Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Horrendous this morning. I sweat at the drop of a hat so I feel gross all the time at the moment.

Hate having to try and find clothes I don’t feel like a sausage in as well. Can’t hide under leggings a hoodie in this heat 🥵

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It wasn't as bad last night but it feels hotter this morning than previous days... just three more days to go.

Horrendous this morning. I sweat at the drop of a hat so I feel gross all the time at the moment.

Hate having to try and find clothes I don’t feel like a sausage in as well. Can’t hide under leggings a hoodie in this heat 🥵
this is my trouble! I live in oversized hoodies and leggings normally. Today I have leggings and a bat wing three quarter length sleeve top. It’s massive as I’ve lost 3 stone so it should be quite airy. Everything else looks awful on me or is in the wash! First meeting done, one more and shopping to go and then I’m going to have a cold shower before flopping down until this evening. Most of the housework done, I’ll get up even earlier tomorrow to finish the rest before it gets too hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Got a meeting at 10 and I've got a vest top on. Considered whether it was inappropriate and then thought duck it, im not covering my shoulders or anything in this sweltering heat.
I'm on a work call right now and my hair covers my straps so I look naked. I'm just going with it. :LOL:

• Haha
This heat is disgusting

Can not be bothered to do anything today. I'm sunburnt I'm not sleeping I'm miserable as duck.

Hurry up autumn 😂

Not even lunchtime yet and myself, the baby, the toddler and the dog are huddled in the living room with the blinds closed. The poor dog looks so fed up already and she's usually a right sun whorshipper!

Not even lunchtime yet and myself, the baby, the toddler and the dog are huddled in the living room with the blinds closed. The poor dog looks so fed up already and she's usually a right sun whorshipper!
I haven't opened my curtains upstairs for 3 days now!

Reactions: 5
Wearing sunscreen in the summer is always a pain but its worse when its so so hot definitely. I just feel permanently damp between that and sweat!

The noise is doing my head in as much as the heat - I'm having to have my window open 24 hours and I've got traffic, people, neighbours, dogs, parties, lawn mowers, my fan, my computer fan, my housemate's fan through the wall... it's just non-stop noise, even through headphones.

I'm tempted to try and find a hedge in an isolated field and just lie under it for a bit.

• Haha
Seems like it might be cooling where I am a bit now, it's clouding over and there's a nice breeze.

I had a shower before bed last night, felt fresh for 5 mins. Woke up at 6am with the bedroom like a sauna, neck drenched as it was jammed against my pillow, ugh. Went immediately into shower, felt fresh for 5 mins, started sweating again while just getting the breakfast ready. Nearly 3pm now, waiting for 5pm log off time so I can go shove my face in the fridge.

I like sunshine but it never seems to come without horrid humidity here.

Last edited:
Got about three hours sleep last night, bedroom was like an oven despite having fans on both sides of the bed. I love summer, but not in the UK. It's either wet and cold, or BOILING hot.

I had an Amber warning for extreme heat flash up on my phone earlier. Severe weather warnings of any kind freak me out so much. Open your roof space at night and its supposed to be cooler, but its not working in my house.

A good tip for nightime is to point your fan at your feet, cools your core body temperature quicker/better.

Reactions: 7
Someone please help me.. I think I’m going to fall asleep at my desk at work 🥵 this heat turns my brain to mush!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.