Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't opened my curtains upstairs for 3 days now!
Ahh do you find it works for you? I've tried it and can't say it makes any difference for me, upstairs is still boiling with or without the curtains closed (and windows open) it's supposed too block the heat from coming in right? Well as I was out today I closed them see if it's cooler when come back but when I got back it was boiling still.

Reactions: 1
32 degrees in my room currently. Hottest room in the house and I’m not exaggerating when I say I’m dying🥴 Boiling isn’t even the word, I’m just so uncomfortable! When will this end?😩😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Does anyone know of some good air conditioners? No more that £150?
'Good' and 'under £150' would be tough to find at this time of year. I can see a few used on ebay. Make sure you go for at least 9000 btu unless it's for a tiny room.

This doesn't help now, but best time to buy is in the winter months as they jack up the prices in summer. This is mine. I did a lot of research and paid around £270 for it in Feb last year - it's currently £400! It works though, keeps my room at around 21c when it's 29c outside.

Reactions: 3
The thunderstorm never appeared and it’s still sooo hot. 😫 sleeping last night was impossible it was gross

Reactions: 4
It's cloudy and marginally cooler this morning so I'm running about like a mad person, opening all the windows to let some cool air in 😳

Reactions: 2
'Good' and 'under £150' would be tough to find at this time of year. I can see a few used on ebay. Make sure you go for at least 9000 btu unless it's for a tiny room.

This doesn't help now, but best time to buy is in the winter months as they jack up the prices in summer. This is mine. I did a lot of research and paid around £270 for it in Feb last year - it's currently £400! It works though, keeps my room at around 21c when it's 29c outside.
Thank you! I thought this might be the case, that I’m looking at the wrong time of year. Since this seems to be the new norm I’m going to have to get one I reckon. Does yours use up a lot of electricity?

I never get it when people say the hot weather and sun makes them not hungry. I wish that happened to me, might help me lose a bit of weight 🤣
This is me too! In fact I think I probably eat worse as it’s too hot to cook from scratch so I go for the convenience foods.

Last night seemed to cool down a bit, from 8pm onwards we had a slight breeze coming in the window so it was ok downstairs but upstairs was still an oven.

I panic about my toddler as can’t seem to keep her room below 29/30 by the evening despite keeping blinds and curtains closed all day and having a fan on full.

It was so hot last night, I barely slept. I'm counting down the days until it's cooler.

After a busy morning trying to do stuff before it gets too hot, I went outside to enjoy a coffee. Except my head neighbour seems to be getting work done that involves the smell of burning petrol/diesel?? So now I've dragged all the clothes I've hung outside back in and the smell is now in my house. Now feeling sick with a combo of heat and burning fumes 🤢

• Sad
Its a bit cooler here thank god!! I can see the sun creeping out behind the clouds though and the forecast says by 3pm we are back up to 29. Ffs!!!

The promised rain never came and it is so hot - I'm exhausted and finding it hard to focus on work at this point...

...as evidenced by this post.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The promised rain never came and it is so hot - I'm exhausted and finding it hard to focus on work at this point...

...as evidenced by this post.
The weather app promised thunderstorms yesterday and that was a massive lie 😭

It's only 24C today but the humidity is at 69% :rolleyes: I feel like this weather would genuinely be nice if we had lower humidity levels

• Heart
Feels cooler where I am today but still ‘stuffy’. Sun is behind clouds at the moment but I’d imagine it won’t be long before it comes out in full. Promised the kids a trip to the park after school I might just die.

Ohhh I'm a sweaty mess after cutting half the grass. I'm a sweaty person anyways without with heat. My poor old dog is miserable.

I like warm weather,but this humidity is too much. I'm happy at around 20c. 25 is bareable, anything higher just nope.

Whoever said to put the fan at your feet when sleeping, thank you 🥺❤ I managed to get good sleep last night because of this.

Also my friend told me to put my socks in the freezer 😂😂 and then put them on before bed lol
Haven’t tried that though so don’t know if it works!

Thank you! I thought this might be the case, that I’m looking at the wrong time of year. Since this seems to be the new norm I’m going to have to get one I reckon. Does yours use up a lot of electricity?
Had a quick look at last year's bills and they were about £5 higher in the summer months, so not too bad.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.