Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone find that they don’t feel hungry because of the heat but they they feel nauseous because they haven’t eaten much? Combined with hardly sleeping I feel like death very much warmed up.

Reactions: 10
I had an Amber warning for extreme heat flash up on my phone earlier. Severe weather warnings of any kind freak me out so much. Open your roof space at night and its supposed to be cooler, but its not working in my house.
I mentioned to this my husband as I saw a few people mention this but he says our roof space is boiling hot haha. So I assume this wouldn't help?? I'm clueless about things like this. People who live in countries that get hot all the time always have really good tips for keeping cool.

Reactions: 2
I like sunshine but it never seems to come without horrid humidity here.
Where I live humidity was at 90% this morning! 🥵

I mentioned to this my husband as I saw a few people mention this but he says our roof space is boiling hot haha. So I assume this wouldn't help?? I'm clueless about things like this. People who live in countries that get hot all the time always have really good tips for keeping cool.
I thought heat rises so the roof would be hotter? All I know is that I slept on the sofa downstairs last night because it was like an oven in my room.

I keep getting lightning alerts on my phone for neighbouring cities but not mine yet, the sky is completely clear. I’ll take a little bit of rain to break the heat a little, especially if the heatwave is to continue all week. I’ve got weeds growing outside making my drive look messy that I need to tend to but it’s been far to hot to bother doing them yet. A few hours of cooler weather would be perfect.

Reactions: 1
I'm pretty sure in winter I can stand these temperatures, folks visiting my house at that time of year basically have to strip off 😅 and tell me its too much. Is it psychological or is it actually hotter than the sun! @thegirlscout I've no appetite at all.

Had an hour of distant rumbling thunder earlier in the Midlands. I felt a few drops of rain on me… then nothing 🙃

Does anyone find that they don’t feel hungry because of the heat but they they feel nauseous because they haven’t eaten much? Combined with hardly sleeping I feel like death very much warmed up.
completely! My cat is the same, bless him.

today I decided to get some fresh fruit and stick it in the fridge and I had it this afternoon. It cooled me down and wasn’t anything too heavy. I also have some popcorn I may munch on later if I feel I need to as it’s sweet and salty so I can get a bit of salt and sugar in there. We had a mega storm earlier and it’s a little cooler now, thankfully.

I've lost my appetite completely because of this weather.

No thunder here but since 6pm, I've had three power cuts.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I never get it when people say the hot weather and sun makes them not hungry. I wish that happened to me, might help me lose a bit of weight 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
At 4pm my weather changed to 'rain soon'... microsoft and I have very different definitions of 'soon.'

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Seriously considering putting bed linen in the freezer for half an hour before bed. Would this work? I think it might.

Reactions: 4
Seems ever so slightly cooler here this evening. Only very slightly, a tiny little breeze and a few clouds.
Forecast 29 for tomorrow and Thursday though 🤮

Does anyone know of some good air conditioners? No more that £150?

Seriously considering putting bed linen in the freezer for half an hour before bed. Would this work? I think it might.
Maybe just a sheet and the pillows otherwise you’ll warm yourself up by putting it all back on? Freezing a hot water bottle or getting some ice packs and putting them in your bed might help?

• Heart
We’ve been forecasted storms for the past three days where I am but absolutely no sign of one 😂

I swear it was hotter today, I really struggled working today, I will be glad when the temperature is down to 22c.

Reactions: 6
Juat been woken up by my 4yo who I thought had been sick but he's just sweating so much his sheets are wet. The sod insists sleeping with a duvet and thick blanket so have downgraded him to just the blanket over his feet 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.