and I know I'll be missing the heat in November, but boy, this heat is something.

Thankfully no. I dont work due to ill health. I had to get up because of an online grocery shop being due and no one else is home to do it

@TheGlossy this year just seems worse for it. Yeah my symptoms are headaches, nausea and heat hives. I'm getting 4 hours sleep if that a night
Get into the coolest room in the house, pull the blinds and put the fan on. Take something for your headache and try to catch up on some sleep. Ever tried those kool n soothe patches for the forehead, they might be brilliant in the circumstances.

I actually managed to fall asleep quickly the other night...until I got woken up by my next door neighbours having ridiculously loud sex at 2am! Their windows were wide open & so was mine so I heard everything (and so did most of the street probably!)
Eeewwww I feel gross & sticky just thinking about shagging in this heat

Eeewwww I feel gross & sticky just thinking about shagging in this heat
No thanks!!! 🤣🤣🤣

🤣 Same here!

It doesn't stop! I tried to open the windows before going to bed last night, hoping to get some breeze to bring the room's temperature down. Nope, no breeze, it was still warm as can be.

I don't want to complain about it as I love summer and I know I'll be missing the heat in November, but boy, this heat is something.
I know I hate to moan but it’s so hot and muggy!
Now if all I had to do was lie in it by a pool with w cocktail 🍹 it maybe a different story! 🤣

Im actually in tears.
I'm the same it feels like my body is permanently on fire and I always get hives/rashes when I go out into the sun even with allergy based sun creams on. I want the snow back!

After being mugged off on Tuesday with the non existent rainstorm in my county that my weather app promised, I am looking forward to some rain this weekend so I can do the chores that I abandoned last weekend. I know some areas got rain and hail but in the Midlands where I am, nada since last week. Just need the humidity to be broken down a bit really.

• Sad
I didn’t sleep a wink last night and I’ve got work to do 😩 The fan is pointing at my face. I’m in such a miserable mood! I can’t even say I’ll have a quick nap because it’s 26c and everyone and their dog is playing out 🥲 ROLL ON WINTER

Still too hot for my liking (I'm only happy in single digits) but not as bad as yesterday and hopefully the rain will help a little

Screenshot 2021-07-22 11.32.40.png

Reactions: 1
I've got a headache and I've had stomach cramps since last night. I'm also feeling nauseous and exhausted. I don't cope well in heat.

Roll on autumn 🍂 I say.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.